"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

My Little Ride to Alaska

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 11:47 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by IMSuzyQ
Hi, sorry to butt in, since I am not a rider. (Hmm, after watching this race, wonder how long that'll last?) Found your thread while researching Hoka Hey. -- Just wanted to say I appreciated what "Just Dave" had to say about Cowboy, and to the rest of you that were following him on the tracker. He's my cousin, and a true grit cowboy, raised by a cowboy, who was raised by a cowboy. Regret to say, he had an accident and is now in a hospital in BC, Canada. Broken collarbone, rib, and messed up tendon in knee. Wheelchair for 6 weeks. His early request was, of course, to get back on the bike and finish the ride. If all goes right, he will be in Homer at the celebration. He met some of the Florida riders in Key West at the start. If you're there, be sure to shake his hand. He's a great fella and we're proud of him!
Hi Suzyq, sorry to hear about your cousin. He is a hard core rider for sure. Please tell him we are all thinking of him and enjoyed watching the great ride he made until his misfortune. It takes a certain kind of person to do what he did and we certainly give him the respect he deserves.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:29 AM
IMSuzyQ
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 Beers
SuzyQ... He provided us with a lot of excitement and fun through his adventure. FLA Crew material for sure. Get well soon thoughts headed his way. Fantastic, and our thanks to him. Hope his steel horse survived.

Go MB!!!

2Beers
Thanks again FLA Crew for your well wishes! You are the best!!

Steel horse was declared fixable with about 25 minutes and some patience, & towed to nearest HD store, which happens to be in same town he's laid up in, coincidentally. Here's a hopeful request: If you know of anyone who is going through with a trailer support, OR just an automobile of some type, Cowboy would be eternally grateful for a ride/tow/whatever to Homer! Otherwise, it's airplane and separation from horse for a bit because the injuries don't allow for that position/pressure.

FIVE riders have stopped in and visited Cowboy at the hospital in Cranbrook, B.C. -- sweaty, with circles around their eyes, exhausted, but excited. He says he's hearing that many, many of the initial finishers have been or are disqualified. You guys hearing anything like that?? If he had made it, having followed all the rules ... Well, we won't even go there.

Do you have a tracker on Masterblaster? I was tracking about 13 or so riders, and I'd love to watch your folks get to the end of this amazing journey! Otherwise, I'll lurk here for a bit and try to stay out of the way if you don't mind.

Last edited by IMSuzyQ; 06-29-2010 at 02:10 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:13 AM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

sorry to hear about your cousin. give him my well wishes.

Old 06-29-2010, 05:45 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Steel horse was declared fixable with about 25 minutes and some patience, & towed to nearest HD store, which happens to be in same town he's laid up in, coincidentally. Here's a hopeful request: If you know of anyone who is going through with a trailer support, OR just an automobile of some type, Cowboy would be eternally grateful for a ride/tow/whatever to Homer! Otherwise, it's airplane and separation from horse for a bit because the injuries don't allow for that position/pressure.

FIVE riders have stopped in and visited Cowboy at the hospital in Cranbrook, B.C. -- sweaty, with circles around their eyes, exhausted, but excited. He says he's hearing that many, many of the initial finishers have been or are disqualified. You guys hearing anything like that?? If he had made it, having followed all the rules ... Well, we won't even go there.

Do you have a tracker on Masterblaster? I was tracking about 13 or so riders, and I'd love to watch your folks get to the end of this amazing journey! Otherwise, I'll lurk here for a bit and try to stay out of the way if you don't mind.
Masterblaster is riding with this dude named Bubba. Follow them here http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...6HRTHPPhgRa6e4

Old 06-29-2010, 06:24 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I dont know his name but he is cooking!!!!!! He is way up in the Yukon!!!! http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...6z9m3FKD96Mly9

I'll bet that is just some beautiful country they are in today.

Goooooo Masterblaster!!!!

Old 06-29-2010, 07:17 AM
HDRick
Road Warrior

This is one of the most exciting adventures I have gotten to watch. Technology is really cool. Boy, does this make 300 mile hamburger run look like sissy ride.

Last edited by HDRick; 06-29-2010 at 07:22 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:57 AM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm with ya there, HDRick.. on every account! Next time I should pitch a bitsh about hurtin after a burger run, just direct me back to this thread!

Go MasterBlaster!!

Old 06-29-2010, 08:01 AM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

All my best to your cuz! He's most defiitly a man of good honor and one to be very proud of. Best wishes for a speedy recovery...
Don't feel like you've just gotta lurk here... feel free to chime in anytime. All are welcome here. Especially those that share the same love, joy, and even support of the riding community.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:08 AM
FBLJosh
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm also sorry to hear about the misfortune. Hope he is recovering well. This has been exciting to watch, and I was keeping up with Cowboy as well, that is really too bad! Prayers are sent up for him and his recovery.

I'm curious to see who actually "wins" this thing in the correct manner. I wonder what all the stipulations are for being disqualified?! The suspense is killing me!!! Go MB!!!!!!!

Old 06-29-2010, 08:35 AM
DeckerDude
Road Master

Originally Posted by HDRick
Boy, does this make 300 mile hamburger run look like sissy ride.
Ain't that the truth...These guys that are still going are something else !!!!

Quick Reply: My Little Ride to Alaska