"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

"2009 florida state hog rally" any body going to this

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Phlip96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm developing an early stage of that "roundness" too. Should have done something before it was too late, just too much like work! Now it just holds stuff while I sit on the couch

Old 08-16-2009, 04:43 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

I will go if sick puppy goes, only because I owe him a few drinks.
but St Aug is so close to me, I might go and look around...and parking is a breeze there ANYHOW!
Anybody wants to ride up...Barbara loves the Conch House for lunch.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:04 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Come on SP, you know deep down you want to BELONG, hehe. Philip, I have been called many things and hung out with many groups but aint never hung out with a "Popular Group". No get your fatass off the couch and get the bike running.

Rick as an FYI, we are kind of loose knit riding group, if there is a ride planned it might get posted up a few hours before it happens or weeks before it happens. Most (if not all of us) dont like rules, schedules or general political bullshit, there is no heirarchy, structure, commitments or requirements to ride with the crew. You can be a joker, a-hole, grumpy, nerdy, **** retentive, free wheeling, gun toting, peace and love beliving tie dye T shirt wearing hippie, newby 2 days off the boat from parts unknown and you are welcome to ride with us, or not if you dont want to. Me, I rode with the MIami HOG a few times and observed the same behavior that SP did. I have a cahotic anarchist loner personality disorder so I didnt fit in with them. Strangely enough I fit in with these guys and gals.

Originally Posted by redman53
should I expand on that explanation?....well if you insist ....if you want to be around a bunch of poser, cliquey, got no clue of what a real riding group should be jag offs...be my guest...ask for Jim McGill, he's the "Director", director of what is still in question....never meet a more unfriendly, stand offish, full of themselves (and other stuff also)bunch of azz holes in my life......this opinin wasn't formed overnight either, tried on several occasions to be a good HOG...went on a couple rides, and got treated like a lepper, made a few suggestions as to maybe a possible ride (only after the uppity ups asked for suggestions)...was basically told that the places I had suggested didn't meet their lofty standards...after several attempts I said ffffuuuuuuuuuuu****k this.....and on and on blah blah blah....

on the other hand,from the first time I meet anybody from the Crew (Rebel Ryder) 2 years ago..till the newst guys that ride with us now...I've never felt like they weren't somebody I couldn't hang and ride with.....there isn't one guy or gal in the Crew I wouldn't ride through a chit storm in the middle of the night to go help if needed.....you stay where you feel comfortable so I'm here to stay....

OK Rant over...(well not really,but for now)

Old 08-17-2009, 05:44 AM
MattInFla
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A quick question for the folks that ride to St. Augustine regularly. What's the best option for parking?

I was up there a couple weeks ago in the cage with some out of town guests, and the parking garage by the visitor's center is now signed "no motorcycles". I don't recall seeing that sign before, and I recall seeing some bikes parked in there.

Matt

Old 08-18-2009, 05:13 PM
MattInFla
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I answered my own question. It's amazing what google can find, like the minutes of the City of St. Augustine parking and transport committee meetings.

http://www.staugustinegovernment.com...es03.26.09.pdf

Apparently the parking garage ticket arms are unsafe for us bikers.

Matt

Old 08-21-2009, 10:15 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

I do ride now and then with the Gainesville HOG Members on rides open to the public, but have never officially joined them ... Only reason am a national HOG Member is that it came free with the Purchase of the FLHT and expires 1/10 and will more than likely not renew it..

Last edited by JayStronghawk; 08-23-2009 at 04:56 PM.