"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

My Little Ride to Alaska

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 11:17 AM
kimbo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Posted about an hour ago by Bubba's son on FB; Dad had a scare last night at about 1 am his time. His riding buddy Jerry Reidy disappeared in thin air. Dad said he was a little ways ahead of Jerry but still had him in his mirror just outside Jake's Corner. An 18 wheeler almost ran Dad off of the road and when he looked back Jerry's lights were gone. Dad immediately is thinking that Jerry went ... See Moreoff the road somewhere so he turned around and started his search. After looking in every nook and crany dad decided it was time to call the Police. They are naturally suspicious because it took some time for Dad to call them. They did not take into consideration that there is no cell phone service out there and dad had to get on a hill to call them. About 45 minutes ago (9 am our time 7 Dad's time) we heard back from Jerry's wife stating that Jerry had sent her a text at about 1 am Dad's time and that Dad was in front of him and he (Jerry) was going to pull over and rest and get out of the rain. As of now this moment I have not been able to get a hold of dad to tell him the news but I was happy to hear Jerry was ok.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:43 AM
HDRick
Road Warrior

Great news. Thanks , Kimbo. Hope Jerry and Bubba get back together. Bubba is a hell of a man to come back and look for Jerry. Hope we all get to meet him, Bubba, one day for a ride with the Crew.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:48 PM
HDRick
Road Warrior

Looks like Bubba and I hope Jerry are rolling again.....

Old 06-30-2010, 01:18 PM
dedjr67
Road Master

I nominate Bubba as an honorary FL. Crew member for not wanting to leave a man behind.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:22 PM
JaxHarleyRdr
Club Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Honorary Hell full fledged member!!

Old 06-30-2010, 01:28 PM
FBLJosh
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JaxFatBoy
Honorary Hell full fledged member!!
I second that!!!

Old 06-30-2010, 02:40 PM
sofadog
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like they are about 1100 miles out.
Keep up the good ride MB and Bubba!

Old 06-30-2010, 02:51 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

good to hear that. been thinking about him all day long.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:28 PM
IMSuzyQ
6th Gear

Originally Posted by HDRick
Any word on Cowboy getting a ride to Homer? Hope someone picks him up to get to the party.
Cowboy is on a plane to Seattle right now, and then up to his family in another part of Alaska. They had already rented a place in Homer, and if all goes well, should be there by the celebration!

I've been tracking Bodhi too. Turns out Cowboy was with him towards the beginning of the race. They were separated, and as I was tracking them both, Bodhi was ahead of Cowboy, and Cowboy passed him on the road up North later on, and didn't even realize he had passed him. Technology is amazing and has made this so much fun for us spectators!

Cowboy has heard that Bodhi has a hurt leg. Whether that's the case or not, looks like he's gonna be in Homer soon enough!

I sure hope things start looking up at the end of the line. There was plenty of fanfare at the start; not right for it to be so quiet at the finish after all these folks have put their hearts -- and lives -- on this challenge. How disappointing and I hope amends are made and a big party kicks up real quick.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:08 PM
HDRick
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by IMSuzyQ
Cowboy is on a plane to Seattle right now, and then up to his family in another part of Alaska. They had already rented a place in Homer, and if all goes well, should be there by the celebration!

I've been tracking Bodhi too. Turns out Cowboy was with him towards the beginning of the race. They were separated, and as I was tracking them both, Bodhi was ahead of Cowboy, and Cowboy passed him on the road up North later on, and didn't even realize he had passed him. Technology is amazing and has made this so much fun for us spectators!

Cowboy has heard that Bodhi has a hurt leg. Whether that's the case or not, looks like he's gonna be in Homer soon enough!

I sure hope things start looking up at the end of the line. There was plenty of fanfare at the start; not right for it to be so quiet at the finish after all these folks have put their hearts -- and lives -- on this challenge. How disappointing and I hope amends are made and a big party kicks up real quick.
Glad to hear he's gonna be there and doing good enough to travel.

Quick Reply: My Little Ride to Alaska