"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

My Little Ride to Alaska

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 04:59 PM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kimbo
OK guys just talked to Jerry, he is with his family in Homer and going to have a big Alaska King Crab dinner with Bubba tonight. He said he has like 45 e-mails and doesn't know when he will have a chance to respond but will be posting up here later. I asked him if he had a chance to rest and he said he was still to amped up. He sounded good and said that this was something we all have to do. We also talked about a new challenge he wants to do with the Crew, but I'll let him share it with you guys. I know for one, I'm in. Just hoping I can keep up with The Blaster; Looks like he's going to ship his bike back, something about headed to China. Man this guy covers some ground!!!

Thanks for the update Kimbo !

Old 07-02-2010, 05:40 PM
HDRick
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got back from NC. Been on the road all day and all I could think about was Jerry finishing in Homer. WOW!!! Amazing!!! You RULE, MasterBlaster.....

Old 07-02-2010, 07:54 PM
kimbo
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by kimbo
OK guys just talked to Jerry, he is with his family in Homer and going to have a big Alaska King Crab dinner with Bubba tonight. He said he has like 45 e-mails and doesn't know when he will have a chance to respond but will be posting up here later. I asked him if he had a chance to rest and he said he was still to amped up. He sounded good and said that this was something we all have to do. We also talked about a new challenge he wants to do with the Crew, but I'll let him share it with you guys. I know for one, I'm in. Just hoping I can keep up with The Blaster; Looks like he's going to ship his bike back, something about headed to China. Man this guy covers some ground!!!
Come on Master Blaster we all are sitting by our computers anticipating what you will post.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:33 PM
KeywestBen
Cruiser

Congratulations Jerry. hope I can see any photos you have or hear some of your adventures. Look forward to the challenge you mentioned.

blue_streak

Old 07-03-2010, 10:45 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! And I don't mean Springer !

Old 07-03-2010, 11:34 AM
FBLJosh
Road Captain

Any more updates? I want to see pictures and hear stories!!!

Old 07-03-2010, 05:12 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

All I can say is " What a ride".

Bubba is a hard riding dude and a man of integrity and honor.

Just read this whole thread, am a little overwhelmed with the support of the crew, you guys and gals are the greatest.

My hands and body still hurting so will keep this short.

Day one I stopped at the wreck that Jays friend was in, cops asked me to talk John out of trying top ride his bike, he was still in shock at the time but but bike was unridable, watched other guy get life flighted. Was the only other rider there so made sure all was secure and John was set with a tow and medical , gave him my cell number for local help if he needed it. He was missing a chunk or tip of a finger and was stilll trying to get on his wreked bike to ride, unbelievable spirit. Heard other guy will lose leg but am hoping they saved it, looked pretty bad though. This set me back a few hours so I knew I was out of the money from the start. BTW the cops at teh scene were the same ones that were at the wreck when my son rearended my bike, good dudes.

Made it to Daytona that night, longest 700 mile trip to Daytona I ever did. Met Bubba tghe next morning with some other dudes and rode with them for a bit but the guy leading was slow so I peeled off with Bubba and headed our own way, he has similar riding style so was a good match. I should say he is a bit more agressive than me hehe.

From there we rode the bst ride in the world.

My compensator has been giving me problems since Montana, no dealer has one in stock so I decide to run the bike til it broke. I limped in to Homer yesterday placed 102, little pised as I wanted to be top 100.

Just for clarification, this was not really a race but a challenge. Anyone that finishes this thing by July 4th has good standing in my book. The organizers have always been straight up with me so I have nothing bad to say about them, there is a production company following the whole thing. So all the negative people can STFU and go Fk themselves (to be polite about it hehe).

Although I have seen most of our country in my life I have to say when you see it from a seat of a Harley you really get to appreciate it a whole lot more. We have a special country, it is beautiful and full of good people.
hard to put this to words but if you can do something like this, do it, it is worth it. Words that pop into my mind about this ride and our country.

Majestic
Beauty
Grand
Treacherous roads
Scary riding at night, damed near pissed my pants climbing a 1000 foot high dirt switchback in Utah, glad it wasn't daylight I am not sure I would have attempted

Tragic
All the guys that died or got hurt, saddened by this. I have to say though that th old cilche about going out doing what you want to do is definately apt for this ride. Lots of people dropped out soon after we started because it was a pretty challenging event so if you were still in it after Missippi you were on a mission and wanted to do this no matter what. I feel bad for the death but understand their motovations for driving on.

Our People
We the American people are great people across the board, have met many others here from all over our country, riders and non riders alike, reinstills my belief in our country.

Have many stories but hands are hurting too bad to keep typing now will catrch up later.

Longest hamburger run I ever did, got a fishburger for my first meal in Homer in honor of the crew. Thaks for the support.

Old 07-03-2010, 05:23 PM
kimbo
Outstanding HDF Member

Special thanks from all of us Jerry, nice to here it from a rider with integrity to put it all in the proper perspective. As you've heard we all are proud of what you have accomplished.

Old 07-03-2010, 05:55 PM
FBLJosh
Road Captain

Awesome Jerry, just plain awesome!! I'm so excited for you and all the riders of this fantastic adventure! You guys are my heros. I wanted to do it so bad....definitely will one day before I die. Maybe with one of the many great folks in the Fl Crew. My hats off to you. Whenever you get a chance to rest up and keep your hands and anything else from hurting, was wondering the mileage of this Grand Burger Run?!

Old 07-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Jerry, congratulations to you and all of the other rider that completed this fantastic ride.

You are my Hero!!! Can't wait to hear some of the stories.

Quick Reply: My Little Ride to Alaska