"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Biketoberfest

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 05:32 PM
PRrdglide
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

We stay in Ormond beach, it is a lot cheaper and have learned the back roads. During bike week the motels were not booked up a lot of them had deals going on.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:55 AM
Araba Shriner
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PRrdglide
We stay in Ormond beach, it is a lot cheaper and have learned the back roads. During bike week the motels were not booked up a lot of them had deals going on.
Thanks for the headsup about Ormond Bch. Thats pretty much where a lot of people end up. US1 up by Iron Horse and all that...

When are you heading up that way?

Old 09-11-2009, 09:31 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Araba Shriner
The motor unit of my shrine has 3 spaces every year at Daytona Bch Campground. We take 3 motor coaches/rv trailers/whatever and everyone pitches in. One of our guys is a chef and does all the cooking. We just pitch in on the expenses. Donno about sleeping accomodations yet, nor if there is any extra room or how many plan to attend yet.

How are you at tenting? Thats not my fav, but its only for a couple days and they have public showers everyone uses.
Thank you for the offer Dana! But I'm not a tenter. I will keep looking.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by PRrdglide
This sounds like a good possibility. I am in the Ft. Myers area also. Are you heading up to biketoberfest?

Old 09-11-2009, 10:35 AM
customsoftail200
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm coming from NJ... I've been the last 2 years and it's a great time!!!

Old 09-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Araba Shriner
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BertK, I am leaving here on Thursday, visit come cousins that night and stay over in the Orlando/Ocoee/Altamonte Springs area. Friday is a toss up where I will land, but will probably be in Daytona for fun. Donno where I will be that night yet.

Saturday may be my only Daytona/Ormond Bch day. Might stay in Ormond Bch that night.

Hopefully we can get the FLA CREW together for a meet n' greet somewhere. Most of our riders will be there that day so someone make a plan.

Old 09-11-2009, 01:20 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

I'll be around all weekend. I'll keep an eye out for the Crew!

Old 09-11-2009, 07:33 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Hard to make a meet and greet. Even if you pick a spot AND time.....with traffic and all....if you are 10 minutes late, you may never be seen......that is if anyone recognizes you.
You can not just walk into the Boot Hill saloon....biketoberfest and start tapping on peoples shoulder saying...."You in the HD forum.....?" Well, I guess you could.
Then trying to ride somewhere as a group...
I live here, and have ridden with out of towners...before we start, I say "Where ever you end up, have fun...in case I never see you again."
My friends met this girl at the Flagler Pier. They set up a "lets-meet" the next day at the Boot Hill Saloon....either she never showed up, or we didn't see her (more likely we didn't remember what she looked like)...whatever, that plan failed also.
Me? I can be found wandering Main Street or at the Iron Horse Saloon (usually at the 'bus stop).

Chuck the mensh

Old 09-11-2009, 08:20 PM
PRrdglide
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

It depends how the Thunder Beach turns out . If we go to Biketoberfeast. We Just might do Friday to Sunday

Old 09-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Araba Shriner
BertK, I am leaving here on Thursday, visit come cousins that night and stay over in the Orlando/Ocoee/Altamonte Springs area. Friday is a toss up where I will land, but will probably be in Daytona for fun. Donno where I will be that night yet.

Saturday may be my only Daytona/Ormond Bch day. Might stay in Ormond Bch that night.

Hopefully we can get the FLA CREW together for a meet n' greet somewhere. Most of our riders will be there that day so someone make a plan.
Looks like you have a plan. If I make it, I will definitely give you a call.
By the way, has your cell number changed?

Quick Reply: Biketoberfest