"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

My Little Ride to Alaska

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 08:42 PM
Stubby3492
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know who this Bohdi fellow is, but he really smoking. I have been following him and he's been riding like a madman. He's way on the other side of Fairbanks on the stretch to Anchorage.
Here's his spot link: http://www.spotadventures.com/user/p...?user_id=56371

If you click on "Full Screen" at the bottom of the map window you get a better picture.

Last edited by Stubby3492; 06-29-2010 at 08:44 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:05 PM
2 Beers
Road Master

Originally Posted by IMSuzyQ
No way -- Is that what I think it is? For some reason, I don't have permission to view the photo. Locked? You may have just made my day! ... And I've been tracking some of those guys!
You're welcome, SuzyQ. And, thanks Araba. Generally, you just hover your mouse over the thumbnail pic, and it will download and display.

Originally Posted by kimbo
Did you see on the link you posted earlier harleycam.com where the guy on leg 2 came across Tramp Stamp waving dollars cause he ran out of gas.
Didn't see that one, Kimbo, but is making me laugh for sure. icon_headbang:

2Beers

Old 06-29-2010, 09:23 PM
2 Beers
Road Master

And it looks like Jerry/MB is in the Y.T.!!!

Someone said that the Challengers reaching Homer, and some who's luck didn't allow it, will be a brotherhood for years to come. I can see that.

Rock On Jerry!!! We're with ya!

2Beers

Old 06-29-2010, 09:25 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

I have totally enjoyed this thread with all the great input. Hope the Cowboy rides again soon. Really kind of hate to see it end. Kudos to Jerry and all that participated.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:25 PM
2 Beers
Road Master

Route Pic

Attached Thumbnails My Little Ride to Alaska-hoka-hey-route.jpg  
Old 06-29-2010, 11:14 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Stubby3492
I don't know who this Bohdi fellow is, but he really smoking. I have been following him and he's been riding like a madman. He's way on the other side of Fairbanks on the stretch to Anchorage.
Here's his spot link: http://www.spotadventures.com/user/p...?user_id=56371

If you click on "Full Screen" at the bottom of the map window you get a better picture.
That dude is cooking, I have not seen him before. I can not wait to see some pics and hear some stories from all the riders. Should be a book in some of the adventures. I have really enjoyed following all the spot trackers , have not enjoyed all the whining and rumors(ie; Facebook, General section, etc.) I hope they have a little better coverage if they do this again so my loved ones will be able to keep up with me. Thanks for all of those who dug up the trackers and info during this event.

Goooo Masterblaster!!!!! I bet he cant wait to get a hot shower, good meal and some rest.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:01 AM
Stubby3492
Road Captain

Here is a Youtube video that is very disappointing. Apparently for some riders coming in to Homer at the finish line, there is nobody there to greet them. That would be so disappointing after a ride like that, and it seems like the there were other issues with the organizing of the event such as the maps, etc.
I'm still excited for the riders, even if the organizers may not have held up there end.

the video is called Day_2, but its actually fron June 29.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCmwm...eature=channel

Last edited by Stubby3492; 06-30-2010 at 04:04 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:19 AM
Stubby3492
Road Captain

On their blog this is one of the paragraphs.

Homer's most distinguishing feature is the Homer Spit, a narrow 4.5 mile (7 km) long gravel bar that extends into the bay. And it is here that our Challengers will find the end of the road. Plus, when the Challengers arrive in here; they will be greeted by one of the most enthusiastic and endearing group of people you could ever hope to meet!
http://www.hokaheychallenge.com/Homer.html

I'm not tying to be a downer here, as I find the race very exciting, and imagine myself riding with them.
Its just that if I rode to the finish line after a ride like that and there was no body there to greet me, I would be pissed. I just think the riders deserve a bit more respect than that.

If it wasn't so far, I wish all of us who followed the challengers, could be there to give them all a pat on the back and shake their hand and congratulate them on a "ride well done".

Last edited by Stubby3492; 06-30-2010 at 04:23 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-30-2010, 06:00 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm with you Stubby! If I had the time/money I would be on my up there right now instead of typing this.

Is it constant Daylight up there where Masterblaster is right now? Anybody know?

Goooo Masterblaster!

Old 06-30-2010, 06:24 AM
Araba Shriner
Road Master

There is a lot of bad press and rumors running around about the event with regards to how it was organized and hopefully it turns out to be exactly what it was supposed to be. Even if there is no winnings, I would be extremely pleased just to be part of it and have been able to complete it.

I am very happy and proud for the riders who made or even attempted this journey. My hats off to you

Quick Reply: My Little Ride to Alaska