"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

My father had a horrific accident.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 09:29 AM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My father had a horrific accident.....

Hey guys I wanted to share with you all a horrific accident that my retired father had last Thrusday. I know many of you have met him when he has come with us on several rides. On Thursday he was cutting some metal in his house (Dont know why) and with a circular saw it hooked on the metal and jumped up and he was trying to cover him self and it got his right hand (Throttle hand) unfortunetly he lost two fingers from where it bends and the third finger was damaged pretty badly and they were able to save that one for now after a six hour emergency operation. He had come by my office earlier that day and I spoke to him about some of the things he has been doing (He thinks he is twenty) even though he is 68 he rides hard all the time with my brothers, with me or whomever and we spoke about just relaxing and taking it a bit easier then not even 45 minutes later I get the histerical phone call from my mother. Please put my dad in your prayers he is out of commission for at least three to four months.

I know that I have not been here as much because of work and family but you all know that I am always here in spirit with all of you. I have made some great friendships in here and my dad even thou he is not computer literate he always asks me about you guys...

here are a couple of picts here is one from the Solomons Castle crew ride and then two of the damaged goods....

Thanks fellows.....cherish everyday like it's your last I could of lost my dad if the saw would had gotten his chest, neck or head...

Attached Thumbnails My father had a horrific accident.....-img00049-20090620-1316.jpg   My father had a horrific accident.....-img00099-20100211-1517-1-.jpg   My father had a horrific accident.....-img00100-20100212-0925-1-.jpg  
Old 02-15-2010, 10:42 AM
deanp1964
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to hear about your pops accident - glad to hear he wasn't hurt worse, but this is bad enough for sure. you all r in our thoughts n prayers in W. Texas bro

Old 02-15-2010, 10:48 AM
LadyHawk
Road Captain

Wow, sorry to hear this. I can only imagine how scarey to hear that phone call.
Glad that they were able to save a finger... but for some reason I can't see this slowing him down.

Hope he heals quickly!

Old 02-15-2010, 10:51 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Hey Al, sorry to hear this, seems lots of bad things lately. Might be because of the cold and not enough riding. Will pray he heals up good. BTW dont be so hard on your dad young man, dont you know 68 is the new 28. Keep us posted.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:21 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

Al I am really sorry to hear about this...your pops is probably the only other old guy that is as cool as me....I enjoyed our rides together..( he rides way better than his son...he he )....tell your Dad SP sends his best wishes and if I can be of help in anyway just holler....

Old 02-15-2010, 12:59 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deanp1964
sorry to hear about your pops accident - glad to hear he wasn't hurt worse, but this is bad enough for sure. you all r in our thoughts n prayers in W. Texas bro
tHANKS BROTHER mY BROTHERS, mY DAD AND i APPRECIATE IT....
Originally Posted by LadyHawk
Wow, sorry to hear this. I can only imagine how scarey to hear that phone call.
Glad that they were able to save a finger... but for some reason I can't see this slowing him down.

Hope he heals quickly!
Thank you very much, I had to haul *** to my parents house and picked up the two finger pieces and put then in a bag with ice and fly out to the hospital to see if they could be re attached but no luck...

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Hey Al, sorry to hear this, seems lots of bad things lately. Might be because of the cold and not enough riding. Will pray he heals up good. BTW dont be so hard on your dad young man, dont you know 68 is the new 28. Keep us posted.
I know Jerry.....but he needs to realize that his reflects are not the same as a 20 year old...I wont beat up on him anymore (verbally)
I appreciate it man thanks!!!

Originally Posted by redman53
Al I am really sorry to hear about this...your pops is probably the only other old guy that is as cool as me....I enjoyed our rides together..( he rides way better than his son...he he )....tell your Dad SP sends his best wishes and if I can be of help in anyway just holler....
He definetly can ride over 60 years of riding motorcycles....I appreciate it Jim thanks brother....

Old 02-15-2010, 04:27 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Tell your Dad to hang tough!

Old 02-15-2010, 05:17 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Oh man!!!

Sorry to hear that Al. I know the pain from when I mashed mine off. Doc tried to save it for 2 years and 7 operations before I told him to take it off.

You are only as old as you think you are. He thinks he is 20, let him be 20.

Old 02-15-2010, 05:35 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by big_al
Hey guys I wanted to share with you all a horrific accident that my retired father had last Thrusday. I know many of you have met him when he has come with us on several rides. On Thursday he was cutting some metal in his house (Dont know why) and with a circular saw it hooked on the metal and jumped up and he was trying to cover him self and it got his right hand (Throttle hand) unfortunetly he lost two fingers from where it bends and the third finger was damaged pretty badly and they were able to save that one for now after a six hour emergency operation. He had come by my office earlier that day and I spoke to him about some of the things he has been doing (He thinks he is twenty) even though he is 68 he rides hard all the time with my brothers, with me or whomever and we spoke about just relaxing and taking it a bit easier then not even 45 minutes later I get the histerical phone call from my mother. Please put my dad in your prayers he is out of commission for at least three to four months.

I know that I have not been here as much because of work and family but you all know that I am always here in spirit with all of you. I have made some great friendships in here and my dad even thou he is not computer literate he always asks me about you guys...

here are a couple of picts here is one from the Solomons Castle crew ride and then two of the damaged goods....

Thanks fellows.....cherish everyday like it's your last I could of lost my dad if the saw would had gotten his chest, neck or head...
The way he sounds...he may only need ONE finger anyhow. Hope he mends quickly (tell him to give up the violin lessons!)

chuck the mensh

Old 02-15-2010, 06:21 PM
flslowryder
Road Captain

Dang Al!!! Glad they were able to save the one finger, but OMG!!! Hope recovery is swift and without complication and positive thoughts and prayers headed your way.. Let me know if I can help..

Quick Reply: My father had a horrific accident.....