"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Saturday 6-27-09 Okeechobee

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 04:18 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kered
unfortunately i am working...im sure it will be alot of fun...ride safe!
Wish you could have joined us Derek, it was a nice day for a ride and a real pleasure to have lunch with your father!

Old 06-27-2009, 06:22 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wideglide95th
I had oysters, shrimp, and steamed clams. Also introduced Sefferdog and Jennifer to a piece a pumpkin bread Jay. Good company for a good meal.
Glad you had fun there ... Will holler at ya head down that way ...

Old 06-27-2009, 07:06 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by JayStronghawk
Do this again and let me know Seff ... Oysters, Frog Legs, Gator Tail?? Add Catfish and Snapping Turtle have a Seminole Feast ... LOL
Jay, next time I will definitely post this up sooner amd let you know!

Old 06-27-2009, 07:46 PM
Drclev3
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good friends and good food & good riding with the Lady. Just cant ask for a better day.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:25 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Sefferdog
Hey Mike, I will second the good company/good meal. Thanks for joining us for a great lunch. The pleasure certainly belonged to Jennifer and I. 400 miles for a lunch and the friendship is a real bargain in my book!!

We dodged rain all the way back, hit just a few sprinkles in Leesburg, and got home safe and dry. Next time we go I will post up sooner, this was kinda sorta a last minute thing.....

Here is a pic of Jennifer and I coming across SR60 when she thought I was going too fast......

Can you guess who is who???
Now that is funny Wade! You ride 400 miles and dodge the rain and I ride 60 and get soaking wet. Once I hit Lakeport it poured on me and was so windy. and I was thinking that you guys were probably going to hit a few storms on the way back. It felt good cooled me off. Just gotta wash the bike again.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:39 PM
HDRick
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sefferdog
Hey Mike, I will second the good company/good meal. Thanks for joining us for a great lunch. The pleasure certainly belonged to Jennifer and I. 400 miles for a lunch and the friendship is a real bargain in my book!!

We dodged rain all the way back, hit just a few sprinkles in Leesburg, and got home safe and dry. Next time we go I will post up sooner, this was kinda sorta a last minute thing.....

Here is a pic of Jennifer and I coming across SR60 when she thought I was going too fast......

Can you guess who is who???
Picture?? I don't see a picture. ??????

Old 06-27-2009, 08:43 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member

Hey Rick, He is talking about the little emoticons.

Next time you can make the trip with Wade and Jennifer.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:43 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by wideglide95th
Now that is funny Wade! You ride 400 miles and dodge the rain and I ride 60 and get soaking wet. Once I hit Lakeport it poured on me and was so windy. and I was thinking that you guys were probably going to hit a few storms on the way back. It felt good cooled me off. Just gotta wash the bike again.
That is terrible that you got soaked! Each time we turned, we dodged a storm. When we went west on 60 from 441 we just missed one. When we went north off of 60 onto 27 we dodged one. And then in Leesburg you could see it raining VERY hard just barely to the east of us. We caught just a few sprinkles from that. The rest of the way home was nice and sunny.

The whole trip back we could see rain all around, we were positive we were gonna get soaked, but never did. I think it is because Jennifer was along with me. Had I been flying solo I am sure it wold have rained the whole four hour ride!!

All in all it was a great ride and great time today.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by HDRick
Picture?? I don't see a picture. ??????
yea, there is a picture. We are those two little round headed yellow things. I am hurt you didn't recognize us!! Although it has been so long since you have ridden with us you may have forgotten what we look like, lol.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:47 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member

It wasn't so bad getting rained on. Like I said it cooled me off. Just got my bike dirty is all. That is ok too! I get to spend some more time with it. Definitely worth it.

Quick Reply: Saturday 6-27-09 Okeechobee