"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Let's see if wheel & tire coverage works

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 07:09 PM
SMSgt B
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Let's see if wheel & tire coverage works

I guess on my Saturday ride I ended getting a nail in the rear tire. I am running a Dunlop E3 160/80B16 so I call my local HD and let them know the situation. The W/T warranty I have is I pay for it upfront and get reimbursed for it. Problem is the E3 in my size is not available through the dealer so they suggested I get with the warranty company to see if they will reimburse me for the tire if I buy it and pay for HD to install it. Jake Wilson has it for only $149.99 so saving the company about $100.

Well let you know how this turns out

Old 03-24-2010, 07:38 PM
FLAHOG
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up a screw in the rear tire on my Ultra, called the dealer. They said no problem bring it in. Took it in got replaced and didn't cost me anything up front. They sent claim in for the replacement. Some of the indy's can do the warranty work to. Unless you have a different warranty than what I got with my Ultra you should have not to pay up front and wait to get reimbursed. They proably don't want to have to file the paper work and wait for thier money.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:38 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

not to familiar with tires sizes, is that not a normal size? why do they not carry it. if they are just out of stock they should get one.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:41 PM
NavyCharles24
Cruiser
Location: Longwood, Florida, Seminole County, United States of America

Originally Posted by SMSgt B
I guess on my Saturday ride I ended getting a nail in the rear tire. I am running a Dunlop E3 160/80B16 so I call my local HD and let them know the situation. The W/T warranty I have is I pay for it upfront and get reimbursed for it. Problem is the E3 in my size is not available through the dealer so they suggested I get with the warranty company to see if they will reimburse me for the tire if I buy it and pay for HD to install it. Jake Wilson has it for only $149.99 so saving the company about $100.

Well let you know how this turns out
Dude; that paint scheme is sick! I look forward to catching you on the roads one
day and seeing it in person. NICE!

Old 03-24-2010, 07:59 PM
Phlip96
Outstanding HDF Member

This upsets me terribly! I most certainly hope you all have success with it and my anger is not geared toward you at all but my to my local stealer.

I had a defective tire that wound up tearing some reinforcements and caused a bubble. I went to the dealer to replace their stock tire 'they' installed and was told they would not cover it. I couldn't get an inch passed a NO from them.

I had a warranty but never heard of this tire warranty, I always purchase them on my cars. Turns out this was the 3rd strike on using my warranty and recieved a full refund for my warranty and that was the last time i put any money into the service dept. Very disturbing. I suppose i could give petersons a try before i swear em all off, but for now I use my Indy when I turn her over.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:31 PM
SMSgt B
Road Master

Originally Posted by FLAHOG
I picked up a screw in the rear tire on my Ultra, called the dealer. They said no problem bring it in. Took it in got replaced and didn't cost me anything up front. They sent claim in for the replacement. Some of the indy's can do the warranty work to. Unless you have a different warranty than what I got with my Ultra you should have not to pay up front and wait to get reimbursed. They proably don't want to have to file the paper work and wait for thier money.
This is normally true but I am running a tire size they normally don't put on. The good news is I just found the size and part number myself from drag specialties which the dealer couldn't find. Now they can order it. I still have to pay for it up front and get reimbursed. Reason is there are 2 different plans and I got the "reimbursement" plan. The dealer did say I should get my $$$ within about 8 days.

Originally Posted by bulldogmoe7
not to familiar with tires sizes, is that not a normal size? why do they not carry it. if they are just out of stock they should get one.
The size I am running is just a little wider than the normal tire ... still fits though, barely

Originally Posted by NavyCharles24
Dude; that paint scheme is sick! I look forward to catching you on the roads one
day and seeing it in person. NICE!
NC, thanks for the comment. This was a 2008 HD paint scheme called "Up draft" ... #6 of 200

Originally Posted by Phlip96
This upsets me terribly! I most certainly hope you all have success with it and my anger is not geared toward you at all but my to my local stealer.

I had a defective tire that wound up tearing some reinforcements and caused a bubble. I went to the dealer to replace their stock tire 'they' installed and was told they would not cover it. I couldn't get an inch passed a NO from them.

I had a warranty but never heard of this tire warranty, I always purchase them on my cars. Turns out this was the 3rd strike on using my warranty and recieved a full refund for my warranty and that was the last time i put any money into the service dept. Very disturbing. I suppose i could give petersons a try before i swear em all off, but for now I use my Indy when I turn her over.
Sorry to hear that and the W/T coverage is about the only thing worth it. If I remember correctly, it covers whatever wheel you put on...better read the fine print though

Old 03-31-2010, 07:15 PM
SMSgt B
Road Master

Well got the tire replaced today and had to pay for it upfront but the insurance company will be sending me a check for the amount. Let's see how long it takes to get my $$$ back. Before you purchase W/T coverage, ask if they pay the dealer direct or they reimburse you with a check.

Also got them filled with Nitrogen for and extra $34.95. It also comes with road side assistance and other goodies.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:37 PM
OldSalt
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the Nitrogen tire fill worth it?
I should be getting my bike on Friday, and I was contemplating having them fill the tires with it before I take it from them.
I also purchased a 5-year repair warranty with tire/wheel coverage when I ordered it from ENCS back in October.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:49 PM
SMSgt B
Road Master

Originally Posted by bhidalgo
I should be getting my bike on Friday, and I was contemplating having them fill the tires with it before I take it from them.
I also purchased a 5-year repair warranty with tire/wheel coverage when I ordered it from ENCS back in October.
For the little money you get:

24-hour Towing Benefit
As a member of our Roadside Assistance Program, you will not be required to pay any additional fees when your service is for a tow of up to 15 miles or other covered service that does not exceed the benefit limit of $100.00 per occurrence. 2. Your membership continues for a period of 12 months from the date of NitroFill purchase and registration. 3. This is not a vehicle liability insurance contract. 4. This is not a vehicle physical damage insurance contract. 5. Service obtained from any other source other than a properly licensed and insured roadside assistance provider is not covered and is not reimbursable. 6. 24-Hour Roadside Assistance: You will be given an 800 number for your 24-hour emergency roadside benefits. IMPORTANT: Please be with your vehicle when the service provider arrives, as they cannot service an unattended vehicle. a. Towing- Provided for up to 15 miles at no charge to member. Additional mileage is the responsibility of the member and will be negotiated prior to sending out service (extrication is included - 1 truck 1/2 hour).

Delivery Of Necessary Fluids
Including gasoline, water, oil, or any supplies necessary to send a member's vehicle on its way (member responsible for actual cost of fluid or supplies requested).

24-hour Flat Tire Change
Includes changing a flat tire with your good spare.

24-hour Jump-start
Includes tightening or cleaning of cables, jump-starts, minor adjustments to alternator etc.

24-hour Lock Out Service
If you are accidentally locked out of your vehicle, we will help you gain entry to your locked vehicle.

Emergency Tire Repair/ Emergency Tire Replacement
In addition to free roadside assistance service, members are entitled to $200 tire repair/replacement reimbursement. This agreement is between the Agreement Holder (YOU) and Nation Safe Drivers (We/Us). It provides reimbursement for tire repair/replacement up to $200 if the tire becomes Unserviceable due to a Road Hazard covered under this limited Agreement. Unserviceable means that the tire has been punctured or otherwise damaged to the extent that it is unsafe. Tire damage that is cosmetic in nature and that does not render the tire Unserviceable is specifically excluded. In the event that your tire is not repairable, we will reimburse for the cost of a new tire (up to $200). A Road Hazard is a condition on a public roadway which should not exist there, such as potholes, nails, glass, or other road debris. Coverage is limited to a total payout of $200 only during the twelve (12) month coverage period. Motorcycle tires must have a minimum of 4/32" tread remaining to qualify for coverage and coverage on motorcycle tires is limited to a total payout of $50 per registered motorcycle during the twelve (12) month coverage period. For claim reimbursements call 888-684-9327 M-F 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM EST.

Emergency Travel Expense
If your covered vehicle is disabled by collision more than 150 miles from your residence, as a member you may qualify for up to $300 in emergency trip expense reimbursement (maximum of $100 a day for up to 3 days (72 hours). In the event of a collision or accident with another vehicle or object (reported in writing to state or local police), while your covered vehicle was being operated by you or a covered family member, and which occurs more than 150 miles away from your residence and results in an accidental disablement of your covered vehicle, you may be reimbursed for one or more of the expenses listed below if incurred within 3 days (72 hours) following the accident. NOTE: Mechanical failure of your covered vehicles is not covered by this benefit. 1. Commercial transportation (by common carrier licensed to carry passengers for hire) to your residence or destination and return to pick up your disabled vehicle after repair. 2. Local commercial lodging and meals (incurred in the vicinity where the collision occurred). 3. Rental of a replacement automobile obtained from any bona-fide car rental agency. For reimbursement of expenses listed in this section, you must submit a claim to Nation Safe Drivers (888-684-9327), within 21 days of the accident disablement, which includes your name, membership number, mailing address and a bona-fide copy of the filed accident report. You must also include paid receipts validated by the companies providing you service.

Theft/ Hit And Run Protection
A $500 reward is offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of anyone responsible for hit & run damages or stealing your vehicle. Family members are not eligible for this reward.

Free Trip Routing
We will produce 4 color wire bound trip routings for your road trips. Your personalized trip routing will give you turn by turn driving directions, enhanced mapping for metropolitan areas, points of interest and fun games for the kids. To access your trip routing benefit please contact us at 866-294-0934 M-F between 9 AM and 4:30 PM est. Please allow 2 weeks for US Mail delivery of your routing. Email and fax delivery do not require more than 5 business days notice.

Discount Travel Benefit
Receive unbeatable travel pricing on hotels, airfare, and rental cars online at www.preferredmembers.com. You can also receive hotel discounts by calling toll free 1-800-916-1439

Provider Network
Roadside benefits are administered by Nation Motor Club, Inc. d/b/a Nation Safe Drivers, 800 Yamato Rd. Ste 100, Boca Raton, FL 33431, except in California where roadside benefits only are administered by Signature Nationwide Auto Club, Inc. Service providers own and operate their equipment. Neither Nation Motor Club, Inc., d/b/a Nation Safe Drivers, their partners and/or affiliates are responsible for their acts and omissions.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:15 PM
dedjr67
Road Master

Originally Posted by bhidalgo
About Nitrogen I work as a tech in a tire shop and from my observation nitrogen is not worth the cost, in a race car doing 150 plus mph yes the thermal expansion difference is noticable but for everyday vehicles not really worth it remember air is free.

Quick Reply: Let's see if wheel & tire coverage works