"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Any Sarasota riders up in here?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 02:27 PM
J-Train
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Sarasota riders up in here?

Just wondering. My grandparents live is Sarasota and I gotta say I love the city, the weather, just everything about it. I'm yet to ride when I go down there to visit, but maybe next time Ill go to Rossiters and see if I can rent out a bike or something. Besides Siesta and all the other beautiful beaches down there, any good places to ride/visit on a scoot?

Old 04-22-2010, 03:51 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

there are a handfull of us in this area. sarasota area is a nice place, but due to the traffic there not to much to see. go east a bit and there is nothing but straight open roads. lots of farms.
if your here post up and we can get a ride together

Old 04-22-2010, 07:51 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I live in the next town up, Bradenton and there are lots of good rides around Sarasota/Bradenton. I don’t know what Bulldog is talking about there not being to much to see, but then he is an hour and a half north of here. The Islands are all great riding and 41 north of Bradenton is an excellent ride with lots of cool places to stop. South is some great rides down towards Engelwood with some good curvy roads that follow the waterways. Lots of good watering holes that cater to bikers, I would say 30 in a 50 mile radius. Out east is good for stretching out for a good cruise that have stops about every 50 to 60 miles apart that make for a great way to kill a Sunday afternoon, A little flat and boring but still some good spots if you know where to go. Traffic is moderate in the area compared to The Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater area which is a real mess, Sarasota has its area’s but they are easily avoided with a little bit of local knowledge. Keep us posted and I will be happy to show you around and how to easily avoid the headache area’s and enjoy the ride instead.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:48 AM
Araba Shriner
Road Master

Riding is descent down this way... Out to Englewood, Venice, East to lake O or south to Marco, Everglades City. Hit us up anytime and we will show you around - might even find a dirt road or two

Last edited by Araba Shriner; 04-23-2010 at 05:52 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:55 AM
J-Train
Cruiser

I was checking out Myaka state park also as a nice place to ride once I get down there again. Despite me living in the Northeast I frequent the Florida Crew Thread a lot, call it me living vicariously through the Florida Crew members. I'm jealous as **** of each and everyone of you for being able to basically ride year round. Any good bars and or biker bars in the Sarasota and surrounding areas?

Old 04-23-2010, 11:01 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I thought I covered the bar question, maybe me calling them watering holes confused you. Yes, there are lots of biker friendly bars in the area. Are you asking for names and addresses? Or would a Guided personalized tour be acceptable. I can get you a list together or I will be happy to show em' to you if that is preferable. Let me know when you get closer to coming down and we can organize a Fla. crew ride and provide you with a welcome you will not soon forget Florida Crew style!

Last edited by Just Dave; 04-23-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:14 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Just Dave
I thought I covered the bar question, maybe me calling them watering holes confused you. Yes, there are lots of biker friendly bars in the area. Are you asking for names and addresses? Or would a Guided personalized tour be acceptable. I can get you a list together or I will be happy to show em' to you if that is preferable. Let me know when you get closer to coming down and we can organize a Fla. crew ride and provide you with a welcome you will not soon forget Florida Crew style!
a guided waterin hole idea sounds like what the doctor ordered

Old 04-23-2010, 05:19 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

i guess what i was thinking is IN the city driving, as you know it sucks up here. there are great roads along the water there.
I live in the next town up, Bradenton and there are lots of good rides around Sarasota/Bradenton. I don’t know what Bulldog is talking about there not being to much to see, but then he is an hour and a half north of here. The Islands are all great riding and 41 north of Bradenton is an excellent ride with lots of cool places to stop. South is some great rides down towards Engelwood with some good curvy roads that follow the waterways. Lots of good watering holes that cater to bikers, I would say 30 in a 50 mile radius. Out east is good for stretching out for a good cruise that have stops about every 50 to 60 miles apart that make for a great way to kill a Sunday afternoon, A little flat and boring but still some good spots if you know where to go. Traffic is moderate in the area compared to The Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater area which is a real mess, Sarasota has its area’s but they are easily avoided with a little bit of local knowledge. Keep us posted and I will be happy to show you around and how to easily avoid the headache area’s and enjoy the ride instead.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:11 PM
50magnum
Intermediate

Originally Posted by J-Train
I was checking out Myaka state park also as a nice place to ride once I get down there again. Despite me living in the Northeast I frequent the Florida Crew Thread a lot, call it me living vicariously through the Florida Crew members. I'm jealous as **** of each and everyone of you for being able to basically ride year round. Any good bars and or biker bars in the Sarasota and surrounding areas?

I would say that dave gave you excellent info. I have not met anybody yet from the Fl crew but that is because I have so much going on and I can't yet just ride like I was a few weeks ago. Myakka park is an ok ride and it is pure wild Florida that is pristine

Old 04-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

To what Dave posted. If you get up with Dave and get to ride out east don't miss Herb's Limestone Country Club.

http://www.herbslimestonecountryclub.com/

Quick Reply: Any Sarasota riders up in here?