"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Need quick directions help

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 10:17 AM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need quick directions help

My wife is heading to Tampa in about 2 hours. She just found out she needs to go across Alligator Alley. She hates that road.

I told her to take 27 to 80 (GPS and Google maps do not show this option).

I figure some of you folks might know a better way. I remember a while back the bridge was out on 80. I see another route that goes up 27 to 70 to 5. But I just want to make sure 70 is not a rural route thru the boondocks before recomending it to her. She gets nervous on long drives alne (gets lost even with GPS).

Thnkas !

Old 08-05-2010, 11:39 AM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry Steve... I haven't traveled that way much myself. The two times I have, we've taken 70 across. It is a long stretch, but don't know that I'd call it through the boondocks. Hope ya'll found a good route for her...

Old 08-05-2010, 12:07 PM
CapeSalyers
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've made the trip a lot, 27 to 80 isn't too bad but I'd rather go across the alley.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:18 PM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks for the replies. She just left. I convinced her to just take alligator alley. I told her 75 all the way to 275 and her destination is right off the highway. Last 2 times she made this trip I drove and worked out of the room. But we have overlapping destinations this weekend.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Check this route out. Maybe she can use it on the way back. This will avoid the bridge closure.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:22 PM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

i just got back from Palm Beach last night. I take 70 quite often. going west on 70 at 27 will get you to I-75 in about 50 miles. It's rural but its fine. There are no banjo's

Old 08-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by reesestewww
i just got back from Palm Beach last night. I take 70 quite often. going west on 70 at 27 will get you to I-75 in about 50 miles. It's rural but its fine. There are no banjo's
Something like this?

Old 08-05-2010, 04:13 PM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bertk
Something like this?

Exactly!

Old 08-06-2010, 09:47 AM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks guys. Funny, I was talking to her after work last night and her cell phone was running low and she forgot her charger. She said she would have to run out today to buy a new one. I told her I would bring her's to her and leave it at the front desk and then head back home. She said "what are you, nuts? It took me over 4 hours to get here.". I told her "Yeah I'll be riding the MC and I want to try route 70". She still thought I was crazy. The only crazy thing was I was thinking today was Saturday (have to work today).

Old 08-06-2010, 09:50 AM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SoFla
Thanks guys. Funny, I was talking to her after work last night and her cell phone was running low and she forgot her charger. She said she would have to run out today to buy a new one. I told her I would bring her's to her and leave it at the front desk and then head back home. She said "what are you, nuts? It took me over 4 hours to get here.". I told her "Yeah I'll be riding the MC and I want to try route 70". She still thought I was crazy. The only crazy thing was I was thinking today was Saturday (have to work today).
Hahhaha NICE! that may be better than the 4 hour burger run. The 8 hour car charger run.

Glad she made it. Alligator alley is actually very nice now. 4 lanes with a wide median. much safer than it was 20 years ago.

Quick Reply: Need quick directions help