"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

any body want to go to earls hideway next sunday 11/01

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009 | 02:10 AM
painey
Road Warrior

We are attending Bike week next year, leaving Sat 6th then running down to West Palm Beach then on to the Keys and this looks just the kind of place we are looking out for to stop off on the way. Can't wait to get back out in the Sun and ride, its wet and miserable here in the UK

Our planned route is:
Tampa to Daytona via US41 and 40
Daytona to West Palm Beach - I-75 to Melbourne then US1/A1A
West Palm Beach to Islamorada - US441- US27 then picking up Card Sound Rd
Then down to Key west for a few nights before returning via US 41 to Naples
Naples to Port Charlotte via US29
Then home up to Land O Lakes on the Sunday via Peggys Coral

If anybody else knows similar places on our route we would be very grateful

Old 11-03-2009 | 02:49 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member

Simple reasons why I am in Florida... No State tax on my Retirement Income .. Born and Raised here with Family ties.. Likes riding 365 days a year

Old 11-03-2009 | 02:59 AM
Phlip96
Outstanding HDF Member

Funny story steve, Wife has been buggin to move to NJ where her sister and nephews are. Now that I'm ready she wont push the issue anymore, by the time I figure these womens types out-I'll be too old to take advantage of the info!

Yeah Jay, I'm not bashin on the beautiful state, maybe just further north where I have options..

Painey, there is "Archies" in Ft. Pierce off same A1A road. Similar place but a little close to stretch some miles between. Same rustic biker friendly atsmophere.

Old 11-03-2009 | 06:59 AM
2 Beers
Road Master

Originally Posted by redman53
That's all folks hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed taking them...
Jim and Rick, nice job on the pics! Off to see Murph's next. Thanks all.

Originally Posted by HDRick
Had a great time today. Special thanks to Eddie for the hats and Dale for the patches.
Yeah! What he said! +1. Thanks, Guys.

Originally Posted by wideglide95th
Glad y'all had a good time!
Wasn't the same without ya.

Originally Posted by redman53
I'll sure be glad when someone take's Murphs crayons away from him.....
Great job, Murph! Can't stop laughin at SP's expense on that one! Funny right there!

Originally Posted by Phlip96
Funny story steve, ...
Phlip, that was a really nice shirt you had there. New one?

Great time. Great to meet some new faces, and put faces to names.

2Beers

Old 11-03-2009 | 08:07 AM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member

Funny story steve, Wife has been buggin to move to NJ where her sister and nephews are. Now that I'm ready she wont push the issue anymore, by the time I figure these womens types out-I'll be too old to take advantage of the info!

Yeah Jay, I'm not bashin on the beautiful state, maybe just further north where I have options..

Painey, there is "Archies" in Ft. Pierce off same A1A road. Similar place but a little close to stretch some miles between. Same rustic biker friendly atsmophere.
We have been here 10 years this month. We moved down about 6 months after my mother-in-law died. While we were house hunting my father-in-law came to visit us, When we found the house we liked (and are now in) he was with us. The smaller house next door was for sale too. 2 weeks after we moved in he called and asked us if the house next door was still for sale. I told my wife to tell him there was an offer on it (there wasn't). He then asked my wife to find him a house in our sub-division as he wanted to move here too. We picked him out one 9 houses away (better than next door). When he got here he kept driving back to Boston to visit.... after a while he moved to West Palm Beach as it was more north and quciker to get out of Florida. After a year he moved to Deland for the same reason. After another year he moved back to Boston... permanently (next to his wife).

Old 11-03-2009 | 08:15 AM
Phlip96
Outstanding HDF Member

Palm Beaches are still too far south, I would need panhandle or Jax area to keep me busy enough for work, but this is all a pipe dream anyways. Especially in the next 5 years while we get out of this hole were in. Till then Ride Baby Ride! yeah that's right I stole the RBR and transversed it into another acronym!

Old 11-03-2009 | 10:01 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by SoFla
We have been here 10 years this month. We moved down about 6 months after my mother-in-law died. While we were house hunting my father-in-law came to visit us, When we found the house we liked (and are now in) he was with us. The smaller house next door was for sale too. 2 weeks after we moved in he called and asked us if the house next door was still for sale. I told my wife to tell him there was an offer on it (there wasn't). He then asked my wife to find him a house in our sub-division as he wanted to move here too. We picked him out one 9 houses away (better than next door). When he got here he kept driving back to Boston to visit.... after a while he moved to West Palm Beach as it was more north and quciker to get out of Florida. After a year he moved to Deland for the same reason. After another year he moved back to Boston... permanently (next to his wife).
Thanks for sharing that....

Murph

Old 11-03-2009 | 10:30 AM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by murph
Thanks for sharing that....

Murph

Moral of the story... you can keep gradually moving north out of South Florida, and it will take you the rest of your life.

(Hey, I thought you were back to light duty this week? They have internet at the desk? )

Old 11-03-2009 | 11:36 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by SoFla
Moral of the story... you can keep gradually moving north out of South Florida, and it will take you the rest of your life.

(Hey, I thought you were back to light duty this week? They have internet at the desk? )
Yep. I have to keep up with my HD family.

Old 11-03-2009 | 02:45 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

Palm Beaches are still too far south, I would need panhandle or Jax area to keep me busy enough for work, but this is all a pipe dream anyways. Especially in the next 5 years while we get out of this hole were in. Till then Ride Baby Ride! yeah that's right I stole the RBR and transversed it into another acronym!

Somebody needs to take Philler Up's Thesaurus away ...and I think transposed would be a better fit...just saying

Quick Reply: any body want to go to earls hideway next sunday 11/01