"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Florida Crew invited to ride in Arizona

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009 | 10:12 AM
JaxHarleyRdr
Club Member
Riders Club Member

hmmm or fly out rent bike for a week and fly back

Old 06-09-2009 | 10:29 AM
Screamin' Ego
Cruiser

Had a chance to stop in Tombstone when I made the move from Cali to Florida a couple years ago. Being a big fan of old west history, especially old west outlaws like the Earps and the James-Younger gang, it was a real treat for me. Would love to have been on the bike at the time, but instead I had a trailer full of my belongings behind the Durango. Any of you that make it out that way will surely not be disapointed. I however will have to keep working, and living vicariously through you.

Old 06-09-2009 | 11:20 AM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member

Hell yeah... so long as we have ample time to put in for vacation... I'm there!

Old 06-09-2009 | 12:37 PM
1of2
"Moderator"

Sounds like we have some good ideas.
Paul consider this. You want 400 mile days. That is 5 days there and 5 back with good weather. Throw a couple bad days in there and you have 12 days of riding. I can get about the same vacation as you but I don't think it is enough to do it. If we trailer and take turns driving we can get there in two days. Once you see the awesome riding in AZ you won't want to waste days riding down I10. I want at least a week to ride the desert. I will ride there some day but not with only two weeks to get there visit and get back. It just isnt enough time for me. I will need a day to rent a boat on Canyon lake too. That was my favorite spot in the world when I lived there.
Even if some ride, some trailer and some fly and rent we can all meet there at the same time and have some good times with the AZ guys.

Old 06-09-2009 | 12:54 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

I'm really , really interested in this...Paul keep in mind OK?

Old 06-09-2009 | 12:54 PM
1of2
"Moderator"

Another thing, if we go in April we should be able to add Good friday as a holiday "free" day off.

Old 06-09-2009 | 02:07 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

Dale I think thats a good idea, Fly and Ride from the hog is $100 per day. Can do multiple type groups meet up at the same place on appointed date. I will be in the "haulin *** long run group" can do a "trailer ride group" and the "slow poke enjoy the ride group" and plan accordingly. I am okay on timing, I am so old now and been with same company so long that I get too much vacation, I am now one of teh peopel I used to biitch about 20 years ago when seniority driven vacation scheduling locked em out of any good dates. I like the idea of boating on a lake for a day, I am also thinking about doing a day run to San Diego to jump in the pacific ocean so I can say I did a cross country trip hehe, will weigh that as time and planning gets closer. Hell the more I am thinking about this the more I am wondering why we didn't do this ride already.

Old 06-09-2009 | 02:30 PM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by masterblaster
I am also thinking about doing a day run to San Diego to jump in the pacific ocean so I can say I did a cross country trip hehe, will weigh that as time and planning gets closer.
Don't forget about Las Vegas, only a short 5 hours away.

Old 06-09-2009 | 03:18 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 1of2
Sounds like we have some good ideas.
Paul consider this. You want 400 mile days. That is 5 days there and 5 back with good weather. Throw a couple bad days in there and you have 12 days of riding. I can get about the same vacation as you but I don't think it is enough to do it. If we trailer and take turns driving we can get there in two days. Once you see the awesome riding in AZ you won't want to waste days riding down I10. I want at least a week to ride the desert. I will ride there some day but not with only two weeks to get there visit and get back. It just isnt enough time for me. I will need a day to rent a boat on Canyon lake too. That was my favorite spot in the world when I lived there.
Even if some ride, some trailer and some fly and rent we can all meet there at the same time and have some good times with the AZ guys.
I see your point Dale. Fly & Ride isn't the same as having YOUR OWN bike out there. I don't want MasterBlaster thinking I'm a whimp by trailering.

I'm sooooooo confused. Heeeeeeeeee heeeeee heeeeee.

Redman (SP), BlueDragon..... COOL..... you're part of the "plan" heeeeee heeeeee hee. I assume that Eddie is in here somehow. Hopefully others as this thread ages a bit.

I have access to two different trailers, one med-sized enclosed trailer that will fit three baggers, and then a neighbor who has an open trailer that will fit two baggers. I have not asked for any commitments yet from either owner.

Of course I have to ask the boss; don't know if Patti wants in on this adventure or not. (I'm sure she'll immediately envision the vultures scene from the movie Wild Hogs).

Tell me this, Dean/Dale- are you envisioning a base camp we day-trip from and back to each day, or are we town-hopping (hotel hopping), making some sort of circuit? If it is the base-camp scenerio then I may be able to talk Patti into joining. She may not ride everyday if she has a pool to hang at (at the hotel).

More so; if we're day-tripping back and forth to a base camp then we don't need to fly out (or trailer) with roll packs that are needed on the bikes. I can bring my Samsonite matching set. Heeeeeeeee heeeeeeee heeeee

A day on the lake sounds PERFECT..... How many beer coolers can we load on one of those pontoon boats? Ya all know I am a USCG Licensed 100 ton Master? Heeeeeeeeee heeeeeeeeee heeeeee

Old 06-09-2009 | 03:53 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

Now this is looking very interesting. How far is the grand canyon? Wife and I hav e always talked about that trip. Will see how things work out but I guess pencil us in. I like the idea of switching trailers with riders for a day or so over there.

Quick Reply: Florida Crew invited to ride in Arizona