"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Iron butt ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 12:53 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by confused
We seem to be making a big deal about some stuff, so why don't we just make a long weekend out of it and just do the Coast to Coast to Coast.
We can all meet in JAX and take off together.

http://*******.com/yjwh5o2

However, I'm cool with a short ride around the state if that's what everyone wants.

Nice ride. Souds like something I would like to do one day. I don't know if that would be anytime soon.

Hey BDM, Is there any reason why you cut out Tamiami Trail. I know it will add the necessary miles needed. Just a thought. I have never riden that rode, but noticed on you route.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:17 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by murph
Hey BDM, Is there any reason why you cut out Tamiami Trail. I know it will add the necessary miles needed. Just a thought. I have never riden that rode (road?), but noticed on you route.
If you're looking to make time on an Iron Butt, Interstates are the best & safest way to do it. Alligator Alley is bad enough in the dark, but there's no way in he!! I'd deliberately plan a night ride across the 2 lane Tamiami Trail on a bike, given the alligator, panther, hog, bear & deer threat. But, I am a chicken sheet.

We've had several FL Crew rides across the trail this year, you've just been MIA.

Old 10-31-2009, 03:31 PM
HDRick
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Riding at night, even on the Interstates, sucks!!!

Old 10-31-2009, 05:03 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

Last edited by bulldogmoe7; 11-11-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:52 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by cHarley
If you're looking to make time on an Iron Butt, Interstates are the best & safest way to do it. Alligator Alley is bad enough in the dark, but there's no way in he!! I'd deliberately plan a night ride across the 2 lane Tamiami Trail on a bike, given the alligator, panther, hog, bear & deer threat. But, I am a chicken sheet.
+1 on that

Old 10-31-2009, 11:12 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

We've had several FL Crew rides across the trail this year, you've just been MIA.

Point wellll taken.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:50 PM
Drclev3
Road Master

Me and my brothers did a ride like this last year but we took our time and did it in 3 days it was awsome we went up 95 to St Augustine then across to the pan handle then down 75 to the alley then home Great ride. This would be somthing I would be interested in for sure! Will keep a eye on this.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:53 PM
Drclev3
Road Master

I agree with cHarley about Tamiami at night hell you see alot of wildlife during the day night would be a little scary!

Old 11-02-2009, 05:35 PM
sofadog
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or a F-in wussy couch.

Hey, I represent that remark.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:24 AM
throttlejunkie
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ironbutt route 2

ironbutt route 3

ironbutt route 4

just wanted to dust this off and revisit it.
once i get my seat redone, i'm doing this. hope to get the seat redone soon. maybe i can find someone at the toy run this weekend.

Quick Reply: Iron butt ??