"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

No Scoot for 2 Months!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010 | 03:17 PM
dedjr67
Road Master

Gabe they cut the neck out so the Mo-Co knows that the frame was destroyed and what the VIN is, they will build a new frame with the same VIN number that you have on your bike. They do not weld your old neck into a new frame.

Old 08-17-2010 | 03:18 PM
Fire-Medic
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by masterblaster
I am sure the weld will be x-rayed, they wont chance a bad weld on a frame neck. No worries there.
I hear ya brother, but just thinking as was mentioned, who's putting it back together at the dealer? The 21 year old kid that thinks his life is over because his girlfriend dumped him? The old mechanic about to retire and disgruntled because they cut his benefits, etc.

Old 08-17-2010 | 03:20 PM
Fire-Medic
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dedjr67
Gabe they cut the neck out so the Mo-Co knows that the frame was destroyed and what the VIN is, they will build a new frame with the same VIN number that you have on your bike. They do not weld your old neck into a new frame.
Ok thanks that's not how the adjuster explained it to me, I'm still waiting for the Service Manager to call me back.

Old 08-17-2010 | 03:21 PM
Fire-Medic
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by THROTTLEJUNKIEDAVE
Dude,
you are more than welcome to come over and sit on my bike and make motorcycle sounds !!
just sayin

Old 08-17-2010 | 03:22 PM
Fire-Medic
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by pcbertsch
I feel your pain. Had a choice of putting my Bob into the back of a car, or hit the pavement. I'm still here, so I chose the pavement. High sided the Bob. Radial fracture in left elbow, three bones fractured in wrist. Said all that to say bones are healed, bike still at shop with no work done, believe it or not, I'm not yelling at the shop. They're having it out with the insurance who think they will replace the custom parts with stock ones. I've had better days.
Glad to hear you're ok and hope they get it sorted out for you.

Old 08-17-2010 | 03:23 PM
inaroush
Road Captain

Advise the Adjuster in writing that they are electing to "cut and weld" the frame of this bike. Should the bike fail from regular usage Progressive will be responsible not only for damages bu god forbid all bodily injury as well.

You are making a request which is reasonable and in line considering the magnitude of teh damage not just the value to repair. Once a frame has been cut and re-welded no matter how good the job may seem to be it is not a safe repair to re-weld a frame.

Also request a supervisor and advise them of the same and that you are considering seeking counsel if this matter can not be rectified.

Glad you are OKAY.....

Old 08-17-2010 | 03:32 PM
Fire-Medic
|
Road Warrior

I called back the agent to verify and you are correct. I will be getting a new frame not the neck of the old one welded up.

Makes me feel a little better.

Old 08-17-2010 | 03:32 PM
dedjr67
Road Master

Originally Posted by Fire-Medic
Ok thanks that's not how the adjuster explained it to me, I'm still waiting for the Service Manager to call me back.
Gabe just got off the phone with a friend of mine who is the service writer at the dealer I use and he told me that the only reason to cut the neck out is to make sure that there is not 2 bikes out therewith the same vin number and you will be getting a brand new frame just like when the bike was new.

Old 08-17-2010 | 03:34 PM
Fire-Medic
|
Road Warrior

Gabe just got off the phone phone with a friend of mine who is the service manager at the dealer I use and he told me that the only reason to cut the neck out is to make sure that there is not 2 bikes out therewith the same vin number and you will be getting a brand new frame just like when the bike was new.
Thanks brother, we must have been typing at the same time. I just got off the phone with the adjuster and this is exactly what he told me.

I haven't been able to talk to the service manager yet, he's been in a meeting with his boss all day.

Thanks again

Old 08-17-2010 | 03:41 PM
pcbertsch
Tourer

Originally Posted by Fire-Medic
Glad to hear you're ok and hope they get it sorted out for you.

Everyone on this forum good and bad help me get throuh it. It's also great to read threads of riders that get their scoots back.

Quick Reply: No Scoot for 2 Months!