"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Florida Crew Patches

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 09:27 PM
KHD
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kimbo
Wow, intresting how an old post gets twisted, but with the Mesh, I have learned to expect a twist. Anyway great job on the patches. I agree with Dale, two rides with the Crew or Ocala Rally, you got a patch. Looking forward to seeing all the new members in Ocala. But please remember that Dale is out of pocket on the patches and you need to contribute to the Ocala fund for the BBQ and all the extras.
Contributing to the Ocala fund is guaranteed, consider it my way of saying thanks to everyone for being such a great group of people and a show of my support. Plus, I wouldn't feel right accepting a patch without tossing Dale some cash for that too because as you stated, it's out of his pocket and he deserves to be compensated.

I'll be sending my Ocala contribution come Sept, I just need someone to let me know how to get it to the right place.

~Kalvin

Old 08-06-2010, 09:33 PM
KHD
Advanced

Originally Posted by themensh
A small red X? (that is what I saw....)
Hey at least you get the red X... I don't even get that in any of the posts

Old 08-06-2010, 09:38 PM
kimbo
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by KHD
Contributing to the Ocala fund is guaranteed, consider it my way of saying thanks to everyone for being such a great group of people and a show of my support. Plus, I wouldn't feel right accepting a patch without tossing Dale some cash for that too because as you stated, it's out of his pocket and he deserves to be compensated.

I'll be sending my Ocala contribution come Sept, I just need someone to let me know how to get it to the right place.

~Kalvin
Just ride with us and your a Crew Member and you will meet a bunch of great Peps

Old 08-06-2010, 09:54 PM
KHD
Advanced

Originally Posted by kimbo
Just ride with us and your a Crew Member and you will meet a bunch of great Peps
Sounds great, but that Ocala donation is still happening It's the least I can do since I'm planning on making it to the rally!

On a side note... what's the environment there at Ocala? Would it be appropriate to bring my son? Or is it aimed more towards the adults?

~Kalvin

Old 08-06-2010, 11:36 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

The Ocala rally is more of an adult party. We don't get wild or anything but don't really want to have to watch our actions around kids either.

Old 08-07-2010, 02:53 AM
KHD
Advanced

Understandable and I can completely respect that too. And thinking about it, probably for the best if I go solo for Ocala anyways (I mean he's 17, 18 in Dec, but this way I won't have to worry about keeping an eye on him, which I would end up doing since it would be his 1st rally).

Are there any of the rides (ie: non-rally events) that occur throughout the year appropriate to bring him along on? Or should I just plan on hitting most of those solo? I appreciate the input, since where I'm originally from, there wasn't really any sort of rides or anything aside from 1 or 2 HOG runs.

~Kalvin

Old 08-07-2010, 11:25 AM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by KHD
Sounds great, but that Ocala donation is still happening It's the least I can do since I'm planning on making it to the rally!

On a side note... what's the environment there at Ocala? Would it be appropriate to bring my son? Or is it aimed more towards the adults?

~Kalvin
Mostly B.S.'ing.....allot of getting to know one-another. Matching names with faces.
Some alcohol was observed last year (and the year before). Some male nudeness (if bulldog moe shows up).
We stuffed about 30 people into a bathroom last year (didn't
set a record that I know of). Some banjo playing (not scary-movie type)...Planning rides, RIDING, eating oysters, Bar-b-que...and then more of the same above.
(Ocala Rally changes from year to year...but mostly it is the Florida Crew getting together and bonding....and alcohol, banjos....RIDING....eating...)

a 17 year old might get bored. LOL

chuck the mensh

Old 08-07-2010, 11:43 AM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by KHD
since where I'm originally from, there wasn't really any sort of rides or anything aside from 1 or 2 HOG runs.

~Kalvin
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.....there ain't no comparing anything HOG related to anything Crew related...if you thought the HOG runs sucked (which generally they do...i.e. too many rules...you gotta wear a helmet...you can't get out of the line....WE make the line...No smiling while riding...etc etc) your gonna love Crew rides..i.e. NO Rules Just Ride....and yeah your gonna smile ALOT!!

Old 08-07-2010, 02:55 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by redman53
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.....there ain't no comparing anything HOG related to anything Crew related...if you thought the HOG runs sucked (which generally they do...i.e. too many rules...you gotta wear a helmet...you can't get out of the line....WE make the line...No smiling while riding...etc etc) your gonna love Crew rides..i.e. NO Rules Just Ride....and yeah your gonna smile ALOT!!
So....we CAN get out of line? I do not advocate 'getting out of line'.
Smiling while riding...or NOT....should not be a rule. A smirk is acceptable on
most Crew rides. (Grins/smirks/snickers/shuckles and guffaws are equally accepted...chortles, although less popular.....are OK).
Sour-****** are still welcome, but do not stand too close to the banjo player.

chuck the mensh

Old 08-07-2010, 03:05 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member

Dale, are you going to be the set-up/money taker again this year?
If you are not...and you need seperate monies for hats/patches...who is collecting for the bar-b-ques and whatever may be extra? I may be OK financially, but others may need a heads up. I know, donations are gratefully accepted, otherwise this would not be pulled off, what with the 'no rules' clause.
Just wondering.

chuck the mensh

Quick Reply: Florida Crew Patches