"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Off Topic- But I got laid-off Today.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 08:44 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Again Paul, our condolences from up here. It sucks but you will persevere and be the better for it, I'm sure. We're looking forward to seeing you this weekend and helping you to put it behind you.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:10 AM
HDRick
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Poorboy, sorry to see this news! If you need a ride buddy just let me know. It sucks, but like everyone has pointed out, you have more time to ride right now. You just added more experience to your resume. I'm heading up to NC the 11th or 12th, want to come along? Give me a call.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:32 PM
Drclev3
Road Master

Paul Sorry to hear buddy. But like I always say its hard to keep a good man down!! Like the rest have sad take a few days go for a good long ride to clear the head then put the nose to the grind stone. Good luck Paul. Will keep you in the prayers to find a job soon!!

Old 07-01-2009, 06:56 PM
wingnutt
Road Master

Originally Posted by PoorBoy
Thanks Dave.... I guess we never know who knows who, etc....

I have a computer science background who use to program in an assortment of computer languages. Through the years I have worked in Integration and Test environments, and most recently, I was the manager of Palm Coast Data's Software Quality Assurance. This was using automated test software to beat the heck out of in-house developed code before it becomes customer-facing.

I've been in hardware and software development arenas and utilize all the typical desktop Microsoft Office products to give presentations, project management tasks, P&L spreadsheets, and a whole host of configuration management and Software Development Life Cycle roles.

I've done Marketing Management of new devices to the consumer world, and I've worked in the aerospace industry (years back) on Navy fighter avionics and submarine warfare systems.

In fewer words..... I'm a tech geek in the Information Technologies field. Heeeee heeeeeee heeee

Sorry to hear the bad news, Look into a company called Rita Technologies, they are a division of Rita Services, the temp agency. Rita Tech. has positions more in your field. A very close freind of mine just got a position as a Software develompment PM with them, 2 year contract, with opportunity for perm. hire. Pay scale is good.

Good luck man, I was laid off in Oct. of last year, struggled thru...and came out Ok in the end.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:40 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by wingnutt
Sorry to hear the bad news, Look into a company called Rita Technologies, they are a division of Rita Services, the temp agency. Rita Tech. has positions more in your field. A very close freind of mine just got a position as a Software develompment PM with them, 2 year contract, with opportunity for perm. hire. Pay scale is good.

Good luck man, I was laid off in Oct. of last year, struggled thru...and came out Ok in the end.
Thanks man,

I composed a cover letter and attached my resume. I will follow up tomorrow afternoon with a phone call. I was impressed with their website, and it looks like lots of human contact is how they operate.

I have been busy networking, and sending my resume to targeted companies that are in the high tech arena.

I have my fingers crossed for some things "cooking" out of state. Details will follow when appropriate.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:56 PM
CrashX
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn Paul, sorry to hear about that. If ya need anything you got my number, just give me a call.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:54 PM
2 Beers
Road Master

It finally happened. ... It really, really sucks getting laid-off. My first time ever for this experience. I can only imagine what's ahead of me trying to find another job. Anyway, I need my friends.
Sorry to hear the news, PB. Guess we're going to have to plan a meetup between there and Boca sometime soon. I agree with the posts here. Happened twice to me in the early 90's. Economy is bottoming, though, so things should start coming back. It's hard, but it's not fatal. Your new job is looking for a job. Look in the mornings, relax in the afternoons. Ride to get your mind to backoff for a bit.

Originally Posted by wideglide95th
Good news is I start to work at a new job tomorrow with less pay, but good benefits. I am going to be ok and I am sure you will also.
There's good news!!! WTG, Mike!

Just a thought: I guess I won't have a chance getting a job riding my StreetGlide from bar to bar to sample their beer temperatures. (But if I'm gonna dream......)
Allright, now just hold on a cotton pickin' minute here...

If that job's available, you can have mine and I'll take that one!

Seriously, PB, let's start plannin' a meetup in say, Titusville to Sebastian areas, and lunch is on me. Couple of beers, too! (even a couple of Bud Lime's, if we have to)

Gotta close a door to open another better one.

2Beers
OnMe

Old 07-01-2009, 11:52 PM
Big Pa
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Paul, brother, I'm so sorry for what you're having to deal with. I'll keep you & your family in my prayers through out. Please let me know if theres anything I can do or help with. As long as it doesn't require me to have any money! Seriously gimme a shout.
Yer bro. Joe

Old 07-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Phlip96
Outstanding HDF Member

Dang Paulie, I think you took this hardship as well as you could! I think most people just slouch on the couch and try to get sympathy. Youre out there fighting the country for a job! Good way to keep your chin up bro! With that attitude and aggresion you are sure to get something good your way..

Old 07-04-2009, 08:13 AM
Sftail291
Tourer
Default Hang Tough

Sorry to here this news Paul,

But with your experience, winning personality, and your drive......you will surely fine something soon. You are obviosly a fighter and that will be evident to anyone who interviews you. Whatever you do....in the mean time if you get bummed just get on that pretty new bike and .....ride your *** off! The Fl Crew is pulling for you 100%.....Best wishes......

Jeff

Quick Reply: Off Topic- But I got laid-off Today.