"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Spring Bling Suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 05:43 PM
kimbo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spring Bling Suggestion

Here's my thoughts, For me I'm not doing the Key's trip this year, $150 to $200 a night for a room and a ride down and a ride back with really no place to ride when you get down doesn't work for me this year. I know p8nter posted up about a place near Orlando for a spring bling but I'm not sure about what the rides would be around Orlando. I've stayed in Mt. Dora before and really like the Mt. Dora/Leesburg area. It's in reach of the Ocala Forest, the same rides we made this past weekend, the east and west coast, plus it's about an hour closer for the crew that comes for the south and more central for all the crew. If we can find someplace like the Ocala Days Inn where we can get rooms for about $50.00, we will have alot of good rides and something that alot more of our peeps can afford. Just throwing it out.

I'm not trying to dis the Key West Ride or P8nter's ride just trying to throw another ride out their.

Last edited by kimbo; 11-17-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:22 PM
Phlip96
Outstanding HDF Member

Just my 2 cents. It's not a dis on the ride, you have a good idea that meets the needs for everyone Kimbo. Of course my attendance depends on the condition of my scoot, so I wont set any obligations at this time.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:15 PM
kimbo
Outstanding HDF Member

Just pulled up P8nters thread with the link to East Lake Fish Camp, looks pretty cool and rates are resonable. Do we have good country rides in the area? If so i'm game.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:43 PM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kimbo
Just pulled up P8nters thread with the link to East Lake Fish Camp, looks pretty cool and rates are resonable. Do we have good country rides in the area? If so i'm game.
Can't say much about the area north of the lake but I have taken the Canoe Creek, Nova Rd, Deer Park Rd area rides several times and they make for great riding.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:10 PM
p8nter
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeff_Fla
Can't say much about the area north of the lake but I have taken the Canoe Creek, Nova Rd, Deer Park Rd area rides several times and they make for great riding.
yea jf head out canooe creek road towards keeans ville or you can head the way toward harmoney I will scope out some rides

Old 11-17-2009, 09:27 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

we could be up for that. i am not to sure about the keys again. money is just way to tight.
trying to get my football star son signed up with a recruiting company and thats about $2700

Old 11-18-2009, 11:08 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by kimbo
Either one sounds good to me. I'm most likely going to the Keys the first of Dec, before the Dec 20 rate increase anyway.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:17 AM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

Mount Dora is awesome. I think it is a great idea.
other things to consider:

The Southern people really hike it up every fall. I wouldnt mind a nice long ride for a change and it might be easier for some of the southern people if it was a little closer for a change.
Not saying we should do it but I think given the fact that we have been treated really good at all the fall rallys and Allison is trying so hard to get us there we should at least look at her new place and the area before dismissing it. I am a firm believer in going out of my way to take care of people who take care of me. Lets at least take a ride there and check it out.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:47 AM
LadyHawk
Road Captain

If it's at Allison's new place, we have a ride that we do to the north... Ends in Floral City. other than that, there isn't much to ride over here. Too much traffic.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:17 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

That is a definite drawback. I also heard that parking is away from the rooms. If that is correct it would be another thing to consider.

Quick Reply: Spring Bling Suggestion