"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Florida Crew invited to ride in Arizona

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009 | 09:19 AM
1of2
"Moderator"

In less than two days we already have 9 people signed up. I have a feeling this is going to be big.

Old 06-10-2009 | 09:32 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

You are one of the youngest and most fit people in the crew, you have no excuse, you should be able to do a 2k iron butt no problem with that bike and at your age.

Just kidding, it is more impoortant to get the ride time out there, it is a very beautiful place but also a bik area so the sooner ya get out there the more ride time. Hell I might check into one of the shipping companies to see how much it would cost to get to Phoenix, fly out and ride back. I am still thinking two weeks vacation for me, want to hit New Mexico, El Paso. Maybe Colorado rockies too.

Originally Posted by bulldogmoe7
would you guys raz me if i towed behind a mini van?

Old 06-10-2009 | 10:52 AM
HDRick
Road Warrior

would you guys raz me if i towed behind a mini van?
Raz you??? Oh, come on. Who among this fine bunch of friends would do that?

Old 06-10-2009 | 11:05 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Thumbs up Hoping

Originally Posted by 2of2
Jay
That looks like a nice setup. I hope you make it out here. You will love it.
Sure Hoping this works out Dean is for sure this Trailer will haul 2 Dressers easy as well as tools and other goodies.. Like the idea of ride some, roll some, switching out a little here and there ... Main Thing is get enough to agree and enjoy it ...

Old 06-10-2009 | 11:10 AM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

well i would have to check with the parental unit (mom) she has a motorhome, and we have a buddy that has a trailer that can easily carry 4 bikes on it maybe 5. just a thought
we can tow the trailer and bikes and enjoy the comfort of the motorhome.

Old 06-10-2009 | 11:23 AM
Phlip96
Outstanding HDF Member

I have family in Mesa, so it's saves me on the room bit. I dont get vacation time from work, just a right to say I want to take off and do it. Draw back is I don't get paid.
That being said I cant afford much time off, I can get really cheap flights through spirit air club ($40 annual) so I will be a fly-n-ride weinie. I visited Az last spring on a budget but what I saw by cage was outstanding, I would love to do this trip!

I'll keep an eye out, since I'm not taking any hotel rooms or trailer space my decision wont change yours but on the rides itself. Hope to see y'all on the 'other side' hehe

Old 06-10-2009 | 11:24 AM
Phlip96
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Joe, I hear ya on the ride across I 10, have you ever taken I 20 or I 40 across, hoping for a better ride that way. As far as anyone getting out there by any means, I promise I will not make fun of anyone for trailering, time is a major factor and vacation time varies greatly. I just want to do the cross country thing, good training for my run to Alaska and back in the near future.Like I said above lets just get a time and place to meet out there and break up into groups or get there individually. I appreciate you guys putting together some rides.
Was that REALLY jerry at the keys? He was so polite, he must be in his "work mode"

Old 06-10-2009 | 12:09 PM
1of2
"Moderator"

well i would have to check with the parental unit (mom) she has a motorhome, and we have a buddy that has a trailer that can easily carry 4 bikes on it maybe 5. just a thought
we can tow the trailer and bikes and enjoy the comfort of the motorhome.

Now your talking.
How much room in the motorhome???

Old 06-10-2009 | 12:33 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm getting all amped-up thinking about all this. I think we all agree to get out there in the shortest amount of time possible, saving as much of our precious time-off as possible for the "good stuff" in AZ.

Dale- what you described about the day-trips and overnighters is basically saying we will have a designated base camp that we'll never be at. Heeeeeee heeeee heeeee.

I trying to keep Patti enticed with options other than riding every day. (pool, massage, etc). She's already told me that she can't (doesn't want to) ride everyday. I trying a different angle now.....Fly & Ride- renting an Ultra. She definitely doesn't want her own bike. She will like partying in Tombstone!

If I decide to do the SUV & Trailer thing, then we're blasting straight through, taking turns driving, and try to make it in two days.

There are some great ideas forming...... (Bulldog and a motor home, uhm.... I can see the pictures coming out of that one now..... heeeeeee heeee heeeee).

Old 06-10-2009 | 12:55 PM
joe.1955
Stellar HDF Member

I know it's early, but part of the planning process. You'll need to bring cold weather gear.

In the desert after dark it gets cool quick, and in some places the altitude gets up to almost 10,000 feet. Even in mid summer that kind of altitude can be around 60 degrees in the middle of the day.

Bring layers as the temps. can change quickly. Rain gear is also good to have, just in case.

Helmets not required.

Florida CCW is valid in Arizona, and open carry is also legal.

Dean and I will take vacation during that time. If the group wants to split up and see different places on the same day, we can do that.

Last edited by joe.1955; 06-10-2009 at 12:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Florida Crew invited to ride in Arizona