"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

No Scoot for 2 Months!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010 | 07:07 PM
Fire-Medic
|
Road Warrior

Ok one more question:

Does anyone know how this will affect the value of my bike going forward? Someone I know told me with a frame swap the bike could lose up to 50% of it's value compared to the same bike with no frame swap.

Old 08-17-2010 | 07:11 PM
dedjr67
Road Master

I don't think it will change the value of the bike because the title wont change to a salvage title or recovered theft. I will ask my buddy at the dealer tomorrow or Thursday and let you know.

Old 08-17-2010 | 07:27 PM
Fire-Medic
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dedjr67
I don't think it will change the value of the bike because the title wont change to a salvage title or recovered theft. I will ask my buddy at the dealer tomorrow or Thursday and let you know.
I appreciate it. This will make a difference in my decision with the insurance company. I don't want to end up with a fixed bike but upside down on my loan because of a drastic drop in value.

Old 08-17-2010 | 09:10 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member

Glad your ok F.M. Sorry about the bike. I hope you get it back soon and the value is right.

As for riding, just put on a biker movie; sit in front of the TV; put your hands at the 9 and 3 position and say "potato, potato, potato"....j/k man

Old 08-18-2010 | 12:48 AM
1of2
"Moderator"

Originally Posted by Fire-Medic
Ok one more question:

Does anyone know how this will affect the value of my bike going forward? Someone I know told me with a frame swap the bike could lose up to 50% of it's value compared to the same bike with no frame swap.

Why would you think it would affect the value. It will be just like it was with your original title. If someone told you that I'm sure they meant a frame with numbers that didn't match your engine. Dont sweat it. Everything will be just like it was.

Old 08-18-2010 | 07:38 AM
Fire-Medic
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 1of2
Why would you think it would affect the value. It will be just like it was with your original title. If someone told you that I'm sure they meant a frame with numbers that didn't match your engine. Dont sweat it. Everything will be just like it was.

I like to ask a lot of questions when I don't know about something, would hate to think everything is ok and then trade it in later on and find out I'm in the hole big time.

Old 08-18-2010 | 07:50 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member

Wow, I am glad they are getting a new frame for you, my buddy with the 07 has since traded his and he got a fair price on it, don't think you have to worry about that. The tentative date is cutting it close for the rally, I will be praying all goes smooth for you. I am extra glad that you are OK, that is whats really important in all of this.

Old 08-18-2010 | 11:30 AM
big_al
Elite HDF Member

I guess I am on the other side of the field on this one. I am glad that you are getting a new frame and not welded like originally mentioned. I dont care who the technician is I would be very concerned about how it goes back together, reason I say this is because I am in the automotive business and I see the hack jobs that are done on brand new vehicles once they get into a wreck let alone the craftsmanship. Once the bike is finished if they wont total it me personally I would be trading it in the same day that I am picking it up just because it would be in the back of my mind that the bike was completely taken apart and reassembled by a flat rate technician that most are interested in how many flat rate hours the job pays and how quickly he can get it off his lift. The service manager is going to tell you not to worry "Is his job to do so" I am very good friends with the service manager Owen at Petersons north and they have always done good by me it is just that I would not feel good about making monthly payments for something that had to be reassembled..just saying...good luck keep us posted of the progress.

Old 08-18-2010 | 11:35 AM
throttlejunkie
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by big_al
I guess I am on the other side of the field on this one. I am glad that you are getting a new frame and not welded like originally mentioned. I dont care who the technician is I would be very concerned about how it goes back together, reason I say this is because I am in the automotive business and I see the hack jobs that are done on brand new vehicles once they get into a wreck let alone the craftsmanship. Once the bike is finished if they wont total it me personally I would be trading it in the same day that I am picking it up just because it would be in the back of my mind that the bike was completely taken apart and reassembled by a flat rate technician that most are interested in how many flat rate hours the job pays and how quickly he can get it off his lift. The service manager is going to tell you not to worry "Is his job to do so" I am very good friends with the service manager Owen at Petersons north and they have always done good by me it is just that I would not feel good about making monthly payments for something that had to be reassembled..just saying...good luck keep us posted of the progress.
well after reading this, i only have one question for Gabe.

what color Ultra you gonna get ?

Old 08-18-2010 | 12:33 PM
HDBRATT
Stellar HDF Member

Gabe~ I am so glad you are ok. Like Dave said that is what is really important. Do what is best for you and I am sure everything will work out ok. I am going to read the other post.

Quick Reply: No Scoot for 2 Months!