"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

New Black Bike Owners read this

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009 | 07:48 AM
masterblaster
|
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts
Default New Black Bike Owners read this

BDM's post from another thread, he is correct just be careful with the detailing, black shows every swirl and flaw, it will drive you crazy.

SP keep this in mind when you go to pick up the new RKC.

Originally Posted by bulldogmoe7
be very careful of what towels you use on that black. i accidentally used the wrong towel on my road king and left fine scratches on it. i now use a leaf blower, works GREAT

Old 05-19-2009 | 07:54 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts
Angry Been there Done that...

Originally Posted by masterblaster
BDM's post from another thread, he is correct just be careful with the detailing, black shows every swirl and flaw, it will drive you crazy.

As I am one that made this mistake there is a fix that will forgive you for doing it .. Not that I plan on making the same mistake twice.. But have found nothing better than QUIXX for Swirls and Light Scratches...

Attached Thumbnails New Black Bike Owners read this-quixx.jpg  
Old 05-19-2009 | 07:55 AM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jerry I used the nanowax from eagle products. My SG is black and it is three years old and let me tell you this stuff is beyond awesome. My truck and my bike look terrific after using this stuff. Wipe it on and wipe it off with ease using a microfiber cloth....

http://www.eagleone.com/pages/produc...=1103&cat=5010

Attached Thumbnails New Black Bike Owners read this-coys1.jpg   New Black Bike Owners read this-sg2sale.jpg  
Old 05-19-2009 | 08:01 AM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats it pay homage to the great BDM, thank you

Old 05-19-2009 | 08:16 AM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Some how this just isn't what I expected when I read the title of this thread.

Old 05-19-2009 | 08:21 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I can already tell that this black bike of mine is going to drive me crazy if I want to sustain the "show room" look. I have used nanowax before, and there are some other instant "detailing" products that work pretty good for me as well.

I am very careful with what towels I use, and a dedicated blower is "on the list". For now I have used the output side of a wet-dry vac that helps a lot.

If I get the wax thick enough, hopefully I am just messing that layer up vs. getting into my clear coat. To whatever degree, hitting some of these Florida prehistoric bugs at 65mph has got to leave a mark. LOL.

Old 05-19-2009 | 08:29 AM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

Mine already has light swirls from the dealer "cleaning" it for me when they installed the alarm system. Isn't that nice of them to do that at no charge for their customers?

Old 05-19-2009 | 11:49 AM
LadyHawk
Road Captain

We have a friend that swears by a california duster. He never washed his bike with water and soap. I think he used a spray on cleaner/wax with a microfiber cloth and that was it. His bike was showroom quality even tho it was 5 years old. Maybe Blue Dragon remembers the polish name...

Old 05-19-2009 | 04:58 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by masterblaster

I have already decided against black..I had a black Trans Am and it almost killed me keeping it clean....wash it ...watch the dust settle on it...I'm gonna go with Sunglo Red and Burnt Gold....only hold up is a place to park...I just can't bring myself to leaving a bike like that outside, just can't do it...I would pull the trigger tomorrow on it if I could solve the parking dilemma ....

Old 05-19-2009 | 05:20 PM
kimbo
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by redman53
I would pull the trigger tomorrow on it if I could solve the parking dilemma ....
How about a new larger door. Also several self storage facilities offer small units for cycle storage. You also have a friend in Palm Beach Gardens with a garage who could help you ride it.

Quick Reply: New Black Bike Owners read this