"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Florida Crew invited to ride in Arizona

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009 | 05:27 PM
Phlip96
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm with the dragon on this one BDM, I am terribly dissapointed in you. (shaking head in dissagreement)

Old 07-08-2009 | 03:30 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member

Just Kicking an idea around just in case turns out My Truck or Trailer may not be needed. Would consider Riding it but not going to press it Hell bent for Election. Being retired can stop and smell the roses now and then. Thinking 400 Miles a day would be okay but if weather or other probs turned out got less for one day or two wouldn't lose any sleep over it .. Naturally would start out earlier so wouldn't miss out on anything with the rest of the gang and if lucky got there a day or two early got a couple friends out that way wouldn't mind visiting as well.. Lucy would fly out, as that long a ride would not be enjoyable for her.. Just a Rambling thought here to keep the Thread Bumped up...

Old 07-08-2009 | 12:10 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Phlip96
I'm with the dragon on this one BDM, I am terribly dissapointed in you. (shaking head in dissagreement)
i know i know, but this is once in a lifetime event for me and the wife. to take a 38' powerboat out of bradenton and run it across the state through all the canals, out to Stuart fl and then across to the bahamas.
come on who wouldn't do that?

Old 07-09-2009 | 08:11 AM
2of2
|
Road Warrior

BDM just wants another excuse to expose his ta ta's.
Either that, or the wife made this decision.

Last edited by 2of2; 07-09-2009 at 08:14 AM.
Old 07-09-2009 | 12:15 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by bulldogmoe7
i know i know, but this is once in a lifetime event for me and the wife. to take a 38' powerboat out of bradenton and run it across the state through all the canals, out to Stuart fl and then across to the bahamas.
come on who wouldn't do that?
Make sure you guys have passports now. Back in my professional fishing days, we did the trip down to the islands a few times. Kinda sux getting back into US legally. They want you to travel to the Miami Airport to clear customs.

Do a google search for all the new homeland security rules for Island hoping and checklists for legal visits into the Bahamas by private boat. There are some fees with all of this.

I'll assume your friend's 38' boat has twin outboards, you'll have fun and be treated to some awesome fishing.

Old 07-09-2009 | 12:18 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by masterblaster
I also did a quick check on renting a 7 - 8 person RV, looks to be about $2200 for 2 weeks. Got me thinking about it, drive straingt through in 2 days ride our butts off.
Now that's a thought!!! If this pans out, and you're looking for a passenger I would seriously consider going.

Old 07-09-2009 | 08:12 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by PoorBoy
Make sure you guys have passports now. Back in my professional fishing days, we did the trip down to the islands a few times. Kinda sux getting back into US legally. They want you to travel to the Miami Airport to clear customs.

Do a google search for all the new homeland security rules for Island hoping and checklists for legal visits into the Bahamas by private boat. There are some fees with all of this.

I'll assume your friend's 38' boat has twin outboards, you'll have fun and be treated to some awesome fishing.
i wish i can find my pic of his boat. but its a powerboat with twin 700hp inboards. but yea reading that passports are needed and when w get there the boat has to be registered and such.

Old 07-09-2009 | 08:15 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by 2of2
BDM just wants another excuse to expose his ta ta's.
Either that, or the wife made this decision.
during this trip ta ta's will be exposed all week long.
oh no my choice on this one

Old 07-10-2009 | 06:16 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by bulldogmoe7
i wish i can find my pic of his boat. but its a powerboat with twin 700hp inboards. but yea reading that passports are needed and when w get there the boat has to be registered and such.
I hope someone has plenty of money for fuel, You could buy a nice used bike for what thats gonna cost! YIKES.

Old 07-10-2009 | 11:53 AM
1of2
"Moderator"

Originally Posted by JayStronghawk
Just Kicking an idea around just in case turns out My Truck or Trailer may not be needed. Would consider Riding it but not going to press it Hell bent for Election. Being retired can stop and smell the roses now and then. Thinking 400 Miles a day would be okay but if weather or other probs turned out got less for one day or two wouldn't lose any sleep over it .. Naturally would start out earlier so wouldn't miss out on anything with the rest of the gang and if lucky got there a day or two early got a couple friends out that way wouldn't mind visiting as well.. Lucy would fly out, as that long a ride would not be enjoyable for her.. Just a Rambling thought here to keep the Thread Bumped up...

Jay this is a great idea. If i had the time I would ride with you. Even if you have problems or just get tired you know the rest of us are chasing you with backup. Even if you had problems and we couldnt get the bike running we could just load it up and drop another down, then get it fixed when we get there. Also we can carry your luggage for you. It'll be the perfect scenario for worry free cross-country riding. I think you should do it.

Quick Reply: Florida Crew invited to ride in Arizona