"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Likey's Crew Ride Sunday 8/8

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 01:40 PM
kimbo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got home about half an hour ago, stayed dry except for that little shower we ran into on 78. Great to see everyone and great grub. Our waitress Trixey was sweet and smelled good too. Hope that Jeff made it home dry it was looking really dark to the east as we left Okee. Looks like the bottom is ready to drop out here in Palm Beach Gardens.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Made it home safe and wet. Good to meet up with you guys again. Been awhile since I had seen Bob. Food was good. I hope Mike got enough to eat.

When I turned north onto Hwy 98 and saw the sky was black I figured now would be a good time to break out the rain gear. On Hwy 70 right at Hwy 710 it started to rain and I road the next 30+ miles in it. Nothing freaky happened so all in all not a bad little ride.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:02 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah what they all said...great grub...great friends...great ride.....well all except the last 30 miles....sheezzzzzzzzzzzzusss...made it to Lakeworth Toll Plaza and it got dark as night....pulled under a bridge to wait it out...no such luck...put the Tweety Bird suit on and away I went..what a sphincter puckering ride that was...hydroplaning...blind, with A UPS double rig right on my azz...gawd it's good to be home...and the water proof boots HD sold me at a premium price SUCK!! Other than that it was a great finish to a awesome day...

Old 08-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Bob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Great ride, great people, great weather - not even a drop on the way home.
(But 30 minutes later is a whole different story....)

Old 08-08-2010, 03:15 PM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redman53
Yeah what they all said...great grub...great friends...great ride.....well all except the last 30 miles....sheezzzzzzzzzzzzusss...made it to Lakeworth Toll Plaza and it got dark as night....pulled under a bridge to wait it out...no such luck...put the Tweety Bird suit on and away I went..what a sphincter puckering ride that was...hydroplaning...blind, with A UPS double rig right on my azz...gawd it's good to be home...and the water proof boots HD sold me at a premium price SUCK!! Other than that it was a great finish to a awesome day...
I left for Ft. Lauderdale just as the skies opened up. headed back home after 1/2 a mile to put on my "rain gear". Full suit and gators... got to my destination.. SOAKED. Rain gear helped, but in ne way kept me dry.
Was about 30% visability on 595.

Glad you guys a had a good ride.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:47 PM
wilburz
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I show up when I can. My daughter was not interested in riding today. Sounds like a nice ride though.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:28 AM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member

Last night I'm at my work G2G and people that drove in from around the state are telling about how bad the rain was on the drive here. A few said their flights had to delay landing in it. Someone asked if I got rain and I replied "yes". Then they said, well at least you were only coming from Weston. My reply "Yeah, but I was on a Harley and had about 30% visability. "Holy ****, you ride in the rain on that?". "Duhh, yeah, this is Florida where we get lots of rain".

Well joy, joy..... got to head down and hang out with 300 of my closest co-workers.

Well that wasn't being much of a team player of me... now they'll make me the poster boy of the Team Building Week.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:34 AM
kered
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

i really wish i couldve made this trip but i was working sunday night...i got my fill of rain sunday morning tho....sheesh headed back to gainesville from ocala on 75 doing between 35 and 45 MPH...luckily it didnt last long...glad everyone had a safe ride

Old 08-09-2010, 06:01 PM
flagirl
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Glad to hear everyone had a great ride - sans rain! I'm looking forward to the next one where hopefully I can make it.

Hubby and hit some rain on the way back from Immokalee up 29. Nothing like driving across 80 in blinding rain. Thank goodness for full face helmets!

Old 08-09-2010, 09:15 PM
sofadog
Road Master

Hopefully the weather will be better next time. I was looking at riding 200+ miles in the rain and a lot of heavy rain so I stayed in this time. Was looking forward to seeing some of the crew and having some good seafood.