"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Gettin' Closer

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 08:22 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Bill my dealer would not tell me when my bike would be there when I ordered it either, I think its because they dont want you bugging them everyday like I did anyway hehe.

Glasses, yes get some, I buy them by the dozen, Uvex bandit from teh net, $5 each, I also buy extra lenses, yellow, good for night riding and shooting. Ya dont need them for teh ride home but its a good idea, you will be riding in rain alot, unless ya ride with the Sick pup, so get some glasses, I think its required if ya flip up your modular anyway, the windsheild on teh bike does not count legally. I have been hit in the glasses quite a bit on my RKC and Ultra, I ride with a half or no helmet.

I would wait 1 month after you get your bike before spending any money on P/A, get a plan on what you want to do then let the spending begin. Also look to the net and here on this forum for good deals.

I know this is easy for me to say but relax, you will be putting miles on before ya know it. I got a feeling you will be like Steve (SoFla) puttin 5k a month on the bike hehe.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:12 AM
OldSalt
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Jerry. I just figured (incorrectly) that with all the technology availabe nowdays that the dealer could track it. I'll survive - maybe.
Thanks for the glasses advice. I just didn't wanna go out and get any just for the sake of getting them. Sounds like an Internet order is gonna happen soon.
As for the parts, all I'm doing at this point is getting add ons to help me get to and from work easlier. Gotta haul books, shoes. Etc to and from work (my teaching job) each day, so theabates are gonna get used alot. The crash bar is to help alleviate damage, and the windshield is cause It ws suggested I get it due to the highway riding I'll be doing alot of. Otherwise, the new Pipes, chrome, new seat, etc are gonna be awhile in coming.
Is it Christmas yet!!?
My wife is getting so tired of hearing me talk about this thing but she'll get over it eventually I guess.
Thanks for all the advice from all f you since I first go online with the Crew back in Octobet. I may sound like a 20 year old - but I really AM in my mid 40's. Bill.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:44 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Patience is a virtue Grasshopper…You will be cruising before you know it. Maybe the dealer was just having a bad moment when you happened by that day, I just know he is gonna act different the next time you see him. And I agree with Jerry about the glasses, go on and get you some, you need sunglasses in this Florida light anyway. I really like the Yellow lenses for night, really makes my night vision a whole lot better. We are all as anxious for you to get your scooter as you are. Good luck with the waiting.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:09 PM
kimbo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bhidalgo
My wife is getting so tired of hearing me talk about this thing but she'll get over it eventually I guess.
Bill.
Wrong, If they don't ride they never do, trust me from one that knows. I just got back about 7 hours riding with the Crew and I am hoping that I will be sleeping in the big bed tonight.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:14 PM
OldSalt
Road Captain

And I thought waiting to RETIRE was never gonna get here either. Dave, I just hate the waiting is all, I NEED to get out and ride before the bike gets here, but I got nothing to ride. Haven’t been on a bike since my class in November either. Looked at the glasses Jerry suggested, and will try to get some ordered this week.

Kimbo – Thanks. Maybe the couch won’t be TOO uncomfortable for you tonight.
As for my Wife, she's been in California for over a month, and likely won’t be back until around this time next month. By the time she gets back from taking care of her folks out there, I'll have had the bike a few weeks already. And will hopefully be getting comfortable with it by them. She's more concerned for my safety than anything else, due to the friend we had that was killed in December of '07. And since up until Thursday last week I had never owned a bike. She has indicated a desire to ride with me, but will NEVER ride solo on one of them. I told her that US riding together will happen eventually, but that she's GONNA have to wait until I get used to the bike. Besides, I went and bought her a Textile HD riding jacket a few weeks ago she had seen back in November. It was on clearance anyway. We’ve been married over 24 years, and even with all my Navy Deployments over the years, I think this endeavor of mine has her more concerned than all those deployments put together. Bill.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:40 PM
OldSalt
Road Captain

Bike was "released" by HD today, and is being prepped for shipment to the Dealer from the Factory.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:24 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Two weeks max you will have your new bike, some suggestions before it gets here.

Pledge Furniture polish works

Buy only 100%cotton cleaning cloths, I buy Large packs of Gerber Diapers from Target

Change to synthetic oil after break in

Dont wash the bike too much, once per week is good enough

Ride the bike a bit before you buy loads of accessories, engine guard and bags excepted

Ride safe and never beyond your abilities no matter who you are riding with, they will wait for you at next stop.

Bike was "released" by HD today, and is being prepped for shipment to the Dealer from the Factory.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:11 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Wooo-Hooo ,We are getting there. I am so excited.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:23 AM
Big Vic
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool!

It won't be long now!!

Old 03-17-2010, 10:48 AM
OldSalt
Road Captain

Ordered my bags, crash guard, and windshield yesterday.
Got all HD - and spent just over $1k after they knocked 20% off.
They had a 2010 on the floor just like mine, ao I was able to see it all and size it in place before I spent any money.

Quick Reply: Gettin' Closer