"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Spring Bling Suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 06:56 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts
Old 11-20-2009, 07:25 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by wideglide95th
What the heck is the deal with this thread?

The Southern Crew members just post up a ride saying "I am going ride to some where and any one game post up"
Well, it was mentioned at Ocala that maybe we could get together as a group in the spring of 2010 (with me so far?). Not just a day ride, but a place to stay a night.
Not so big as Ocala (no trophies, catered food etc).
So how do we do this? We get suggestions.....and here we are. Confusing ain't it?
I agree, I too would like to ride up towards the panhandle....but for many in here, it might not be a good ride for one night....and yes, you could stay as long as you like. Me...I want to ride someplace, meet up, go for a ride with whoever shows up. Drink a beer, eat a meal
and B.S. Painter has an idea for a place in Kissimmee. I plan to ride over there next (not THIS) Sunday. I think 1of2 mentioned going also.....and whoever would like to come along/meet us.
I guess the spring ride would be something like we did at earls a couple weeks ago......
except more riding, and a stay over night. Keep in mind, some would like to keep the costs down, and I am not a camper...
I would be up for a panhandle low country boil also.
and YES....if you plan to make a regular 'day' ride......please post it up. Those are the rides where 8 people say they will go, and two show up.

THERE....was that confusing enough?

chuck the mensh

Old 11-20-2009, 07:37 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

I agree Chuck! Would love to do a Spring get together. A one nighter would be fine with me. I for one have to watch costs and was thinking maybe checking out Allison's new motel was not such a bad idea. The price is right. Yea I know not much riding in the area, but a one nighter, most would have the ride over and back. That would be fine with me. Just to hang out with friends would be great. These are my thoughts.

Would also love to do a panhandle ride, but not in the cards for me now.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by reesestewww

Originally Posted by bulldogmoe7

Originally Posted by THROTTLEJUNKIEDAVE

Old 11-20-2009, 07:51 PM
kimbo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wideglide95th
I agree Chuck! Would love to do a Spring get together. A one nighter would be fine with me. I for one have to watch costs and was thinking maybe checking out Allison's new motel was not such a bad idea. The price is right. Yea I know not much riding in the area, but a one nighter, most would have the ride over and back. That would be fine with me. Just to hang out with friends would be great. These are my thoughts.

Would also love to do a panhandle ride, but not in the cards for me now.
Here's the kettle calling the pot black. Mensh, you guys check out the fish camp and post up a date and as Grampa says anyone that's game will show up.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:52 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member

Where is Allison's hotel? Does she have a resterant? (nevermind, I was thinking of Alices.)

chuck

Old 11-20-2009, 07:57 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Whatever is fine with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As always! If I can make it fine. If not that is fine also.

My comment about the thread was not that it was confusing, but the guys sitting on the sofa in post after post.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:01 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by kimbo
Here's the kettle calling the pot black. Mensh, you guys check out the fish camp and post up a date and as Grampa says anyone that's game will show up.
Good idea.....until people show up and there is no place to stay, or seven dozen hot dogs are bought to grill, and ten cases of beer bought and 3 people show up, or worse, 20 people show up with three hot dogs and ten beers. That is why we sometimes think ahead and...say it together.....PLAN.
This might be too complicated so soon after Ocala? Giving a couple months
'heads up' may be too much.

Anyhow, I plan on riding to where ever that place was Painter suggested next Sunday. About two hours from Daytona. If Kimbos Grandpa shows, that's cool too.

chuck the mensh

Old 11-20-2009, 08:15 PM
kimbo
Outstanding HDF Member

It's all good brothers, all in fun, we have lots of time to "finger" it out. It's not the destination, it's the fellowship...

Old 11-20-2009, 08:25 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

my .02 is that we stick with the fish camp, we can tent or they have cottages that can hold up to 4 people, its a great central location for all. i would love to do the panhandle area, but i am sure for the south guys it an ALL day trip up there. now i am not speaking for them here. just being mindful

Quick Reply: Spring Bling Suggestion