"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Choosing a new bike

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 04:20 PM
dedjr67
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Choosing a new bike

After much thought while sitting on the side of the road waiting for the trailer to show up I came to a decision that it is time for a new bike so I am going to trade in my 07 suzuki for a 2010 Harley and rebuild the shovelhead for putting around town. I have narrowed my choices to two models the Heritage and the Road King.My question is, is the RK worth the extra money?

Old 12-20-2009, 04:27 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Stop dickin around and just go to the Ultra Limited and be done with it, Last bike you will buy if your over 30 years old. Was hopin to meet ya today. Had a 07 RKC, great bike but on the longer trips its good to have the extra storage. Can get good deals right now if you look also, heritage is a nice bike also Now that I was no help at all with this decision, I encourage you to not rule out a Sportster (am doing this before someone else does hehe). I would test ride all of the bikes before you buy one, the touring chassis is very stable compared to my 07 RKC, 09 Dyna and 07 Nightster.

Originally Posted by dedjr67
After much thought while sitting on the side of the road waiting for the trailer to show up I came to a decision that it is time for a new bike so I am going to trade in my 07 suzuki for a 2010 Harley and rebuild the shovelhead for putting around town. I have narrowed my choices to two models the Heritage and the Road King.My question is, is the RK worth the extra money?

Old 12-20-2009, 05:06 PM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dedjr67

Love my 2009 Road King Classic. Your can't go wrong. Though I do know that I will eventually go with the Ultra for the stereo and other extras.

Old 12-20-2009, 05:15 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

Being a Road King rider all I got to say is ROAD KING!!! ROAD KING!!! ROAD KING!!! ROAD KING!!! ROAD KING!!! ROAD KING!!! ROAD KING!!! ROAD KING!!! ROAD KING!!! ROAD KING!!! ROAD KING!!!ROAD KING!!! ROAD KING!!! ROAD KING!!!ROAD KING!!! ROAD KING!!!

Look around and pick up a Road King Police Model...103 C.I. motor is standard, with heavy duty electrical system, and lots of room....can't go wrong..

Old 12-20-2009, 05:24 PM
The Worm
Cruiser

Have had them both. Heritage verses Road King = ROAD KING!!!!!!
Sweet ride perfectly balanced you will love it.

Old 12-20-2009, 07:14 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by The Worm
Have had them both. Heritage verses Road King = ROAD KING!!!!!!
Sweet ride perfectly balanced you will love it.
Mike I knew there was some reason I liked you....

Old 12-20-2009, 10:02 PM
dedjr67
Road Master

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Stop dickin around and just go to the Ultra Limited and be done with it, Last bike you will buy if your over 30 years old. Was hopin to meet ya today. Had a 07 RKC, great bike but on the longer trips its good to have the extra storage. Can get good deals right now if you look also, heritage is a nice bike also Now that I was no help at all with this decision, I encourage you to not rule out a Sportster (am doing this before someone else does hehe). I would test ride all of the bikes before you buy one, the touring chassis is very stable compared to my 07 RKC, 09 Dyna and 07 Nightster.
Sportster is out I am over 6 foot tall and feel like a shriner on one, I have riddin the Heritage altho it was an older model and liked the ride. I do not like the looks of the Dynas, I have decided to go out looking for my best deal on a 2009 or 2010 Road King. Has anyone delt with Orlando Harley and if so how was your experience for sales? I do have a local dealer here in Palm Bay but I have heard that they will not budge on price and add a lot of extra charges to there bikes like crate return fees and other things to up the profit margin.

Last edited by dedjr67; 12-20-2009 at 10:05 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:13 PM
truckermike55
1st Gear

do the RK, I've had them all. I'd take RK anyday over HS, Then you will be a ultra boy if you still got your Shovel for around town. Good Luck

Old 12-21-2009, 08:08 AM
HDRick
Road Warrior

It's probably out of the question to get both, so if it is, then get the RK. Masterblaster is right about the Ultra Limited. Do it and don't look back. If you do you'll see all those jealous SMALL Harley riders.

Old 12-21-2009, 08:11 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Well a lot here are biased towards Touring Models myself as well .. But if truly like the Heritage Go for it .. I still Miss mine and would probably still have it had not been for the wifes knee surgery and can no longer ride her own .. One thing loved about the heritage if could could from Bagger Mode to Strip down mode in 5 mins ...

Quick Reply: Choosing a new bike