"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

A Tale of Two Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009 | 10:38 AM
MyFirstHD
|
Road Master
Default A Tale of Two Dealers

I was visiting family in Florida on my Second Annual trip from Michigan and my Electra Glide stalled and would not start. I called my local dealer in Michigan, Biker Bob's in Taylor (they are the only one in my cell phone) and they gave me the Port Charlotte dealer's phone number. Well, Black Widow HD was closed on Monday's so I had it towed / dropped off at Rossiter's in Sarasota. Rossiter's changed the Brake.Turn Module under the seat. The bike made it to my brother's but the next day would not start. The Service guy at Rossiter's (on the phone while waiting for AAA) had me pull the seat, by-pass the module and change the fuse but it still wouldn't start. They said "you must have another problem other than the one we already fixed".
When the tow truck came the driver said he didn't want to bad mouth Rossiter's but his Dad only goes to Black Widow in Port Charlotte and he wouldn't recommend me taking my bike back to the place that couldn't fix it the first time. The driver actually lost money taking me to Black Widow's. Kudo's to him.
The crew at Black Widow found a pinched wire in the right grip, probably caused when I lost and replaced a brake clamp screw a couple days earlier on the trip, and I was on the road in an hour. Everyone at Black Widow was professional, courteous and friendly and obviously very good at their job. It's been a few weeks now and the bike has not had any problems. They even topped off my tires without my asking. Thanks guys!
This is not about bad mouthing the place that took my $176.23 and did not fix the problem, I just want to say that if I lived on Cattlemen Road in Sarasota Florida I'd still drive down to Black Widow HD in Port Charlotte.
Now only did they get me back on the road but they restored my confidence in my Harley.

Link to Black Widow HD in Port Charlotte, FL

Last edited by MyFirstHD; 06-27-2009 at 10:40 AM. Reason: fix link
Old 06-27-2009 | 11:34 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member

Aint no doubt that they Suck, They own the one here in Bradenton as well and have had nothing but bad experiences with them. I always go to Jims over in St pete if I just have to have a Dealer with Black Widow as a second Backup, Both are 1st class operations. Sorry you got sucked in to Rossiters Rip Off Corporation.

Old 06-27-2009 | 02:53 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member

I've never heard a bad work said about Black Widow.

Old 11-21-2009 | 09:33 AM
dribar
Intermediate

I live about a mile from the cattleman road dealer and am buying a 2010 Ultra Limited from Lakeland HD. Go figure.

Old 11-21-2009 | 03:52 PM
sailnjay
Road Captain

Originally Posted by dribar
I live about a mile from the cattleman road dealer and am buying a 2010 Ultra Limited from Lakeland HD. Go figure.
Since you mentioned it I've always had good luck with Lakeland...they are good people