"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

No Scoot for 2 Months!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010 | 03:49 PM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member

Can you insist on a happy medium? NOT total the bike, but giove you a new frame and not repair the damaged on. Nothing wrong with putting the motor, tranny.. ect on a new frame.

Old 08-17-2010 | 04:02 PM
Mebeebo
Road Master

Gabe, only you can make the decision on whether to ride the bike or not. One thing you cannot do, is ride a bike that you are not comfortable with and always second guessing it. You want to be completely focus on the ride and not worry about if the bike will fall apart while riding. There are enough distractions on the road and no need to add to it.

But, you need to see if you are going to end up paying up the **** by trading her in. As I text you earlier, speak with the dealer and see what they can do for you.

Look at all of your options and make a decision that is right for YOU.

Old 08-17-2010 | 04:10 PM
Bznitch
Road Master

Originally Posted by SoFla
Can you insist on a happy medium? NOT total the bike, but giove you a new frame and not repair the damaged on. Nothing wrong with putting the motor, tranny.. ect on a new frame.
Bingo! Everything existing will be put on a new frame. They have to destroy the current frame to make sure there are not 2 frames out there with the same VIN.

It's really just the amount of time this is going to take that BLOWS!

Old 08-17-2010 | 04:25 PM
Fire-Medic
|
Road Warrior

That's what they're doing. I was misinformed by the first guy from the insurance.

Old 08-17-2010 | 04:28 PM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Fire-Medic
That's what they're doing. I was misinformed by the first guy from the insurance.

Perfect... GOOD AS NEW (which it was anyway) ! Only thing that sucks is the waiting game.

Old 08-17-2010 | 04:35 PM
Fire-Medic
|
Road Warrior

Perfect... GOOD AS NEW (which it was anyway) ! Only thing that sucks is the waiting game.
Yes the service manager assured me good as new if not better because one guy will be building my bike back up instead of an assembly line. He also told me if I wanted to upgrade anything I would save on labor when they put it back together since it's something they have to do anyways.

I feel much better now after talking to him and knowing that it will be a new frame. He said 2 months was the worst case scenario depending on how fast parts come in, mainly the frame.

Old 08-17-2010 | 04:42 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

Have nothing but good to say about Petersons, always done me right. I would not worry at all. I say get the 103 with 255 cams now

Originally Posted by Fire-Medic
Yes the service manager assured me good as new if not better because one guy will be building my bike back up instead of an assembly line. He also told me if I wanted to upgrade anything I would save on labor when they put it back together since it's something they have to do anyways.

I feel much better now after talking to him and knowing that it will be a new frame. He said 2 months was the worst case scenario depending on how fast parts come in, mainly the frame.

Old 08-17-2010 | 04:42 PM
sofadog
Road Master

Once you get it back, I would go over it completely and make sure every nut and bolt has been tightened.

Old 08-17-2010 | 04:46 PM
Fire-Medic
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Have nothing but good to say about Petersons, always done me right. I would not worry at all. I say get the 103 with 255 cams now
You're in my head, lol.

Old 08-17-2010 | 05:54 PM
wilburz
Road Warrior

Good news. I would not worry about riding her with a new frame.

Quick Reply: No Scoot for 2 Months!