"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Scooter Insurance in Florida

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 03:24 PM
cajunfla
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scooter Insurance in Florida

Sorry folks, I know there is another forum just for insurance, but this applies strictly to Forida riders, so....

do any of you carry the "Uninsured / Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury" coverage?

Progressive quote of today is over $600 a year for that part only.

thanks
jeff

Old 01-25-2010, 03:40 PM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I pay about 250.00 or so for my insurance. I have no idea what I got on it, but I do know I passed on the medical part of it as I have a good plan thru work. I think I only have fire, theft, and collision on mine.

Old 01-25-2010, 03:43 PM
rlowride
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I have liability only... 99 year....
not near enough coverage....

Old 01-25-2010, 04:29 PM
Phlip96
Outstanding HDF Member

Hmm this is a good reminder for me (even though I'll forget in 10 mins) I gotta check on that part of it, the uninsured bit. I didn't carry it for a while on the cages and wouldn't ya know it...yeah. Won't skim on that anymore.

As for the medical SoFla, I remember hearing they wont use your medical ins for your healthcare if its MC related. BS i know, hopefully that got batted down.
Remember, believe only half of what you see and none of what you hear! (especially if it's from the CREW!

Old 01-25-2010, 05:00 PM
cajunfla
Tourer

Originally Posted by Phlip96
.....Remember, believe only half of what you see and none of what you hear! (especially if it's from the CREW!

and I thought I was supposed to believe only half of what I hear, and none of what my lying eyes see !!

thanks for the input on the insurance issue.

decisions, decisions, decisions

Old 01-26-2010, 06:33 AM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Phlip96
Hmm this is a good reminder for me (even though I'll forget in 10 mins) I gotta check on that part of it, the uninsured bit. I didn't carry it for a while on the cages and wouldn't ya know it...yeah. Won't skim on that anymore.

As for the medical SoFla, I remember hearing they wont use your medical ins for your healthcare if its MC related. BS i know, hopefully that got batted down.
Remember, believe only half of what you see and none of what you hear! (especially if it's from the CREW!
I have heard soemthing like that to. But I think they would have to. I do not owe on my bike, so I was told that I do not even need insurance in the state of Florida unless your bank requires it due to a loan. By the way I check on my cost.... 342.00 I was way off.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:00 AM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

That is true... on a bike only. It's concidered a recreation vehicle.

On topic... I've always understood, here in Florida, if you don't have insurance where mandated, you loose your liscense. That being said, I do not carry uninsured motorist coverage. I know it's risky with all the car thievin punks without a license, much less insurance, but that's where the *** kickin comes into play!

Old 01-26-2010, 08:14 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Having Allstate for everything ( except the home ) Uninsured Motorist was less than 100 a year for all Vehicles and Bikes.. 600 just for Uninsured alone is way out of line..

Old 01-26-2010, 08:18 AM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

dont flame me know, but i do not have any insurance on the bike at all. its not required. i do need it, just cant afford the extra expense.

oh and yeah i know just think of the expense if something happens to. that payment monthly will out way the bigger expense

Old 01-26-2010, 08:18 AM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member

What does uninsured motorist insurance cover? The way I looked at it, I have medical, all set there. I have fire, theft, and collision ... all there. I have dmage to other property... all set there. So what am I missing? I don't get it.

Quick Reply: Scooter Insurance in Florida