"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Harley Windsheilds.. Windscreens.. whatever..

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 07:26 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HDRick
Regardless of what kind of glasses material you get, see your eye doctor and tell him about the night vision problem. Your eyes are too important not to tell the doctor. I have a similar problem, night vision, and have problems with the pressure in my eyes. It may be early warnings of glaucoma or something else. See what your eye doctor says. I want you to be safe and be at the rally.
+1 , I used to have a terrible time with night driving and riding. Things were blurry and hard to make out. Turns out my astigmatism had gotten worse from my not wearing my glasses. Add into that I had developed near sightedness and I was having a time. Now I update my prescription yearly.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:36 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree brenda get your eyes checked please.
I WEAR PRESCRIP GLASSES ALL THE TIME, SUNGLASSES AND REGULAR GLASSES

Old 10-22-2009, 07:19 AM
LadyHawk
Road Captain

I get my eyes tested yearly. And I have to wear glasses 24/7... I can't see a foot passed my face with out them. If all the lights are off in the house I have to find markers with my hands to know where I am... can't see crap, even with the streetlights outside and all the electronic blip lights everywhere (stereo, DVR, coffee pot, stove, microwave, PC... )

I do have astigmatism and have been nearsighted since I was 9 years old. I had them put that Crizol on my glasses and that helps a little. I had on my contacts that night, which don't help at all.

The glasses I found on ebay are only $12, so I figure it's worth a try. I've been "flying blind" at night for years... I just know it's aggrevating to BD and I get so nervous that I grit my teeth, and all get all tensed up while riding. I've tried breathing exercises to relax, but I'm SO nervous about not being able to see, it doesn't help. My jaws ached for 2 days from gritting my teeth Saturday night.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Phlip96
Outstanding HDF Member

We appreciate the honesty here brenda but I belive i speak for everyone that were concerned. That story scres the crap out of me! you need to find a solution rather than riding impaired like that. What enjoyment can you get if your tensed up anyways.

Please please please get this taken care of.

I know it's easier said than done, but the outcome if you dont could be fatal.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:15 AM
HDRick
Road Warrior

Glad to hear your on top of the eye and night vision problem. How about adding an HID headlight to give you more and brighter light?

Old 10-22-2009, 12:36 PM
LadyHawk
Road Captain

Thanks for the concern and I know it's cuz y'all care.. (and probably won't ever ride at night with me again.. LOL)

I’m really thinking the polycarbonate glasses will help. It was amazing how clear everything was through the windshield.

And that’s also why we had the bagger for a while, so we could take night rides and not have to worry about me being able to see. And why we picked the Heritage for me, so we could ride 2 up if needed.

But yeah, it would be so much more enjoyable if I could see at night. Cutting rides short, or leaving early from bike fests so we can get home before dark is a huge PITA.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:40 PM
LadyHawk
Road Captain

Originally Posted by HDRick
Glad to hear your on top of the eye and night vision problem. How about adding an HID headlight to give you more and brighter light?
I don't know if that would help as it is the lights around me that are glare in my eyes, and make me not able to see the road. I mean I can see maybe 30 feet of road, but everyone knows to watch ahead and when I can't it's nerve racking. The lines I can't see until I am right on top of them.

Even driving my car is a PITA at night. I didn't get window tint as dark as I wanted, just so I could still see out the rear windows at night.

PITA I tell ya... PITA.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:48 PM
Phlip96
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by LadyHawk
And that’s also why we had the bagger for a while, so we could take night rides and not have to worry about me being able to see. And why we picked the Heritage for me, so we could ride 2 up if needed.
So, if it's Your bike, that mean BD rides bitch..right?!

Last edited by Phlip96; 10-22-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:22 PM
LadyHawk
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Phlip96
So, if it's Your bike, that mean BD rides bitch..right?!
Either that or he's riding a PURPLE bike!!

Old 10-22-2009, 01:27 PM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

NO.. Fillup... ...no bitch ridin here!

It's bad enough I have to pilot a purple sparkly bike when we do two-up!

Disclaimer;
Not intended to offend you big burly badasses that sport the purple sparkly paint.. it worked for Donnie Osmand back in the day, too!

Quick Reply: Harley Windsheilds.. Windscreens.. whatever..