"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

No Scoot for 2 Months!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010 | 01:53 PM
Fire-Medic
|
Road Warrior
Unhappy No Scoot for 2 Months!

Well Peterson's South picked up the bike from my place yesterday afternoon. Today right before lunch time I got a call from the adjuster who was at the dealer. A little over $6800 to fix the bike. Progressive will not suffice with the frame being welded so the neck is being cut off and sent back to the factory for a new frame with the same vin number. 30 hours minimum in labor and a projected completion date of October 29th, 2010. They are fixing the bike not totaling it, so no scoot for a couple of months.

I just hope they don't start "misplacing" parts and that the bike turns out ok. I don't know how I feel going forward of some hacked up frame like this but at this point I don't have another choice.

The Gremlins in my head are already telling me to trade it in after it's fixed but I would lose a few grand if I did that.

Just wanted to update everyone on what was going on.

Old 08-17-2010 | 02:07 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

What happened man, you okay?

Originally Posted by Fire-Medic
Well Peterson's South picked up the bike from my place yesterday afternoon. Today right before lunch time I got a call from the adjuster who was at the dealer. A little over $6800 to fix the bike. Progressive will not suffice with the frame being welded so the neck is being cut off and sent back to the factory for a new frame with the same vin number. 30 hours minimum in labor and a projected completion date of October 29th, 2010. They are fixing the bike not totaling it, so no scoot for a couple of months.

I just hope they don't start "misplacing" parts and that the bike turns out ok. I don't know how I feel going forward of some hacked up frame like this but at this point I don't have another choice.

The Gremlins in my head are already telling me to trade it in after it's fixed but I would lose a few grand if I did that.

Just wanted to update everyone on what was going on.

Old 08-17-2010 | 02:12 PM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member

Well Gabe, if it's on time it will be just right for great riding weather ! Sucks tha tyou have to wait though.

Old 08-17-2010 | 02:30 PM
Fire-Medic
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by masterblaster
What happened man, you okay?
Low speed fender bender at a gas station, explanation in the thread about riding to Earl's don't feel like typing it again lol. The crash bar was twisted and damaged the frame.

Thanks for your concern and yes I'm fine thank god, but a few more inches and my left leg would have been toast.

Old 08-17-2010 | 02:30 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

I am sure the weld will be x-rayed, they wont chance a bad weld on a frame neck. No worries there.

Old 08-17-2010 | 02:31 PM
Fire-Medic
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SoFla
Well Gabe, if it's on time it will be just right for great riding weather ! Sucks tha tyou have to wait though.
Yeah it does suck, and yes the weather should be nice that time of year.

Old 08-17-2010 | 02:51 PM
throttlejunkie
Road Warrior

Dude,
you are more than welcome to come over and sit on my bike and make motorcycle sounds !!
just sayin

Old 08-17-2010 | 03:00 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member

Glad to hear that you are OK!!!!!!

as far as the bike pray that it gets totalled and go buy another one. Once a vehicle wether be a car/truck or motorcycle it will NEVER be the same. Nothing gets assembled with the perfection that it gets while being built at the factory. If it was me I would be pushing for it to be totalled as I seen first hand how some people work on vehicles hell they even have bolts and nuts left over so go figure...

Old 08-17-2010 | 03:06 PM
Fire-Medic
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by big_al
Glad to hear that you are OK!!!!!!

as far as the bike pray that it gets totalled and go buy another one. Once a vehicle wether be a car/truck or motorcycle it will NEVER be the same. Nothing gets assembled with the perfection that it gets while being built at the factory. If it was me I would be pushing for it to be totalled as I seen first hand how some people work on vehicles hell they even have bolts and nuts left over so go figure...
I'm with you on this, but how do I push for the bike to be totaled? The adjuster flat out told me we're not totaling the bike the cost of repair is much less than 50% of what the bike is worth.

I don't know how I will feel about riding this bike again or even more letting my wife get on the back of it.

Old 08-17-2010 | 03:13 PM
pcbertsch
Tourer

I feel your pain. Had a choice of putting my Bob into the back of a car, or hit the pavement. I'm still here, so I chose the pavement. High sided the Bob. Radial fracture in left elbow, three bones fractured in wrist. Said all that to say bones are healed, bike still at shop with no work done, believe it or not, I'm not yelling at the shop. They're having it out with the insurance who think they will replace the custom parts with stock ones. I've had better days.

Quick Reply: No Scoot for 2 Months!