"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Any FL Crew Wide Glide Fans Out There?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 02:27 PM
2 Beers
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any FL Crew Wide Glide Fans Out There?

"Rooty the Snortster" sadly is sitting down at Peterson's North H-D looking for a new owner as I exercised the trade-up program yesterday.

In his place, one of the most comfortable to ride and good lookin' bikes H-D puts out; A Dyna Wide Glide. Yep, the King has a new brother. Pics attached.

Too much money for a long list of accessories wanted, so pretty plain right now. I wanted to Stage-1 it with Vance and Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 Blacks, but $2,000 for the stealer to do it? C'mon! With them providing the warranty, it made the think about it, but being self-employed forced me to say NO.

So, will need some WG fans to help me figure out what to put on, where to save money buying them, and then I'll install them myself.

Hear Chicago H-D is still selling at 20% off w/ free shipping over the web. Yes/No? And/or, for $24 I can renew my PB HOG membership and get 10% off on H-D stuff. Saving a 1/5th or even a 1/10th is a lot ... especially when you do it yourself and save the labor, too.

The Stage-1 was $800 V&H Pipes, $500 H-D Tuner, $150 Air Cleaner, and $500 labor. With taxes, over $2G's. A good fleecing in this economy, especially.

2Beers
2MuchMulla
2Broke

Attached Thumbnails Any FL Crew Wide Glide Fans Out There?-2010-dyna-wide-glide-01.jpg   Any FL Crew Wide Glide Fans Out There?-2010-dyna-wide-glide-02.jpg  
Old 03-07-2010, 02:34 PM
2 Beers
Road Master
Default PS: Sportster Windshield w/ Bags Available

Oh yeah. The Skull foot pegs, heel rests, and shifter peg I bought for the Sportster, all fit the new DWG! So, puttin' them on today or tomorrow.

The Sportster Quick-Disconnect Windshield w/ 2 Leather Bags add-on (new $300, and $125 respectfully) are 1yr old and 1/2 price for anyone interested. Not doing me any good now.

2Beers

Old 03-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Big Vic
Club Member

I like it!

Old 03-07-2010, 06:26 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

I am a sucker for the sportster looks....and the wide glide, to me...has it.....but with a BIG TWIN!!!!
How can you go wrong?
Glad to hear of people getting a new bike! Good for you brother!

chuck the mensh

Old 03-07-2010, 06:55 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Congratulations Steve,

I love the Wide Glide! (Can't you tell?) To me the best looking bike HD makes.

Can't help ya on the accessories for that new one though. I have to keep riding my evo. Like Chuck said "Glad someone can buy a new bike" and it being a member of the Florida Crew is even better.

Last edited by MJ; 03-07-2010 at 07:28 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:26 PM
FLAHOG
Cruiser

I think Chicago does still give 20%. There is also another place in Libertyville, Il, Lake Shore H-D that was also offering 20% and free shipping. Plus with buying out of state you save the sales tax also, that could save a sizeable chunk of change also on big order. I thought that Harley gave you a free 1 year membership when you bought a new bike.
Congrats on the new bike nice color.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:06 PM
HDBRATT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Another WG brother...right no!! Congrads!!! I put the skull theme on mine and changed out the seat to a mustang seat. I had to go with a different luggage rack then I wanted but it look sharp. I also put some kuryakyn lights on too. Just start out slow before you know it you will have your bike just the way you want it!

Old 03-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HarleyTrish
Another WG brother...right no!! Congrads!!! I put the skull theme on mine and changed out the seat to a mustang seat. I had to go with a different luggage rack then I wanted but it look sharp. I also put some kuryakyn lights on too. Just start out slow before you know it you will have your bike just the way you want it!
I was told a long time and still find it to be true that you are always about 1K from having it just like you want it.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:48 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff_Fla
I was told a long time and still find it to be true that you are always about 1K from having it just like you want it.
1K....
either MILES or DOLLARS!

Old 03-07-2010, 09:12 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

Congrats Steve...hmmmmmmmmm...this means you'll have to ride more often with Crew now..miss ya bro, it's been way too long since we commiserated...

Quick Reply: Any FL Crew Wide Glide Fans Out There?