"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

East Bound and Down, Loaded up and Truckin'

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 03:26 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by bhidalgo
Off the top of my head:
All regular scheduled factory required maintenance and oil jobs.
Or you do it yourself for half the price and know its done right

Free set of tires (If needed).

Your tires will last 10 k (Edited because you bought a FatBoy first on your way to a Ultra touring bikes get 14 - 17k)

5 detailed wash jobs.

They should give you free wash with service anyway

And something else I can't remember right now.

You have OA (Old Age) disease

And it's renewable.
I think these plans are not worth it, but get other ideas heer. Also go to the Gen Section and post same, we tend to be cheap bastards and save our $ for gas, burgers, and beers. The Fatbob is noce but you have better than a 50% chance of trading to a tourer in the first 2 years. No offence Charley.

Last edited by masterblaster; 12-17-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:41 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Your tires will last14 - 17 k
That's about 7-8 months, riding with the Crew.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:02 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Off the top of my head:
All regular scheduled factory required maintenance and oil jobs. till when
Free set of tires (If needed). how many
5 detailed wash jobs.
And something else I can't remember right now.
And it's renewable.
i guess would need more details. also how good are you at wrenching?
\lot of that stuff can be done in the garage

Old 12-17-2009, 06:16 PM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

BTW went to the dealer today that is doing the delivery in April, and they are pushing me to sign up for their VIP Prepaid Maintenance plan - something like $1500. Any "constructive" opinions on that?

It wasn't Adamecs, was it? My experience with them has been a comedy of errors.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:50 PM
OldSalt
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bulldog:
Just talked to the Boss (Wife) and she remembers hearing it covers up to 20K maintenance interval.
2 sets of tires.

I'm not a mechanic, but I'm also not scared to use the few tools I have to tear something apart then put it back together - and have it still work. I used to tear down, repair, then rebuilt aircraft RADAR transmitters in my prior life.
From the cost estimates they were giving me for the different maintenance intervals, I've a gut feeling I'll become a mechanic really quickly to keep the bike up and running when it it comes to oil changes, etc. So long as I don't void my warranty.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:51 PM
HDRick
Road Warrior

Just my 2¢. Leave the $1500 in the bank. You will be doing most, if not all, your oil changes yourself. Can't imagine new tires before you trade that Fatboy for a touring model. Welcome Home!!!

Old 12-17-2009, 07:52 PM
OldSalt
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Thundermug
It wasn't Adamecs, was it? My experience with them has been a comedy of errors.
No, not them.
They were SUPPOSED to be the dealer doing my delivery, but I got the dealer here to do it instead.
Haven't heard a lot of really good stuff 'bout the dealer you quoted, especially from the people I got the bike thru.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:05 PM
OldSalt
Road Captain

Originally Posted by HDRick
Just my 2¢. Leave the $1500 in the bank. You will be doing most, if not all, your oil changes yourself. Can't imagine new tires before you trade that Fatboy for a touring model. Welcome Home!!!

Interesting how you Touring Modelers are telling me about the eventual upgrade I'll be doing.
Heard the same thing from the dealer who sold me the bike, that I'd be getting rid of the Sportster (which he was pushing me to buy) I had been looking at and upgrade to a Fat Bob or Fat Boy within a year as well.
IF I don't kill myself or destroy the Fat Bob, before I learn to ride it with any kind of efficiency, I'll think about a Classic upgrade. I've sat on the Fat Boy and a Touring models in the showrooms and right now they just seem too big to handle for me at this time. I'd go rent a DYNA for a day, but just don't have the $100+ to do it right now.
Hell the Fat Bob will probably kick my @SS anyway at first.

As for the Plan, I gotta weigh all the pros and cons on it. Since I currently know ZERO about bikes, it's all gonna be a learning experience either way for me right now. I do eventually want to do a lot of my own maintenance on it. I'm a cheap bastard also, and like to keep my money for beer, food, etc as well.

Thank you !

Old 12-17-2009, 08:06 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

sounds like a good deal. but i agree with rick keep the $1500 and save that for the down payment on the ultra LOL.
besides you will be dumping about half of the $1500 into parts also. gotta get new pipes, chrome, fuel mngt and chrome.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:08 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

Interesting how you Touring Modelers are telling me about the eventual upgrade I'll be doing.
Heard the same thing from the dealer who sold me the bike, that I'd be getting rid of the Sportster (which he was pushing me to buy) I had been looking at and upgrade to a Fat Bob or Fat Boy within a year as well.
IF I don't kill myself or destroy the Fat Bob, before I learn to ride it with any kind of efficiency, I'll think about a Classic upgrade. I've sat on the Fat Boy and a Touring models in the showrooms and right now they just seem too big to handle for me at this time. I'd go rent a DYNA for a day, but just don't have the $100+ to do it right now.
Hell the Fat Bob will probably kick my @SS anyway at first.

As for the Plan, I gotta weigh all the pros and cons on it. Since I currently know ZERO about bikes, it's all gonna be a learning experience either way for me right now. I do eventually want to do a lot of my own maintenance on it. I'm a cheap bastard also, and like to keep my money for beer, food, etc as well.

Thank you !
uuhhuhhmmm (clearing throat) you supply the beer and you will have your bike fixed in no time buy the fl crew, so dont fret over that.
supply the beer we will even change your oil for you.

Quick Reply: East Bound and Down, Loaded up and Truckin'