"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Any FL Crew Wide Glide Fans Out There?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 08:32 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by THROTTLEJUNKIEDAVE
Congrats Stevo !!

at first, i thought this was going to be about Mike, then i remembered he changed his name to Michael Jackson
I keep telling ya MJ stands for MoJo!!

Old 03-10-2010, 08:37 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by redman53
I keep telling ya MJ stands for MoJo!!
I think I like that Jim! Depends on your definition of MoJo!

Old 03-10-2010, 08:41 PM
HDRick
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jewels
I recently went from a Sportster to a Dyna Wide Glide, I love the ride, I have not put anything extra on it yet, not sure if I will, Am happy with it the way it is other then maybe a new seat, Congrats and enjoy your new ride.
Wish I had a nickel for every Harley owner who has said that and then dropped a thousand plus on upgrades on exhaust, engine and chrome. Not making fun, cause I have said the same thing. Your opinion will change, believe me.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:42 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

hehehehehe that was funny Dave. Just kidding Mike, I really like MJ.

Originally Posted by THROTTLEJUNKIEDAVE
Congrats Stevo !!

at first, i thought this was going to be about Mike, then i remembered he changed his name to Michael Jackson

Old 03-10-2010, 08:46 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

"Just call my name and I'll be there"

Old 03-10-2010, 09:16 PM
2 Beers
Road Master

Deep Breath!!!

I like it!
Nice lookin' bike there, BA!

I am a sucker for the sportster looks....and the wide glide, to me...has it.....but with a BIG TWIN!!!! How can you go wrong? Glad to hear of people getting a new bike! Good for you brother!
My thoughts exactly, Chuck. The lighter bike, bigger motor w/ 6-speed, bigger rear tire, and it's a pleasure! Needs dual disc front brakes, though.

Congratulations Steve, I love the Wide Glide! (Can't you tell?) To me the best looking bike HD makes.
Of course, I was thinking of that beautiful machine you cruise around when I titled this thread.

I think Chicago does still give 20%. There is also another place in Libertyville, Il, Lake Shore H-D that was also offering 20% and free shipping. Plus with buying out of state you save the sales tax also, that could save a sizeable chunk of change also on big order.
They do 20%, but a reduced ship charge vs free. Tax savings is a boon!

Another WG brother...right on!! Congrads!!! I put the skull theme on mine and changed out the seat to a mustang seat. I had to go with a different luggage rack then I wanted but it look sharp. I also put some kuryakyn lights on too. Just start out slow before you know it you will have your bike just the way you want it!
Thanks! You're bike looks great! Maybe even with Phil on it ... ridin' Biotch!

Congrats Steve...hmmmmmmmmm...this means you'll have to ride more often with Crew now..miss ya bro, it's been way too long since we commiserated...
It has been way too long! So glad to hear your back is better, and you're riding! NR.JR. Soon, Brother.

Congrats Stevo !! at first, i thought this was going to be about Mike, then i remembered he changed his name to Michael Jackson
Thanks, TJD ... and OUCH for Brother MJ!

Check out the Dyna forum. There's a couple of threads keeping track of what guys are doing to their 2010 Wide Glides. I ordered my V&H BSS from Eastern Performance, $500 with free shipping and no sales tax, dealer wanted $700 + tax. Congrats on the new WG.
Will do. Like the sound of that!!!

Congrats 2 Beers. Happy to see a brother boost the economy.
Well, I'm still loosing a little money each month, but paying for bikes and riding vs driving cars and trucks is cheaper (and FUNNER!). So, trying to keep my own economy afloat. This Sportster to Big Twin deal was the only way I could have done it right now.

i, too, love my 1998 fxdwg, but aren't you already a registered, card carrying, rules (we don't need no stinking rules) member of the 'Flordia' crew? better get some pics on the WG picture thread. And welcome to HARLEY HEAVEN. Pick up your wings and cream cheese on the left.
I B ReGistER'd, Alwrite! NR.JR. Poster Child B ME!

Welcome to the Dyna Chapter of the FL Crew They're some great ppl in the Dyna Forum.
2Beers, 2HDs, 2Clubs (King's and Dyna's ... a Full House!) If I find 2EasyMammas, I'll have 4-Pair ... 6-Pair if ya think about it another way! Hot Damn!!!

I am glad you traded it Steve, you always looked kinda strange on rootie. You gonna love that Wide Glide.
Bike 200lbs, Rider 300lbs. What's strange about that?!! You're getting better, and will soon be riding again ... that's all that matters right now. Call me when you get ready to "run down to the store real quick".

I recently went from a Sportster to a Dyna Wide Glide, I love the ride, I have not put anything extra on it yet, not sure if I will, Am happy with it the way it is other then maybe a new seat, Congrats and enjoy your new ride.
Thanks! It's way too quiet for me, but other than that, it's pretty darned good the way it is. A few bobbles, maybe...

I'll forgive you that blasphemous statement cause your Canadian...and yeah 2 Beers has been around a long time...he was a witness to "The Great FL Crew Wreck In Da Woods"
See! That's the deal. You mess with one of the FLA Crew, you mess with the whole trailer park. Thanks for takin' my back, SP. I owe you 2Beers!

Dam Steve,that is a deceptive title of this thread, it should read I just traded my sporty to a Dyna WG on the best deal Harley ever had. You will like this bike, I have the FXDC as a second (wifes) bike and I love the zippieness of teh big twin on a lightish bike, will do teh 106 upgrade as soon as I stop travelling, that should let me keep up with Charley this year in the hills. Parts CHD, LSHD. Aftermarket I go with shooter64, always treats me right catseyecustoms.com or just PM him or Girlfriday. ... Nice move, did the same with the wifes Nightster, the one that sone crashed into me on, heard the new owner crashed it week after he bought it, bad luck bike I guess.
I'm a deceptive person, MB. I can't believe the deal. I paid $10,700 for Rooty a year ago, and that was when Peterson's was giving a $1,000 gift card for buying any bike. Rode it all year, spent the $1G, and got $10,700 back towards the DWG that in my opinion, in H-D terms, is a good bang-for-the-buck machine. I almost feel smart! (I'm sure that will pass.) With a couple of bucks down, the DWG is the same monthly I had on the Sportster. Haven't figured out how I'm going to screw this up yet.

I need a nap now.

4Beers
4DeceptiveReasons

Old 03-10-2010, 09:19 PM
2 Beers
Road Master

Originally Posted by MJ
"Just call my name and I'll be there"
Ha!!! That there is funny right there!!! Ha, Again!

Where can we get one white leather glove? ...with sparklies on it...

2Beers

Old 03-11-2010, 08:33 AM
wilburz
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice bike!

Old 03-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Phlip96
Outstanding HDF Member

I never read this thread cuz, well. I didnt own a DWG, but do like their stretched out relaxed layout. But HELL! I wanna know how one is unemployed and gets a NEW Scoot! I'm goin on unemployment next week!

Grats 2Beers, have fun customizing it with the savings from wicca checks your getting. +1 on zanotti, gotta order up a few things to offset the high shipping rate that seems to stay the same whether 1 or 10 items.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:10 PM
2 Beers
Road Master

Originally Posted by Phlip96
I never read this thread cuz, well. I didnt own a DWG, but do like their stretched out relaxed layout. But HELL! I wanna know how one is unemployed and gets a NEW Scoot! I'm goin on unemployment next week!
Well, Phil, I wouldn't recommend unemployment. A tad less pay than one might think. But, I was fortunate enough to land a consulting gig shortly after my layoff, and they've been busy enough to keep me going since.

Thought it was over last month, but then some more work came ... so, week to week. But, couldn't pass up the Sporty-DWG trade as my payment is the same amount of $'s, after putting a little down with the trade. I figure this bike's worth a little more, so what I put down is sitting in equity.

I know you're j/k'g, but didn't want new readers to get the wrong idea. It's possible a new DWG could go up for sale any month now if the work runs out. Fingers crossed!

2Beers