"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

New Black Bike Owners read this

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009 | 09:47 PM
masterblaster
|
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

I have a chain saw, sawzall with some big blades, nail gun. screw gun, a framing square, and a shim pack. I think we are equiped to remodel the condo. Kimbo has the brain power. Or you can park it in my garage. Eiether wy.

Originally Posted by kimbo
How about a new larger door. Also several self storage facilities offer small units for cycle storage. You also have a friend in Palm Beach Gardens with a garage who could help you ride it.

Old 05-20-2009 | 03:18 PM
wingnutt
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, as a person who has been in the auto refinish business for over 30 years. I have had my share of problems with black, or dark colored vehicles. Let me offer some advice.

Try to avoid wax, there are some that do work good. But the purpose of a wax is to provide U.V. protection for your paint. The clear coat finish already has that. Wax builds up on the finish, and unless you strip the wax before every application, you get major buildup. Instead use a clearcoat safe polish, and a very soft pre washed microfiber cloth. 3M and Mothers make a polish that works great.

Just my .02

Old 05-20-2009 | 03:40 PM
Deadbroke_bootleg
Tourer

I just ride mine dirty. B-)

Old 05-20-2009 | 10:31 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

My garage has never turned a bike away and never will. Especially a new Road King

Old 05-21-2009 | 08:43 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by wingnutt
Guys, as a person who has been in the auto refinish business for over 30 years. I have had my share of problems with black, or dark colored vehicles. Let me offer some advice.

Try to avoid wax, there are some that do work good. But the purpose of a wax is to provide U.V. protection for your paint. The clear coat finish already has that. Wax builds up on the finish, and unless you strip the wax before every application, you get major buildup. Instead use a clearcoat safe polish, and a very soft pre washed microfiber cloth. 3M and Mothers make a polish that works great.

Just my .02
Your .02 is worth a lot to me. Thanks!

Do you like the new nanowax products that are out there now?

Old 05-21-2009 | 01:37 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Keeping it looking good is a challenge, and I accept it. You can't beat the black when it is all shined up.

Old 05-21-2009 | 02:46 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Alot of money can be spent on the "latest & greatest" newfangled marketing gimmicks, but good ole inexpensive Lemon Pledge polish and a micro fiber cloth keeps my 5 YO ride nice and shiny and swirl free. That includes the chrome and wimpshield as well.

Old 05-21-2009 | 04:22 PM
wingnutt
Road Master
Originally Posted by PoorBoy
Your .02 is worth a lot to me. Thanks!

Do you like the new nanowax products that are out there now?
Never tried the Nanowax stuff. Personally I use a product called Race Glaze Polish and Sealant, about once a year, and pledge spray furniture polish after every washing. Leaves the bike smelling nice and lemony.

Old 05-21-2009 | 08:50 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Hey Wingnutt,

Do you have an opinion on this? I have used it for 5 years and it sure makes the bike shine. Would love to hear what an expert thinks!

http://www.maasinc.com/products_motorcycle.asp

Old 05-22-2009 | 01:21 PM
wingnutt
Road Master

Mike, I have never heard of that product, but the polishing gloves are a very cool idea. Gonna have to get me a pair.If you've been using it that long, thats a good testament, cause every time ive ever seen your Dyna. Its nice and shiny.

Quick Reply: New Black Bike Owners read this