"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

its not if but when

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010 | 06:24 PM
HDRick
Road Warrior

How's that hip today? Chicks love bruises and scars. That's what I heard from SP, but he makes **** up...

Old 06-04-2010 | 08:27 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by HDRick
How's that hip today? Chicks love bruises and scars. That's what I heard from SP, but he makes **** up...
1st. WTF were ya last weekend Rick....sure woulda been nice to be abused in person....this seeing ya once a year ain't cutting it....

2nd. Nobody could make up some of the chit I've seen....

Old 06-04-2010 | 08:30 PM
The Worm
Cruiser

Dave sorry to hear about you little tumble. Glad you are alright. New phone not so bad.

Worm

Old 06-07-2010 | 05:26 AM
a1a goose
Cruiser

Originally Posted by The Worm
Dave sorry to hear about you little tumble. Glad you are alright. New phone not so bad.

Worm
Glad to hear your are doing ok as well, and you're right about kids having no respect. They will walk right down the middle of the street like they own it almost daring you to run them over. How many points for a teenager?

Old 06-15-2010 | 12:33 AM
CroK
Banned

almost daring? They are indeed daring you. Seen it too many times for it to be misinterpreted...

Proper approach and negotiating speed bumps...
Approach should be slow and deliberate. Maintain eye contact with them (the 'speed bumps') at all times. If you can manage while slowly approaching, give them a big grin. Then, let your front wheel slide up and over. Once your rear tire approaches, grab the brake, and come to a momentary stop without dropping either foot to the ground. Just before the rear tire is no longer rotating, rev the engine to about 2800 RPM and pop the clutch, smoking the rear tire on top of the 'speed bump'. Before the rear tire begins to drop down on the other side of the 'speed bump', drop the RPMs so it is a nice clean roll off onto the main roadway.

When you have traveled about 5', turn and give the 'speed bump' one last glance at your satisfied grin...

If you see that there are no rubber marks on the road before or after the 'speed bump', and there is a very nice smoking patch of rubber dead center on top of the 'speed bump', you have successfully negotiated the maneuver and will most likely find that the 'speed bump' is no longer present on any future visit to that area...

Old 06-16-2010 | 09:19 PM
bear68
Tourer

Dec 23 I was talking with a buddy at work and told him "There are two types of bikers, those that have crashed and those that are gonna." Two hours later I was lyin in the road bleedin from a 85 yr old woman who then drove away. (She went home and called the cops 30 min later).

Sorry to hear about your misfortune BDM. Pick yerself up, dust yerself off, slap them little buggers (the kids), and get back in the wind. Best advice I know of, anyhow.....