"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Florida Crew Patches

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 09:40 AM
HDRick
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1of2
This is the one I like, but a Star for the Lake wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:00 AM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by HDRick
1of2, is the patch idea still alive?

It sure is. I was hoping more people would post more patches up so we could have a selection to choose from. Obviously I'm no artist. We'll get 'em done though either way.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:19 AM
HDRick
Road Warrior
Old 04-29-2009, 10:27 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by murph
I like the bar and shield shape, but probably too expensive.

I also agree with the star or marker for the Okee area. It is where the Fl Crew started. It was the original ride that started the whole group. Just my .02 though. I will buy a patch, hat, and do-rag anyways.

Murph

Hold on Murph & BlueDragon. I've got to politely disagree with you on that. Plenty of Florida folks were riding around together BEFORE that first rally in Ocala (which you did initiate).

Ya can't say that the "Florida Crew" started anywhere, except maybe in FLORIDA.

We're ALL in this together, and many of us have been friends and have been getting together before that first rally. Ocala gatherings get credit for building new friendships and reinforcing existing ones.

Last edited by PoorBoy; 04-29-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:15 AM
HDRick
Road Warrior

PoorBoy has a very valid point. The patch should be as "site" neutral as possible.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:07 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

i am just sitting back and letting this all work.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:47 PM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PoorBoy
Hold on Murph & BlueDragon. I've got to politely disagree with you on that. Plenty of Florida folks were riding around together BEFORE that first rally in Ocala (which you did initiate).

We're ALL in this together, and many of us have been friends and have been getting together before that first rally. Ocala gatherings get credit for building new friendships and reinforcing existing ones.
You're right, Paul.. the Big Lake Ride (as I refer to it) wasn't the origination of the "FL Crew".. it was just the ride/group/crew that got the ball rolling on the (now annual) Ocala Rally~ So your point is well validated~

Old 04-29-2009, 12:50 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey hey poorboy....cool the jets man.
I'm not trying to say people on this board did not ride together. It just started coming together as a whole after the first ride to Okee. Mike and I even made the comment about it. That was why we planned the Big O ride. The idea for the rally happened at the Texaco gas station during the Big O ride. If the star for Okee offends anyone, then please leave it out. I don't want anyone upset. "Can't we all just get along"......

Old 04-29-2009, 02:13 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

+1, I agree with the patches being site neutral. But I also wouldn't mind if they somehow recognized Ocala. After all I think if it weren't for Ocala we'd really be split up into a bunch of different groups riding in Florida instead of being the "Florida Crew".

Old 04-29-2009, 02:36 PM
Phlip96
Outstanding HDF Member

I agree with Passoutman - Well said Jeremy! You can go back to sleep now

Not that it is where it started but where it is like a common point we are all likely to see every part of the Florida Crew. It is very unlikely to see the two north and south ends meet up other than interstate rides, which dont happen all too often. Maybe annually, oh wait! annual ocala rally! Catching the drift here folks?

Just putting in my change (.02) dont yell at me!

Quick Reply: Florida Crew Patches