"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Moving to FL

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 01:19 PM
kgb44
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to FL

Whats up guys. I am from Jersey and will be moving to FL next week. I will not have any riding buddies down there. Would love to hook up with any of you guys for some riding. I will be living in the Delray Beach area. Look forward to meeting some of you guys.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:49 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Well, you are welcome to ride with us, great state here, dont help anyone screw it up. We tend to ride a lot, you will miss Italian food as well as Chinese food but it is here if ya look hard enough. Keep in mind we ride with city people country and folk and pretty much everything in between. A couple things we all have in common, we dont give a crap pretty much about anything, we ride a lot, the equilivalent of a run from Cape May to the Tappanzee bridge and back is a short ride. We dont like rules at all, motto is "No Rules Just ride". Good bunch of people in the crew you are welcome to jump in you will see what I mean. From Edison originally, feel free to ask any Q's ya have here, you will get an answer.

Keep an eye here once ya get settled in, just jump on a ride and introduce yourself. get settled quick hurricane and heat season right around the corner.

Last edited by masterblaster; 01-24-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:29 PM
kimbo
Outstanding HDF Member

Well put Masterblaster and welcome aboard kgb44. Watch for rides in this section. I'm about 15 miles north of you and would be happy to take you on your first ride around the lake. Shoot me a PM when you get settled in. Just be careful, I'm second generation native and before that the rest of um were all from the south. We've had a lot of transplants come down here and tell us how they do things better up north. So don't go there .

But hell, I do consider Masterblaster as one of the best to hang with, but then again he's a Yankee Redneck.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:20 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Welcome to Florida....please.....forget 'up North'....don't care about how the pay sucks here, and no trains to ride......parks suck......no ducks to feed. used to get this or that for free up North.......'
1. You are no longer UP NORTH.
2. Here you can ride year long.
3. No rules.
4. Up North sucks or else you would still be there.
5. BATA BOOM, BATA BING. Fa get about it.

chuck the mensh

Last edited by themensh; 01-24-2010 at 06:23 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-24-2010, 07:25 PM
Phlip96
Outstanding HDF Member

Although thats funny stuff, dont scare the guy away. Ahh screw it, if he cant take this heat he certainly couldnt hang with this crew! Masterblaste said it right and when he said theres a mix of all types of life here, that was a taste of it. We are a large crew with lots of differences and we all still have a bond with one another.
Lookin forward to meetin ya! The ol lady is from NJ and if she ever decides to ride again you guys can have a table to yourselves and talk about how NJ people have it.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:54 PM
kimbo
Outstanding HDF Member

Ken, Like Phil-Up said we don't want to scare you off, but on your first ride round the lake we can stop one of my favorites and chow down on some gator tail and frog legs and then head over to the other side of the lake to chow down with Wideglide on some swamp cabbage and possum.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:02 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by kimbo
Ken, Like Phil-Up said we don't want to scare you off, but on your first ride round the lake we can stop one of my favorites and chow down on some gator tail and frog legs and then head over to the other side of the lake to chow down with Wideglide on some swamp cabbage and possum.
Grits come with every breakfast. Eat then.....shut up (ask for seconds). You are IN!!!!

Old 01-24-2010, 10:00 PM
HDJaco
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by themensh
Grits come with every breakfast. Eat then.....shut up (ask for seconds). You are IN!!!!
Whats a grit???

Old 01-25-2010, 03:55 AM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a grit, but that aint the grits ya eat! Grits is ground hominy (type of corn, bleached white or common yellow). You'd prolly think they are like ferina or cream of wheat, like most yankees, but that's totally WRONG! Grits is grits, and we eat 'em at any time of day... Grits and eggs (most common), Fried Grits, Grits w/bacon grease (as gravy), Grits and Mullet Roe (fish eggs, but not caviar!), Grits and Pig Brains, Grits and Redeye Gravy...etc. Hell I even made chocolate grits once! The list is ever expanding, because Grits is a true southern staple! And NEVER forget... Grits is NEVER to be eaten with sugar, it is NOT a cereal! BTW, 'grits is' is proper southern english!

I think I'll have some Grits and Salmon for breakfast this mornin!

Last edited by CroK; 01-25-2010 at 04:05 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:52 AM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Don't forget desert...cheese grits!

Quick Reply: Moving to FL