"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Smart Security System. Boo Hiss......

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 06:58 PM
yepuhuh
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smart Security System. Boo Hiss......

Hey guys I had a beautiful ride from jax to Ocala and back on saturday , just under 1000 miles on the new scoot. So I go out and wash the ole gal and wipe her down , getting her all purty and when I got ready to put her back in the garage.......Nothing.

Turned the switch to ignition and pressed the run button with my FOB in my pocket and nada,.

The security light was bearly flashing more like a fast flicker and the only onther lights wre on was the neutral light and oil light.

Well Adamec here in jax is picking her up to see what the problem is. I told the service guy to take the so called smart security system off my bike. If someone were to steal it is covered under insurance cost replacement.

Also my clutch needs adjusting again, is that normal?

I changed the primary and transmission oils last thursday before I rode saturday with Belray oil.

Any advice on the so call Smart security system. The dealer thinks maybe the ecm got buggered up or something.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:10 PM
Phlip96
Outstanding HDF Member

I often wonder with all this new technology that makes things 'easier' often makes things more difficult in the long run.
my only concern for you is if you had a discount on your scoot cuz ya had a security system and may lose it. Still probably not going to affect the premium much anyhow. Or just don;t volunteer the information

Old 03-30-2010, 08:50 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Battery connections is always my first "go to".......
but if they have already picked it up, they can put anything down as a repair and all they did was
tighten a 10mm bolt on the battery. Who knows?
As far as your clutch....new cables stretch a little bit. Shouldn't have to do it again.....
until 10K miles (or is it 5K)

chuck

Last edited by themensh; 03-30-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:42 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by yepuhuh
Hey guys I had a beautiful ride from jax to Ocala and back on saturday , just under 1000 miles on the new scoot. So I go out and wash the ole gal and wipe her down , getting her all purty and when I got ready to put her back in the garage.......Nothing.

Turned the switch to ignition and pressed the run button with my FOB in my pocket and nada,.

The security light was bearly flashing more like a fast flicker and the only onther lights wre on was the neutral light and oil light.

Well Adamec here in jax is picking her up to see what the problem is. I told the service guy to take the so called smart security system off my bike. If someone were to steal it is covered under insurance cost replacement.

Also my clutch needs adjusting again, is that normal?

I changed the primary and transmission oils last thursday before I rode saturday with Belray oil.

Any advice on the so call Smart security system. The dealer thinks maybe the ecm got buggered up or something.
My neighbors 07 ultra did that and it turned out to be the Wiring to the security system was letting moisture into the module, Factory defective was all his was, as far as the clutch goes, I usually have to adjust mine about every 3k. Good luck with the scooter repair.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:55 AM
Trikerjon
Cruiser

If you are interested in selling the security system , let me know. I`m looking for one for my 08 Road Glide.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:38 AM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

your best advise i can give you already gave yourself. remove the dang thing. i never use mine at all just for that reason

Old 04-01-2010, 08:51 PM
yepuhuh
Tourer

You'll never believe what it was?

The battery had a direct short in it. They put a new battery in the bike and reprogrammed the pin for me and adjusted cluthc.

All is all right now...

Old 04-04-2010, 05:55 PM
mikeshog
Cruiser

About 9 months ago my bike wouldn't start--lights worker but nothing else. The battery was dead in the key fob. Learned a valuable lesson---change the battery every new year day. love the extra security when Im in a new place. I'd keep it but since

it wasn't the system that was the problem.

mike

Old 04-10-2010, 09:01 AM
50magnum
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mikeshog
About 9 months ago my bike wouldn't start--lights worker but nothing else. The battery was dead in the key fob. Learned a valuable lesson---change the battery every new year day. love the extra security when Im in a new place. I'd keep it but since

it wasn't the system that was the problem.

mike
Yes, as I found out also w/ my sporty at my beach hangout. I also carry 1 2032 fob battery at least, in my wallet.

Old 10-03-2010, 02:30 PM
lhenely
Stage I

2007 Road Glide with Smart Security, Moved my handlebars back and when I went to start the bike nothing I have lights so I changed the battery on my fob still nothing battery is good but there are no turn signals and the key symbole is red on the dash. Anyone with a answer to this? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Smart Security System. Boo Hiss......