"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Setting a date for the Arizona trip (DATE IS NOW SET)

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 08:03 PM
HDRick
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remember that the RIDE to Arizona and the RIDE back are part of the VACATION and also filled with places to stop and or see. Dale has family there and that sets his priority, understandably. Some here work for a living and their time off must be scheduled way in advance. This is a 5,000 mile RIDE that the majority of riders on this forum will never make. I am trying to make a plan to go and ride in Arizona with 1of2 & 2of2, but I don't want to race out there and race back. The RIDE is the fun.

Old 12-06-2009, 06:33 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Can definitely understand what you are saying Rick and if riding elsewhere say North (in the summer) might join you .. Have made the west ride many times visiting Biloxi, Lafayette, Beaumont, San Antonio, El Paso, Cruces, Tucson, San Diego.. I have some other friends wish to visit near Phoenix so want all the time I can get in AZ ..

Old 12-06-2009, 09:40 AM
2of2
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good point Rick. If you have the time to ride out and spend some time riding with us here, that would be the ultimate. I guess I am looking from a unique perspective. Last year I spent 1/2 my vacation riding out there and the other half riding in Fla. with "the crew". The ride out there was awesome but was steady paced and stopping to see things was not an option. The time in Fla. went by way too fast and I ended up leaving wishing I had more time with my family. If I had to do it again I would still have ridden out instead of flying. It was a great adventure! But if I were doing it again next year, I would fly and ride and save the road trip for when I had the time to enjoy it better. Everyone has a different view and different circumstances. I just home you all make it here and ride with us. Looking forward to it.

Old 12-06-2009, 03:54 PM
ironroad257
Stage I
Default new to the forum

I have been planing to ride in az in april also, because I only have 10
days to 2 weeks off I was going to fly and rent. It would be great to ride
with fellow fl guys and ladies that have ideals about what to see &
do. can anybody tell me if belonging to the
Hog group saves $$ on rental?

Old 12-06-2009, 05:49 PM
JaxHarleyRdr
Club Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes it does about 50 a day

Old 12-06-2009, 10:53 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

hmm not to sure about this yet. seems like just about everyone is flying out there.
i cant agree more about getting out there and then enjoying the country.
talking with greg the other day and we both agree about still trailering out and driving all night. let the ladies drive during the day and the MEN drive at night just to get there.

Old 12-07-2009, 01:07 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

If I finalize the Fly and Ride thing .. My trailer is available to the FL Crew it is set up already for quick release of a Touring Frame and Sportster Frame which I believe will also work on a Dyna .. But will need a truck capable of hauling it and a connection for lights .. Something like this one ..

Last edited by JayStronghawk; 12-07-2009 at 02:00 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:50 AM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bulldogmoe7
hmm not to sure about this yet. seems like just about everyone is flying out there.
i cant agree more about getting out there and then enjoying the country.
talking with greg the other day and we both agree about still trailering out and driving all night. let the ladies drive during the day and the MEN drive at night just to get there.

Real men can drive any time, and for any amount of hours. On 9/11/2001 I was in Grand Rapids on business. When the towers were hit all I wanted to do was get home to my wife in South Florida. Ao I headed home in my rental. I drove 24 hours straight, stopping only for gas and coffee...

Old 12-07-2009, 08:03 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Yep, just a day trip.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:00 AM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by SoFla
Real men can drive any time, and for any amount of hours. On 9/11/2001 I was in Grand Rapids on business. When the towers were hit all I wanted to do was get home to my wife in South Florida. Ao I headed home in my rental. I drove 24 hours straight, stopping only for gas and coffee...
i agree i have a hard timne giving up the wheel. i drive the county all day long and really get tired of driving but when on a road trip i have to drive. just saying also that night time driving is the best.

Quick Reply: Setting a date for the Arizona trip (DATE IS NOW SET)