"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

My Little Ride to Alaska

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 08:44 PM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ON A SPORTY! If you gotta ride a Sporster make it a nice one.

We ain't never gonna live this down. Chris is about 180 miles ahead of the guy I have the furtherest along.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:08 PM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeff_Fla
I meant nothing disparaging toward Jerry's riding ability and I don't know how you inferred I said MB was behind anybody. I simply compared the time stamp from Jerry's latest update and the time stamp when Carlos was in Batesville to conclude they were in proximity to each other. As we only have the ability to track 4 of 500+ challengers that have been on the rode for 3 days it is impossible to determine who is ahead of who.
I think you misunderstood my post. I never thought that you said anything disparaging towards MB. I read (probably a different post) that he "seemed to be about 4 hours behind and maybe something happened"... or something to that affect. Never meant, or thought you said anything negative.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:43 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

I would assume they are timing everyone separately from when they left the starting line. If that is the case Jerry could be in the lead for all we know. If they kept everyone on the same time even though some left later than others then that is a bs way to do it in my opinion.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:55 PM
2 Beers
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I think my friend Jack (in New Mexico now) and Spot-Chris are the furthest along I know of. Jack is having bike problems ... codes coming up and trying to determine if it's safe to ride.

11hrs ago, MB was in Batesville, AR, so hope he's much further along by now as he did a nice job of catching up some yesterday. Go MB!!!

Man, I think Chris KR Sportster is in WY! OMG! http://twowheeladventures.com/blog/archives/94

2Beers

Last edited by 2 Beers; 06-22-2010 at 11:02 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:04 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 Beers
Well, I think my friend Jack (in New Mexico now) and Spot-Chris are the furthest along I know of. Jack is having bike problems ... codes coming up and trying to determine if it's safe to ride.

11hrs ago, MB was in Batesville, AR, so hope he's much further along by now as he did a nice job of catching up some yesterday. Go MB!!!

Man, I think Chris KR Sportster is in WY! OMG! http://twowheeladventures.com/blog/archives/94

2Beers
Chris is in New Mexico, I dont see how anybody could have made it ti Wy. yet. Not enough hours have gone by yet.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:05 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by 1of2
I would assume they are timing everyone separately from when they left the starting line. If that is the case Jerry could be in the lead for all we know. If they kept everyone on the same time even though some left later than others then that is a bs way to do it in my opinion.
They did time them individually at the start from what I read yesterday.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:10 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by frydaddy96
I don't think there is a lot to finance from some post I've read on facebook. It looks a lot like the nay-sayers predictions are close to the truth. No tracking chips for the bikes or riders, they have to keep all gas receipts. No reality TV crew. No website updates. They did not line up in any order other than when the riders decided to bring their bikes to the line.

Apparently the guy that came up with this, told them at the meeting that he lied to them and then was very rude to questions dealing with lining up and other rules. It'll be interesting to see how this develops.

Good luck and safe travel to all the riders that are still in it.
I am kinda skeptical that he told them he Lied To Them at the meeting because I am sure a lot of people would have walked out and dude would probably not be able to see from the swelling in his eyes. Rumors are evil things.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:51 AM
1of2
"Moderator"

C'mon Jerry, UPDATE!!!!!

Old 06-23-2010, 09:05 AM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1of2
C'mon Jerry, UPDATE!!!!!
Seriously !!! It's nearly 24 hours old.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:45 AM
1of2
"Moderator"

I hope he is making good time. Chris is almost to Arizona.

Quick Reply: My Little Ride to Alaska