"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Setting a date for the Arizona trip (DATE IS NOW SET)

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 01:17 PM
yepuhuh
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1of2
OK, the dates are final!!!!!

I will be in Phoenix from April 14th through the 25th. I have a bike reserved from the 14th through the 21st. The party is on Saturday the 17th. Anyone needing help getting their bike or getting from the airport let me or Dean know. We'll help you out. Deans house is about 1/2 hour from the airport and Chester's HD is the closest (and best) dealer from his house. Superstition HD is also real close. If you are flying with Delta on the 14th let me know so we can try to hook up on a connecting flight. This will guarantee a free ride from the airport to the HD dealer and hotel. Any more info needed just contact me or Dean.

SEE YOU IN ARIZONA!!!!
I'm definately interested in this trip and know a couple of you.
Can you start a new post with all the particulars such as where everyone is riding to...

Where staying and such.

I'd love to go....Jay have you already made your reservations?

Old 12-15-2009, 03:14 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

yep, all the required info will be posted on the OP. there are at times way to many threads for the same subject. so we just update the original post with the info that is needed for a certain event

Last edited by bulldogmoe7; 12-15-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:41 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

OK I really really want to do this...I got enough vacation time ...dollars will be the obstacle for me....I figure 700.00 plus tax for bike rental..looks like about 400.00 for air fare...550.00 for hotel...add another 400.00 or so for expenses (gas ,food, trinkets) and your looking at 2100.00 ...and I always like have a few 100 for emergency's (read bail money)...so I gotta start living lean and pinching Lincoln till he screams... but as it stands right now I'm in...besides I can't let you guys go without SP to get ya's in trouble...

Old 12-15-2009, 06:51 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

the wife and i are not totally out on this yet. if we do it we will be trailering over with greg and brenda in our cage mobiles. only if they are going to. i need my wing man

Old 12-16-2009, 12:20 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by yepuhuh
I'm definately interested in this trip and know a couple of you.
Can you start a new post with all the particulars such as where everyone is riding to...

Where staying and such.

I'd love to go....Jay have you already made your reservations?
Airline reservations made and the Bike is also Reserved .. flying in Wednesday the 14th with Dale .. although am flying out the 21st got to be back home by the 23rd...

Old 12-16-2009, 06:34 AM
yepuhuh
Tourer

Originally Posted by bulldogmoe7
yep, all the required info will be posted on the OP. there are at times way to many threads for the same subject. so we just update the original post with the info that is needed for a certain event
Here is my delima, kinda like Poorboy with the wife.

While she is a good rider and would hang in there with me, I don't think she or I would be riding day trips everyday. We would like to take in some of the areas visited and hang around.

We are looking at flying to phoenix on saturday 4/17 getting there around noon and flying back home on 4/25. I want to rent a ultra classic or a standard classic because of the tour pack.

I would love to ride out on my machine, but I'm not sure how weel she would do on such a long trip. She's a 95 Ultra classic. Does not do real well in high elevation.....

That is about all I have so far.

Now what i did do, is create some routes in Mapquest from that point on I thought(Not ever been to AZ) would be good rides.

I can share those here but I'm sure you guys know a lot better than I.

We've got to see the grand canyon, Coronada scenic trail and tombstone.

Anything else is fine as well. We were even thinking about a ride to Albuqueke, nm.

On a serious note, I really would like to bring my belly gun as well. I have my CWP and need to know how to get it on the plane lawfully . Any ideas?

also need to get an idea of where we will be staying as well. The airline tickets are going up a little each day and I need to get our reserations done....

Old 12-16-2009, 07:27 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

You just have to put it in a lockable case and declare it as a fire arm at the ticket counter. They will label it thus and you have to pick it up from the agent at Baggage claim.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:44 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Correct, done it before, just show up a little earlier, was pretty easy.

Originally Posted by Just Dave
You just have to put it in a lockable case and declare it as a fire arm at the ticket counter. They will label it thus and you have to pick it up from the agent at Baggage claim.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:12 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I hate that I'm going to miss this one. Time and money is everything right now.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:31 PM
2of2
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This is the best hotel I can find so far, for the price. It is called the Windemere Hotel. The location is good because it is not in downtown Mesa. It has a restaurant and lounge and the price is decent. Check out the link and let me know what you think.

http://www.hotelscombined.com/Search...26scroll%3D762

Last edited by 2of2; 12-21-2009 at 12:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Setting a date for the Arizona trip (DATE IS NOW SET)