"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

who's in jacksonville?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 10:51 PM
AMERBFR
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep... You ever been to the Bayard Rooster on Phillips Hwy... Just over the Buckman from ya... It's a fun ol skool kind of place... Saturdays and Sundays are the best...

http://thebayardrooster.com/

You can go all the way north on 9a to Main street and head north to yulee... Just as you get to Yulee there is another Ol Skool kind of place on the left at the base of the lil bridge called Renni's Redneck Yacht Club... It's always good for a cold one.

http://renisredneckyachtclub.com/ - Site under construction though

Old 01-16-2010, 04:52 AM
Big Pa
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, sad to say the majority of our members are down south. But we are gaining more pals up this way. I was going to mention the Rooster and Reni's. There is a place over on the west side near the corner of 103rd & Firestone. I can't remember the name of the place but I hear it can get pretty "sporty" at times. I live extreme northside toward Yulee. I work shiftwork so I'm working most every weekend. Buffalo's on wed. nights draws a good amount of folks. Live music, lots of eye candy. It's in the shopping center at Blanding & 295. Welcome to the crew.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:41 AM
rafael53
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, finally get some nice weather temp. wise here in Jacksonville and it's suppose to rain all day. Maybe it will clear by tonight. Got a 3 day weekend so still got Sunday and Monday.....suppose to be nice Sunday and Monday.

I keep my bike for the most at my girlfriend's down at Neptune Beach. We usually ride together plus I jus got a car port and she has a garage. Although she's just 3 blocks from the Ocean so there I deal with the salt in the air...no big deal so far though.

Anyhow thinking of hiking from there across the Ferry and up AIA one of those days. Maybe cut West through Palm Valley the next day just to see what we see.

Might clear up by tonight who knows. If it do we be out and abouts then. LOL, not much to see at night but we do love riding at night a lot as well.

Maybe see some of yous guys in our travels this weekend if our plans don't get changed....kids and grandkids have a habit of doing such things at times don't you know.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:24 PM
cajunfla
Tourer

Originally Posted by Big Pa
...There is a place over on the west side near the corner of 103rd & Firestone. . ..
Steel Pony, at 103rd and Jammes.

Old 01-17-2010, 05:19 AM
yep
Account Suspended

see I have never hear of any of these places ... I need to get out and check out my area more ... oh and the last time I tried to cross the buckman on my bike I got caught in stop and go traffic for an hour and nearly died cause of insane cagers ...

I'm sure most of you guys know I am a leather worker and that takes up a ton of my time so I dont get to ride as much as I would like ... anyway fun store for those of you who care .
I find a little time about a year ago when we first got transfered to NAS jax so that I could go ride and check out the town ... so I hop on the scoot and head down wells to adamac harley to check them out and then on down wells past the mall over to blanding . when i get to blanding I started out north into jacksonville and came to a dead stop in what is the worst rush hour traffic I have ever seen in my life (and take in mind I use to work in orlando so i was no stranger to city traffic) ... so there I sat in grid lock for 20 minutes when I pulled off the road and into a gas station to get a drink and sandwich . after a few minutes I finished my drink and sandwich and then pulled right back out behind the car I was behind when I got off the road ...
that was my last trip into jacksonville with my bike ...and I just havent been motivated enought to make a second ...

Old 01-17-2010, 06:54 AM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey, Yep,
You didn't even make it out of Orange Park!

Old 01-17-2010, 10:55 AM
yep
Account Suspended

I know its sad ... after that day I just made it a fact to head south from my house . lots of open roads and everything to ride out there anyway ... the traffic in this town is insane ... I have never been in grid lock at 12 noon on a wed. (till I moved here that is ) ...

Old 01-17-2010, 11:06 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

One reason I moved out of Tampa .. Was 11 miles from My Moms to my Sister unless after 11 PM or before 6 AM was usually an hour to get from one to the other..