"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

How many..

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010 | 10:10 AM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

ok you guys have given me the push to do this. looking at classes here and getting it all taken care of.
any tips,hints, ideas or sites to visit?

Old 01-20-2010 | 10:29 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

Yep and yep, dont always carry but I have a weapon for any situation short of a nuke war.

Thats my "just in cas kit".

Been to the range 4 times in last month, range availability sucks here in Fla, very suprising for this great state and such a pro gun state at that.

I reload and use to shoot competitivley, third in NJ back in 1990, pistol, 1911.

I just got my CC permit took 7 days, here is the thread. I only carried in select situations in the past but find myself carrying more and more since hanging with the crew. Hmmmm wonder what the psycology is behind this.

If your a vet, no classes required, just DD 214, BDM you might want to take the class though, they will teach you how to conceal things hehe.

BDM and anyone here in our great state, here is the thread on CC permit.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-g...in-1-week.html

Last edited by masterblaster; 01-20-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-20-2010 | 10:33 AM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by bulldogmoe7
ok you guys have given me the push to do this. looking at classes here and getting it all taken care of.
any tips,hints, ideas or sites to visit?
We will all sleep better at night knowing BDM has a weapon.

Old 01-20-2010 | 11:35 AM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Jeff_Fla
We will all sleep better at night knowing BDM has a weapon.
the way i flash who would want to come near me anyways?

Old 01-20-2010 | 11:49 AM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

the rules might have changed a bit since then. not to sure but i pulled up that site and did the questionaire it says
Based upon your answers, you may not qualify for the following reasons:

You answered No to question 4 - Do you have one of the forms of training documentation required under Section 790.06 (2)(h), which demonstrates competency with a firearm? More info
» You are not eligible for licensure unless you have one of the forms of training documentation required under Section 790.06 (12), which demonstrates competency with a firearm.

Old 01-20-2010 | 12:40 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by bulldogmoe7
the rules might have changed a bit since then. not to sure but i pulled up that site and did the questionaire it says
Based upon your answers, you may not qualify for the following reasons:

You answered No to question 4 - Do you have one of the forms of training documentation required under Section 790.06 (2)(h), which demonstrates competency with a firearm? More info
» You are not eligible for licensure unless you have one of the forms of training documentation required under Section 790.06 (12), which demonstrates competency with a firearm.
A copy of your DD214 covers that requirement, if you are a veteran.

Old 01-20-2010 | 12:46 PM
BlueDragon
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Like MB and SD stated.. if you've served in our Military, your DD214 (discharge papers) would be one such document. Otherwise you would have to take a Gun Safety Coarse.. like they have at the Fair Grounds during the gun show.. or some ranges and gun shops offer a coarse for, used to be anyway, about $25.

Last edited by BlueDragon; 01-20-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-20-2010 | 01:23 PM
1of2
"Moderator"

The outdoor range out here near daytona is $5 for all day. nice and cheap. It would be a good place for a GTG.

Old 01-20-2010 | 02:35 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by BlueDragon
Like MB and SD stated.. if you've served in our Military, your DD214 (discharge papers) would be one such document. Otherwise you would have to take a Gun Safety Coarse.. like they have at the Fair Grounds during the gun show.. or some ranges and gun shops offer a coarse for, used to be anyway, about $25.
gunna take one her in dunedin with a buddy of mine. it covers

This class is for the Level 1 firearms safety course which is 3 hours in duration including Range Time. The first 2 hours will be at the the ELKS and then 1 Hour at the range. Cost is 75.00 which includes your application, student books, passport photo, and notary. Also includes firearm rental and ammo. Please make sure you bring 15 rounds of ammo if you are bringing your own firearm. After completion of this class you will get your certificate to send in with your application packet for your CWP. ** Please Pre-Register and pay your deposit to confirm a seat. Click on the registration page. Remember you will still have your Range Fee to pay at the Range**

Old 01-20-2010 | 03:17 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

BDM

By all means take the course it is a good primer on the rules and regs.

I suggest you NOT submit the papers, go to the license office with the DD214, they will do everything electronically (prints application and photo) for you and you will get permit in 1 week. If you submit the paper work it will take you 6 months and you wont be able to get permitted electronically if you change your mind and try the license office.