"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Florida Crew Patches

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 02:39 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepman54
+1, I agree with the patches being site neutral. But I also wouldn't mind if they somehow recognized Ocala. After all I think if it weren't for Ocala we'd really be split up into a bunch of different groups riding in Florida instead of being the "Florida Crew".
Now we're talking. No one is disputing how the first Ocala gathering got started, and all the hard work that went into the event. I think most will agree that the unity of the "Florida Crew" and all offspring gatherings (cookouts, rides, etc) are because of our couple of get togethers in Ocala where we all get to mingle.

I think we should keep working on the patch designs and see what else evolves. I know Dale was just throwing something out there and no one is being picky. How about something with a gator on it? With all the pirate and Spanish conquests (all over Florida) a skull, daggers, Jolly Rodger, treasure chests, etc. There are lots of themes outside the outline of the state being on there.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:01 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by PoorBoy
Now we're talking. No one is disputing how the first Ocala gathering got started, and all the hard work that went into the event. I think most will agree that the unity of the "Florida Crew" and all offspring gatherings (cookouts, rides, etc) are because of our couple of get togethers in Ocala where we all get to mingle.

I think we should keep working on the patch designs and see what else evolves. I know Dale was just throwing something out there and no one is being picky. How about something with a gator on it? With all the pirate and Spanish conquests (all over Florida) a skull, daggers, Jolly Rodger, treasure chests, etc. There are lots of themes outside the outline of the state being on there.

After thinking about it, I would agree with you guys. It was Ocala that brought the "Florida Crew" together. We didn't even get our name until the rally, and we got the name because so many people from different areas of Florida came together. I like the state in the patch, and how about putting the marker over Ocala. Sorry for all of the confusion.

Murph

Old 04-29-2009, 04:23 PM
HDRick
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about something with a gator on it? With all the pirate and Spanish conquests (all over Florida) a skull, daggers, Jolly Rodger, treasure chests, etc. There are lots of themes outside the outline of the state being on there.

If we're going this far, how about the Space Shuttle, Mickey Mouse, the Coppertone girl with her bathing suit being pulled down by a black Cocker Spaniel? Just kidding, but these patches are gonna be $10 each.

Old 04-29-2009, 04:41 PM
Bob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HDRick
If we're going this far, how about the Space Shuttle, Mickey Mouse, the Coppertone girl with her bathing suit being pulled down by a black Cocker Spaniel? Just kidding, but these patches are gonna be $10 each.

AND.... 12" in diameter

Last edited by Bob; 04-29-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:03 PM
UltraJim
Cruiser

I would be interested in 2 patches and a hat. Post up when avail.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:02 AM
Rebel Ryder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

with respect to everyones opinion, including mine, this has gotten to the "too many cooks spoil the broth" point!
start here, honor that, tic tat, bim bam, hot cold, bla bla...
whatever happend to "keep it simple"?

Old 05-04-2009, 04:23 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey Reb. How's those purple apes doing?

Old 05-04-2009, 04:29 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow this really got confusing....

Old 05-07-2009, 10:43 AM
gmurdock
Tourer

When you guys figure this out how about letting me know? Just looked at 13 pages of nothing being desided. Does anyone here have a design they like? Post it & let the ones that like it buy it. If you don't like it come up with another design & post it.

Old 05-07-2009, 11:59 AM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

This patch thing has turned into a clusterf*ck.
I think I am just going to hold off and probably make something up for the rally this year. If someone else wants to get some made up before then, then by all means go for it.

Quick Reply: Florida Crew Patches