"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

My Little Ride to Alaska

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 02:41 PM
WillyHD
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys. The winner of the 2009 Ironbutt Rally rode 12,706 miles in 11 days. Second place rode 12,153 in 11 days.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:02 PM
HDRick
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by WillyHD
Guys. The winner of the 2009 Ironbutt Rally rode 12,706 miles in 11 days. Second place rode 12,153 in 11 days.
I bet you $500,000.00 of Alaskan Gold they never did those IronButt rides on secondary roads and no interstates. I do know what you mean Chris, but the IronButt and this "challenge" are not the same. IronButt rides have real rules and regulations and they all don't ride aircooled v-twins.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:27 PM
WillyHD
Road Master

Originally Posted by HDRick
I bet you $500,000.00 of Alaskan Gold they never did those IronButt rides on secondary roads and no interstates. I do know what you mean Chris, but the IronButt and this "challenge" are not the same. IronButt rides have real rules and regulations and they all don't ride aircooled v-twins.
They do ride a lot of super slab, but to win it, you have to get the bonus points and those are off the beaten path. And IBR riders are not given a route, they have to map them out themselves.

I'm just saying that the time and average speed of the two "winners" is very possible, even likely.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:56 PM
IMSuzyQ
6th Gear

Hi, sorry to butt in, since I am not a rider. (Hmm, after watching this race, wonder how long that'll last?) Found your thread while researching Hoka Hey. -- Just wanted to say I appreciated what "Just Dave" had to say about Cowboy, and to the rest of you that were following him on the tracker. He's my cousin, and a true grit cowboy, raised by a cowboy, who was raised by a cowboy. Regret to say, he had an accident and is now in a hospital in BC, Canada. Broken collarbone, rib, and messed up tendon in knee. Wheelchair for 6 weeks. His early request was, of course, to get back on the bike and finish the ride. If all goes right, he will be in Homer at the celebration. He met some of the Florida riders in Key West at the start. If you're there, be sure to shake his hand. He's a great fella and we're proud of him!

Old 06-28-2010, 04:58 PM
kimbo
Outstanding HDF Member

Showing a lot of different tracks through Canada. Any update on Cowboy, hasn't showed up for two days. Go Masterblaster!!

Old 06-28-2010, 05:09 PM
sofadog
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

KImbo, you must have been typing your question while suzyQ was posting hers.
Hope Cowboy recovers quickly and is able to ride across the finish line.

Originally Posted by IMSuzyQ
Hi, sorry to butt in, since I am not a rider. (Hmm, after watching this race, wonder how long that'll last?) Found your thread while researching Hoka Hey. -- Just wanted to say I appreciated what "Just Dave" had to say about Cowboy, and to the rest of you that were following him on the tracker. He's my cousin, and a true grit cowboy, raised by a cowboy, who was raised by a cowboy. Regret to say, he had an accident and is now in a hospital in BC, Canada. Broken collarbone, rib, and messed up tendon in knee. Wheelchair for 6 weeks. His early request was, of course, to get back on the bike and finish the ride. If all goes right, he will be in Homer at the celebration. He met some of the Florida riders in Key West at the start. If you're there, be sure to shake his hand. He's a great fella and we're proud of him!

Last edited by sofadog; 06-28-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:18 PM
cajunfla
Tourer

Just had SPOT up and running on MB and Bubba. Suddenly, at the 6:14 time mark, Bubba appears to be WAAAY off the road after stopping for about 40 minutes or so.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:22 PM
sofadog
Road Master

Originally Posted by cajunfla
Just had SPOT up and running on MB and Bubba. Suddenly, at the 6:14 time mark, Bubba appears to be WAAAY off the road after stopping for about 40 minutes or so.
Hmmm, Grizzly bear grabbed it and is running off into the woods with it. Looks like they stopped at a pullover area.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:27 PM
sofadog
Road Master

Now he has run back to the bikes, potty break?

Old 06-28-2010, 05:27 PM
cajunfla
Tourer

OK back at pullover area. Musta had to pee.

Quick Reply: My Little Ride to Alaska