"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Riding in St. Pete sucks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 07:35 PM
kimbo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My OL is from Clearwater area, The Tampa, Clearwater, St. Pete area is the most poor planned traffic areas in the state. Highway 19 sucks.... Also rode over the Skyway on my first trip over with a 30 MPH northeast wind, you want to talk about a puckered up A-Hole....Glad I live in West Palm Beach, great Okee lake rides and easy reach for some up the coast rides like Indian River and further north.

Old 12-15-2009, 08:01 PM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't know how you guys do it. I've got a pretty long commute these days, and except for the critters, most of it is uneventful and I can do it in my sleep (and often do).

I see deer every morning and night on 98. Just missed one tonight, but he jumped and the truck coming the other way nailed it.

In the last month alone, I've seen hogs, otters, bobcats, a lone coyote and enough possums and half shelf possums to feed half of Louisiana.

If we could get a constitutional amendment banning air conditioning and skeeter control I'm pretty sure your road congestion would clear up in a summer or two.

Old 12-15-2009, 08:24 PM
kimbo
Outstanding HDF Member

If we could get a constitutional amendment banning air conditioning and skeeter control I'm pretty sure your road congestion would clear up in a summer or two. [/quote]l

Here, here, I remember growing up in Florida with no AC, Terrazzo floors and jalozzie windows and laying on the floor on Saturday night to watch Flipper on the black and white tube with no remote, and you know what, we were cool..

Old 12-15-2009, 08:26 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by kimbo
If we could get a constitutional amendment banning air conditioning and skeeter control I'm pretty sure your road congestion would clear up in a summer or two.
l

Here, here, I remember growing up in Florida with no AC, Terrazzo floors and jalozzie windows and laying on the floor on Saturday night to watch Flipper on the black and white tube with no remote, and you know what, we were cool..[/QUOTE]

Same here Kimbo! Too dang many people here now. You are still a cool dude.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:01 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,446 Likes on 2,596 Posts

Originally Posted by redman53
You want road rage, and crazy *** drivers..come to So Fla...lol..it'll make you yearn for St Pete....I refuse to get on I-95...and BDM..it takes you an hour to get to the country?...there's no country to get to down here...just crowded roads till you run into the swamp...just ask Master Blaster he'll tell you about Miami traffic ....
people like you sick puppie is the reason I don't come to south Fl.North Fl. is close enough for me.
G.

Last edited by back again; 12-15-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:20 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I used to live in Palm Harbor. I hated it there. It took me almost 1.5 hours to get to work. The same distance here would take me about 30 minutes. Too much traffic for me.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:50 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Riding in Miami has made me an expert in on road survival, I now have Spiderman reflexes.

You can get used to near death experiences if you do it enough. Its all in your perspective, just assume everyone is out to kill you and you should be fine.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:00 AM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by masterblaster
riding in miami has made me an expert in on road survival, i now have spiderman reflexes.

You can get used to near death experiences if you do it enough. Its all in your perspective, just assume everyone is out to kill you and you should be fine.
exactually!!

Old 12-16-2009, 06:02 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by back again
people like you sick puppie is the reason I don't come to south Fl.North Fl. is close enough for me.
G.
I don't know Gordon! The Sick Puppy is always good for a laugh!

His present image is really just a front. He really is just a little lost puppy crying for some affection. LOL.

So glad I live in Hooterville.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:32 PM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Riding in Miami has made me an expert in on road survival, I now have Spiderman reflexes.

So that was you who passed me like I was standing still...

Quick Reply: Riding in St. Pete sucks!!!