"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

No Scoot for 2 Months!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010 | 08:56 PM
roadglide sy
Cruiser
Default missing your ride

F/M glad to hear your ok and sorry to hear about the bike. Why cant the Ins.Co get you a rental to get you over the DT's of missing your bike ? Also good luck with the upgrades. Jim
What did you own this bike about a month or two

Last edited by roadglide sy; 08-18-2010 at 08:59 PM. Reason: added ????
Old 08-19-2010 | 09:29 AM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by roadglide sy
F/M glad to hear your ok and sorry to hear about the bike. Why cant the Ins.Co get you a rental to get you over the DT's of missing your bike ? Also good luck with the upgrades. Jim
What did you own this bike about a month or two
Rental is probably not covered. I think that even on a cage, it is optional insurance. It would be great if it is though.

Old 08-19-2010 | 03:39 PM
Fire-Medic
|
Road Warrior

They do not offer that on their bike policies, not even as an option.

Old 09-09-2010 | 12:41 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

FM any progress on the fix?

Old 09-09-2010 | 04:17 AM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Fire-Medic
I haven't been able to talk to the service manager yet, he's been in a meeting with his boss all day.

Thanks again

No he hasn't. He's been avoiding you. The typical response when someone asks for the manager is...he's in a meeting. It is done so his time isn't used up by people wanting to go straight to the top of the department, when the service writer can answer most questions.
Be carefull about calling them to ask questions. my wifes son used to work at Adamecs and he told me they had one guy calling every day asking questions, and when the S.M. told him to quit, the guy replied...it's his bike and he can ask all the Q's he wants and they should just deal with it.

You don't need to hold the dealers hand, they know what they are doing.

Old 09-09-2010 | 08:25 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Thundermug
No he hasn't. He's been avoiding you. The typical response when someone asks for the manager is...he's in a meeting. It is done so his time isn't used up by people wanting to go straight to the top of the department, when the service writer can answer most questions.
Be carefull about calling them to ask questions. my wifes son used to work at Adamecs and he told me they had one guy calling every day asking questions, and when the S.M. told him to quit, the guy replied...it's his bike and he can ask all the Q's he wants and they should just deal with it.

I disagree with you having just gone through this recently, My service Manager was my main line during my repair process. If he was busy when I called, he returned my call asap every time. Maybe my dealer is an exception but I kind of doubt it.

Old 09-09-2010 | 10:33 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

Had same experience as Dave at Petersons North when my two bikes were there for 2 months with $14k damage

Originally Posted by Just Dave
I disagree with you having just gone through this recently, My service Manager was my main line during my repair process. If he was busy when I called, he returned my call asap every time. Maybe my dealer is an exception but I kind of doubt it.

Old 09-09-2010 | 12:20 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member

Like in the car business we dont want your car in our shop any longer than needed because we want to get paid and give you your car back asap.

Old 09-09-2010 | 07:47 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Had same experience as Dave at Petersons North when my two bikes were there for 2 months with $14k damage
I had good experiences with Dave also...was a up front kinda guy, no BS...too bad he's not there anymore..

Old 09-17-2010 | 07:46 AM
Fire-Medic
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Thundermug

He was in a meeting, and I was called back as soon as he was out. We spent 30 mins or so on the phone with him answering all of my questions and concerns.

Anyways, for everyone else, I got a surprise call 2 days ago that my bike would be ready soon, and it's ready today. This was a VERY nice surprise for me, I have been wanting to ride so bad for so long now. But as luck would have it I work all damn weekend, lol.

Leaving in a bit to pick up the bike, the only thing that hadn't come in was one of the floor boards that was scratched up some, but the old was is perfectly functional for now so at least I can ride.

I had them swap the handlebars while they were fixing the bike, so it now has Heritage style bars with internal wiring. Hope it looks good and fits me good.

Quick Reply: No Scoot for 2 Months!