"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Anyone riding this weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 07:03 PM
HDRick
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sefferdog
This will be old hat to you by then. I will come up and get you and bring you down to Ocala via the scenic route! Wanna go on a little ride next Thurs right around your area?
Sefferdog. Let's go see Bill. Give me a call this week and lets ride....

Old 06-05-2010, 07:06 PM
OldSalt
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This will be old hat to you by then. I will come up and get you and bring you down to Ocala via the scenic route! Wanna go on a little ride next Thurs right around your area?
Let me see what's going on come wednesday afternoon.
Don't want you coming all this way for nothing.
I'll PM you.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HDRick
Sefferdog. Let's go see Bill. Give me a call this week and lets ride....
Maybe next Thurs if you guys are free? We can take a winding route over to 13 and pick up Bill and go from there? What do you say Bill?

Last edited by Sefferdog; 06-05-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by bhidalgo
Let me see what's going on come wednesday afternoon.
Don't want you coming all this way for nothing.
I'll PM you.
Sounds good Bill, and I go that way all the time, if I am riding it is never for nothing. At the least it is some personal therapy...

Old 06-05-2010, 07:14 PM
Len
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

off to Benson on Sunday!
(Arizona, it'll be a pleasant 104 degrees)

Old 06-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Phlip96
Outstanding HDF Member

DOOD!!! I know we don;t give two rats azz about hijackin a thread, but this thread has THREE subjects in it!! Whew!

Okay, I'm here to discuss the RIDE section of this thread. I will meet whoever may be at this empty parking lot at an unsaid time, yeah we seem real organized here huh?

Here's what I know, I spent 11 hours on the bike which includes 2 1/2 hours travel time. Proud to say only one hour lunch break and 8 straight hours since. So a ridin' is a whatta imma doin' tomorra!

Old 06-05-2010, 08:25 PM
OldSalt
Road Captain

Maybe next Thurs if you guys are free? We can take a winding route over to 13 and pick up Bill and go from there? What do you say Bill?
I love how all these threads just keep intermingling!

Sounds good to me, BUT I'll let ya'll know come Wednesday afternoon. Not sure if the wife is working Thursday afternoon/evening, OR if I'll have a job interview with a school after work that day. Can't leave my Son home alone for too long either. Ill let ya'll know as soon as I know for sure what's going on with me Thursday. Deal?

Note to self: NEVER EVER think that finding a teaching job is a piece of cake, much less keeping it for more than a few months. This cr@p su@#$! Feel better now...

Old 06-05-2010, 08:32 PM
OldSalt
Road Captain
Default Boots and Front Pegs - Serious question here

I know this is off subject (imagine THAT for this thread) but how the #ELL do you keep your boots from slipping off the D@#N foot pegs on your bike while you're riding?
No I'm not acting stupid here, but my boots aren't Motorcycle Riding Boots, and I am having a #ell of a time keeping my feet from slipping off the front pegs. The thread on the boots are not as thick as HD Riding boots. They're my old Red Wing boots from when I was still in the Navy before I retired. Makes riding even more of a PITA (Pain in the A$S) for me. Don't have the money to go buy new boots right now either.

Thanks.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:41 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member

I love how all these threads just keep intermingling!

Sounds good to me, BUT I'll let ya'll know come Wednesday afternoon. Not sure if the wife is working Thursday afternoon/evening, OR if I'll have a job interview with a school after work that day. Can't leave my Son home alone for too long either. Ill let ya'll know as soon as I know for sure what's going on with me Thursday. Deal?

Note to self: NEVER EVER think that finding a teaching job is a piece of cake, much less keeping it for more than a few months. This cr@p su@#$! Feel better now...
Sounds good to me.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Phlip96
Outstanding HDF Member

I know this is off subject (imagine THAT for this thread) but how the #ELL do you keep your boots from slipping off the D@#N foot pegs on your bike while you're riding?
No I'm not acting stupid here, but my boots aren't Motorcycle Riding Boots, and I am having a #ell of a time keeping my feet from slipping off the front pegs. The thread on the boots are not as thick as HD Riding boots. They're my old Red Wing boots from when I was still in the Navy before I retired. Makes riding even more of a PITA (Pain in the A$S) for me. Don't have the money to go buy new boots right now either.

Thanks.
Wow, never heard of that issue before Bill. Only thing I can imagine is make sure the rubber is free of oil and grease and your boots are clean as well. Youre not talkin about the highway pegs I imagine, you couldn't possibly be putting your feet up there yet! Lol Otherwise I would say to adjust them so they are not slanted out in an outward direction to cause the slip.

Originally Posted by 2 Beers
Emailed a Carol/Ken and a few others earlier. Won't get a reply until later tonite from them. Don't know their time-table. See that Joe/jor71 is Deerfield Beach if the pinned map is right.

Why don't we say tentatively 9:30am at the "NexStore Station" lot (closed/empty) for anyone south of Boca. I-95 North to Congress Exit, then West just through the light (see pics attached) on the left (south-side). [Nexstore Market Place LLC‎, 8081 Congress Avenue, Boca Raton, FL 33487-1359]

We can pick anyone north of there on the way.

BUT, check here for a time change early tomorrow AM in case of a change.

Does that work for y'all? Any others wanna jump in?

2Beers
Steve, buddy, ya know I like where ya buy your shirts n all. But youre scarin me with the wierd meeting places and strange people that can't get their times right. Imma go with what I know, shell at 9am. I will try and stall the guys to 930 possibly 945. otherwise we shall see you at the watering hole.

Quick Reply: Anyone riding this weekend?