"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

My Little Ride to Alaska

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 05:30 PM
kimbo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IMSuzyQ
Hi, sorry to butt in, since I am not a rider. (Hmm, after watching this race, wonder how long that'll last?) Found your thread while researching Hoka Hey. -- Just wanted to say I appreciated what "Just Dave" had to say about Cowboy, and to the rest of you that were following him on the tracker. He's my cousin, and a true grit cowboy, raised by a cowboy, who was raised by a cowboy. Regret to say, he had an accident and is now in a hospital in BC, Canada. Broken collarbone, rib, and messed up tendon in knee. Wheelchair for 6 weeks. His early request was, of course, to get back on the bike and finish the ride. If all goes right, he will be in Homer at the celebration. He met some of the Florida riders in Key West at the start. If you're there, be sure to shake his hand. He's a great fella and we're proud of him!
Wow sorry to here this, Yes a lot of the FL Crew was tracking him and yes he was blasting with what looked like a clean ride. Please tell Cowboy that the FL Crew is behind him in his recovery and he is now a FL Crew member based on all he has accomplished. Our hearts and prayer are with him. Thanks for the update and let the Crew know if their is anything we can do to help out. I'm sure Masterblaster will find him and welcome him to the Crew for all of us if he makes it to Homer.

Last edited by kimbo; 06-28-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:41 PM
IMSuzyQ
6th Gear

Originally Posted by kimbo
Wow sorry to here this, Yes a lot of the FL Crew was tracking him and yes he was blasting with what looked like a clean ride. Please tell Cowboy that the FL Crew is behind him in his recovery and he is now a FL Crew member based on all he has accomplished. Our hearts and prayer are with him. Thanks for the update and let the Crew know if their is anything we can do to help out
Awesome! He's laid up at a hospital in Cranbrook right now, and some riders there are going to be visiting him. Have to say, I am impressed by the support of the HD community!

Old 06-28-2010, 05:46 PM
IMSuzyQ
6th Gear

P.S. Salute to your riders and hope to hear of them safely crossing the finish line soon!

Old 06-28-2010, 05:47 PM
cajunfla
Tourer

Awesome! He's laid up at a hospital in Cranbrook right now, and some riders there are going to be visiting him. Have to say, I am impressed by the support of the HD community!
Wishing Cowboy a speedy recovery, and many more miles.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:32 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Dang I am so sorry to read this, He was cooking right along and he has my admiration for a great try. I hope he recovers quickly and my wife and I have already sent prayers for the whole family. Tell him Thanks for a great run from the Florida Crew!

Go Masterblaster!!!!!!

Old 06-28-2010, 07:18 PM
HDRick
Road Warrior

Best wishes and prayer for a speedy recovery to Cowboy. IMSuzyQ, echoing Kimbo's comments. He had a great ride and we really enjoyed tracking his progress.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:41 PM
FLAHOG
Cruiser

Looks like the first two riders have arrived in Alaska. Here is a link to the article in the Homer newspaper. The one guy was from Highland, Florida.

http://homernews.com/stories/062810/...llengers.shtml

Old 06-28-2010, 10:57 PM
2 Beers
Road Master

He's my cousin, and a true grit cowboy, raised by a cowboy, who was raised by a cowboy. Regret to say, he had an accident and is now in a hospital in BC, Canada. ... He's a great fella and we're proud of him!
SuzyQ... He provided us with a lot of excitement and fun through his adventure. FLA Crew material for sure. Get well soon thoughts headed his way. Fantastic, and our thanks to him. Hope his steel horse survived.

Go MB!!!

2Beers

Old 06-28-2010, 10:59 PM
HDRick
Road Warrior

Damn, here it is almost midnight and MB & Bubba are still going. Go Boys Go! Must be really dark and hazardous. Be careful....

Old 06-28-2010, 11:40 PM
2 Beers
Road Master

30mins ago, my bud Jack was in Tok, AK with only 8hrs to Homer. And, he's done it right all the way.

Jack and Crystal are from Delray.

Jerry and Bubba are making progress at this late hour.

With Jack and Jerry, that says a lot about the riders from our area. You guys are something else. Bad to the bone. Ride Free.

Oh yeah, and Sportster Chris is making me shake my head ... as in AMAZED. He's still rackin' up miles now as well.

Hoka Hey!

2Beers

Last edited by 2 Beers; 06-28-2010 at 11:43 PM.

Quick Reply: My Little Ride to Alaska